No votes

Total votes : 18

JPOG vs Zoo tycoon 2

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:40 pm

I feel it is time we give this frequent argument a topic of its own
Here is how I see it:

Zoo Tycoon 2
Pros;
Breeding I think this is one of the best parts of the game as everyone sees it in a different way. Some people use it as a method of getting more exhibits cheaply. Others just want cute little baby animals. and some people, like myself, just want a bit of cash so we sell all the babies :twisted:
Terrain tools The sculpting tools allow you to really put your imagination in the game. One of my favourite things was creating enviroments that looked like something from the wild rather than what the animal wants. Such as useing a mountain for my snow loving animals rather than just a pen. Swamp enviroments also hold a place in my heart.
*please feel free to add your own ideas. These are just examples
Cons;
Visators The geusts in Zoo tycoon are quite possibly the most annoying things EVER and woefully un-human. I mean, I'm sure all of you have had a bunch of angry geusts complaining about the lack of a donation box. I mean seriously... They walk around with big cheery smiles but clicking on them reveals that they are infact secretly hungry, thirsty, tired, unhappy and need to go to the toilet. To rub the effect in, the camera that is tracking them passes a bathroom, some food and drink vendors and a line of benches. Why aren't they useing these cleverly placed amnitties? Because they are too busy trying to find a fuggin donation box! :x
Another notable time was when I released my lions on them. The lions ran around the place and the screams that issued forth made my ears bleed temporairly. I quickly shut off the sound and listened to some calming music to spare myself.
Model/Animation quaility *pukes*.....*pukes repeatedly* Even if a game is made for young kids.... Nothing, just nothing redeems the crappy modeling. The unrealistic cartoony animals ice skate (bad animations) around the enclosures. Have you ever seen a lion chaseing a Zebra? At first you are on the edge of your seat expecting the lion to leap onto the fleeing Zebra when it suddenly crashes into the Zebras fat behind. The Zebra runs off while the lion claws feebly at mid air like a 90 yr old fat cat with arthiritus (The Fleeing Zebra often implodes at this stage leaving a rib cage behind, some times ya gotta admire these guy's logic) The geusts look like evil robots that with painted on happy faces and clothes (that would explain why they make me so angry...)

Again, these were just examples, please put foreward your own points

Jurassic park: Operation Genesis
Pros
Behaviour Clearly alot of work was put into making realistic behaviour in JPOG. And it shows. A lazy hour or so can be spent just watching the life of a single raptor in its pack or a T-rex on site B. Instead of having food just plopped onto the ground infront of them the Carnivors actually hunt for their food. Even if you dont have a food despeniser set up they will hunt other dinosaurs for food, and people if it comes to it. Sadly this is offset by the lack of breeding, meaning your herds of hearbavours slowly dissappear and then the carnivours follow as they die of hunger....
Model/animation/sound Quaility The models look superb. In one sentence that pretty much sums them up. They are made of seperate parts so you can see the animations being blened together. Such as a Spinosaurus randomly scrathing the side of its head as it walks around looking for food. Its these little things that I like about it. The sounds sound realistic aswell and very life like. That siad, I dont exactly know what T-rex sounds like but I can imagine it would be pretty similar :oops:
Cons
(where to start...)
Visators :twisted: Ok, lets face it. JPOGs geusts MUST be placed there for the pure reason of pissing off the player. They drone, they moan, they look like the evil smiley face robots "mark II"
They generally suck! It would take me hours to document just how annoying they are.
lack of features One thing that annoyed me was the limitations of the game. It got boring quickly, Safari rides could only drive through one exhibit. the Absense of a vital hotel building. The terrain editing system is horrible and allows for almost no creative design. The large carnivours rarely attempted to escape and just wandered around happy and content no matter what. I dumped a T-rex into the smallest size of encolousre with just one food despenser and low security walls. It lived a long happy life -_-

OK everyone. My hands are tired and I need to get back to the rest of the site. So please disscuss!
Last edited by Doc 42 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:49 pm

Well, to be honest, I agree with your views on the visitors. I mean seriously! All they do is walk around complaining when they COULD be having a great time. "The dinosaurs are so boring. I want thrills!" WTF do you expect, the people who bred the dinosaurs to be made out of momney? To have a money tree? -_-

And the animations of Zt2? Don't even get me started. crappy, to put it simply. but it's clear things are trying to be made better. like, compare the dinos from the Dino Danger pack to the ones in Extinct Animals. Real improvement there.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrantTR » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:02 pm

I'm going to be sreious here, my Beef with ZT2 is the animals.

It is a kids game, yes. I know. But Kids see a picture of a real animal and they go: "Okay thats a tiger." Do there parents censor real animals? Nope. And so ZT2 seems to have gone and said: "They don't want the real thing they want a rendition that doesn't scare them." I'm not scared of Tigers, never was, I'm not scared of almost ANY animal, unless it tried to kill me. Point made, they make them cartoony ANYWAYS. The bipedal Dinosaurs look like the hunchback of notradame. And there slow as hell as far as I've seen. From the videos and the Dino Danger pack and stuff. The animals, animation wise, and everything are just not belivable too me. And I may get ridiculed for that but it's true. The great white shark in that game breaks lance speed records. It's faster than the Lions for crying out loud. Is it even educational? I guess, you get about a paragraph and some fun facts but not much. But I do agree, the game adds for plenty of freedom, with the terreforming and the diagonal stuff. That is an enjoyable part I will admit. But the fact that the guests need donation boxes makes me unhappy. People are more likely to try and jump the fence than even pay the addmission fee.

JPOG is practicaly no better. The animals are beautiful, realalistic and such, animations are fairly good, but to be truthful, gameplay? It's only decent. It's nothing we haven't seen, few original things, striped Dinosaurs, who would have imagined, right?
I'm not belittling ZT2 to this just cause it has Jurassic Park slapped onto it, but really, everything isn't all that bad. It's a simulator, and I just so happen to enjoy it. THe guests aren't nearly as pain-in-the-ass like as you guys make them out to be. I just have a problem with that lady saying guests were disapointed. All in all, both have there faults, but really, I favour JPOG. Peace out.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:04 pm

Zoo Tycoon 2 has JPOG beat in almost every aspect.

Models:

So ZT2's models aren't for the accurate Dino Experts or Animal Pros, does that make it a bad game? No it doesn't. Alot of the models look great.

Sound:

DEFINATELY better then JPOG. Its the lack OF sound that makes the game better, not having to hear your dinos being mamed or a guest taking a ****. Seriously. ZT2's quiet gameplay makes the game easier to be played.

Behavior:

Yes, JPOG's behavior is better in some aspects. But we are talking about a ZOO here, not the wild. Its like an aquarium, the same reason why Sharks don't eat other fish: They know they're being fed, and therefore have no need to hunt. Same applys with Trexs in ZT2 not eating animals placed in their enclosures immediatly. Will they eventually kill them? Yes, they will, I've tryed it.

Look at JPOG. Who the HELL ever heard of a Trex attacking a Para, watching it fall, then chasing it AGAIN?! Its horrible inacurate and annoying as hell, definately a "con" to the game.

Visitors:

As Doc said, JPOG has the WORST visitors EVER in a zoo sim. Ever. ALl they do is whine, die, or leave. Half the time, they are too blind/deaf/dumb to find a Kiosk RIGHT INFRONT OF THEIR FACES, thus causing them to DIE. Or better yet, on the way to FIND a Kiosk, they suddenly drop over dead. What the HELL is with that?

Zoo Tycoon 2, unlike JPOG, has visitors that have generally stupid needs, but are FAR less annoying then JPOG's. The quality of the models/skins is pritty low, but JPOG's is no better if not worse.

Features:

Face it, ZT2 has JPOG smeared all over the sidewalk in this department. Terrain Tools, More Animals (Which has more Dinosaurs then JPOG, and the game isn't even made FOR Dinos), more buildings, more staff members, more enclosure addons, breeding, to name a few.

JPOG is severly lacking, mainly because of the developers stripping the game for some odd reason. The game pales in comparision to the beta, most of which was taken OUT before the game was released.

Animations:

Yes, JPOG definately beats ZT2 in this department. Whoever heard of animals suddenly exploding into a pile of bones with meat on them? Oh wait, thats because little kids can't handle REALITY. JPOG is no better, the dinosaurs constantly getting stuck infront of a TREE, or other object you are forced to remove. The death duels shine through for JPOG here, but the lack OF these beautiful animations makes the game disappointing.

Popularity:

Zoo Tycoon all the way here. Want to know why?

Expansions.

Expansions are the result of public demand for more features and such in a game. How many does ZT2 have? Whats that? 4? And JPOG? Hmm? NONE? Well, I think we know who takes the cake here.

As you can see, ZT2, in my opinion, is the better game to own, JPOG only used, by me at least, for filming. If you want a JP game, get JPOG. If you want a Zoo Sim, get ZT2.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:06 pm

Ahh, i only play JPOG for simulation of when im presiden, unleashing rexes on the visiters...

any ways...

thay both have let downs but JPOG is the best compared to ZTC

Oh, doc, ya need to be creative. My safari rides are in 1 giant encloser, with some mini pens inside. i let the car drive by them like in JP1. My rex, goes crazy and kills every thing..and it's not even in a rampage!!
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:12 pm

Sadly my T-rex destorys the car and doesnt eat the geusts. Instead lettign them to die of exposure (???) as TT said, the geusts are ******* hypocondriacs dying at every seocond
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:16 pm

I try to avoid dino rampages, though they are amusing. I prefer to replay missions (I'm stuck on one my 'cousin' always managed to beat) and exercises. It's fun to fly the helicopter and watch the dinos panic.

never before have I been more bored than when starting a zoo or park from scratch. All work and no fun.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:20 pm

I only play JPOG for the thrill of having Site B, and getting a real herbivore scene.

ZT2 has JPOG beat.
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:24 pm

Cause I feel jackassish today I shall point out inacuraces thank you. : D

Look at JPOG. Who the HELL ever heard of a Trex attacking a Para, watching it fall, then chasing it AGAIN?! Its horrible inacurate and annoying as hell, definately a "con" to the game.

Here we go. Let me see. That doesn't really happen, even my allo swipes down at the animal before it gets up, killing it. The rex does not wait for it too get up but continues running, and then it does get up and the chase continues. Inacurate? What if it thought it killed the creature? Animals already do that.

DEFINATELY better then JPOG. Its the lack OF sound that makes the game better, not having to hear your dinos being mamed or a guest taking a ****. Seriously. ZT2's quiet gameplay makes the game easier to be played.

Seriously, WTF? So now less sound is relalistic. I like the sound in JPOG, you actualy hear the animal plopping onto the floor, you actualy HEAR the goat being ripped off the ground, unlike ZT2 witch you barely geta roar out of, and you barely get a Foot step out of. Really, a heard of elephants makes the gorund shake. Aparently not in this game.

So ZT2's models aren't for the accurate Dino Experts or Animal Pros, does that make it a bad game? No it doesn't. Alot of the models look great.

Great? Sure if you want Spongebob style creatures. Who wants a bear that doesn't look like a bear? Who wants a Dinosaur that looks like it's been beaten out of it's mind? Do you see the feet? It looks like theyre mutilated beyond belief.

Yes, JPOG's behavior is better in some aspects. But we are talking about a ZOO here, not the wild. Its like an aquarium, the same reason why Sharks don't eat other fish: They know they're being fed, and therefore have no need to hunt. Same applys with Trexs in ZT2 not eating animals placed in their enclosures immediatly. Will they eventually kill them? Yes, they will, I've tryed it.

A zoo makes it different? Animals are animals. The strongest is the best. When an animal is taken out of the wild will it adapt to it's enclosure? Eventually. And the fact that they supposedly added hunting behavior, yet failed is also what bothers me.

Zoo Tycoon 2, unlike JPOG, has visitors that have generally stupid needs, but are FAR less annoying then JPOG's. The quality of the models/skins is pritty low, but JPOG's is no better if not worse.

As far as I've seen they have practicaly the same needs. And each follows it out the way it should. I haven't had much problems with my visitors at all. I give them what they want and they really don't care much, they don't flop over and die for me.

Face it, ZT2 has JPOG smeared all over the sidewalk in this department. Terrain Tools, More Animals (Which has more Dinosaurs then JPOG, and the game isn't even made FOR Dinos), more buildings, more staff members, more enclosure addons, breeding, to name a few.

OBJECTION!

In total ZT2 has an amount of 14 dinosaurs, the rest being mammals. JPOG has 25. And lets keep in mind, JPOG isn't completed. Does this make a difference? Mabye, mabye not. But either way, ZT got popular and that is fairly much the ONLY reason it has more features.

JPOG is no better, the dinosaurs constantly getting stuck infront of a TREE, or other object you are forced to remove. The death duels shine through for JPOG here, but the lack OF these beautiful animations makes the game disappointing.

What? THe only thing Dinosaurs gett stuck behind is a building. Do you want them to run through it? Yeah sure lets have that happen. Cause it'd look so realalistic. The Death Duels are awesome, and again the game is incomplete. WHo knows how many there were going to be.

Expansions.

Expansions are the result of public demand for more features and such in a game. How many does ZT2 have? Whats that? 4? And JPOG? Hmm? NONE? Well, I think we know who takes the cake here.

I totally agree, expansions make the game so amazing and stuff. JPOG didn't get as much advertisment as it deserved. THere probably won't be a sequal but then again, who cares? It's been better than most of the expansions ZT2 has come out with thus far.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:40 pm

Here we go. Let me see. That doesn't really happen, even my allo swipes down at the animal before it gets up, killing it. The rex does not wait for it too get up but continues running, and then it does get up and the chase continues. Inacurate? What if it thought it killed the creature? Animals already do that.

Only with the CEP mod. In the original game, the large predators waited for the prey to GET UP and THEN started chasing it. Even when DIEING OF HUNGER.

Seriously, WTF? So now less sound is relalistic. I like the sound in JPOG, you actualy hear the animal plopping onto the floor, you actualy HEAR the goat being ripped off the ground, unlike ZT2 witch you barely geta roar out of, and you barely get a Foot step out of. Really, a heard of elephants makes the gorund shake. Aparently not in this game.

Yes, because hearing the guests in JPOG sound like meat being consumed in stomach acid makes the game SO much better. Sorry, if I had a choice between my Albertos sounding like their being raped every time a predator goes past and guests sounding like churning meat, or close to silence, I'll take silence thank you very much.

Great? Sure if you want Spongebob style creatures. Who wants a bear that doesn't look like a bear? Who wants a Dinosaur that looks like it's been beaten out of it's mind? Do you see the feet? It looks like theyre mutilated beyond belief.

The game is made for a YOUNG AGE GROUP, of COURSE its going to have kidish models and such. I agree with you there, but I have NO problem with most of the models.

A zoo makes it different? Animals are animals. The strongest is the best. When an animal is taken out of the wild will it adapt to it's enclosure? Eventually. And the fact that they supposedly added hunting behavior, yet failed is also what bothers me.

Key Word: WILD. Do you think, even in JPOG, CLONED Dinos are WILD?! HELL NO. Captive breed, therefore retaining different behaivor, like a shark in an aquarium, as I've said.

As far as I've seen they have practicaly the same needs. And each follows it out the way it should. I haven't had much problems with my visitors at all. I give them what they want and they really don't care much, they don't flop over and die for me.

...Are you joking? Most of the people here can agree JPOG's visitors suck ***, unmodded. You probably modded yours to be satisfied easier, which is a damn smart move.

In total ZT2 has an amount of 14 dinosaurs, the rest being mammals. JPOG has 25. And lets keep in mind, JPOG isn't completed. Does this make a difference? Mabye, mabye not. But either way, ZT got popular and that is fairly much the ONLY reason it has more features.

...Um...Look at ZT2, the FIRST one, without any XPs. It STILL had more features then JPOG. Like I said, face it, JPOG Phails in this department. This is ZT2's turf, JPOG hasn't got a chance. And JPOG ISN'T Complete, which makes it an all around worse game. If the developers didn't suck *** and remove most of the features, it would have easily beat ZT2.

What? THe only thing Dinosaurs gett stuck behind is a building. Do you want them to run through it? Yeah sure lets have that happen. Cause it'd look so realalistic. The Death Duels are awesome, and again the game is incomplete. WHo knows how many there were going to be.

...Um...so you've NEVER had a dino do a ******* DANCE infront of a tree because it randomly got in its way, despite the fact that its a TREE? It happens all the time, I'll even take video of it if needed.

I totally agree, expansions make the game so amazing and stuff. JPOG didn't get as much advertisment as it deserved. THere probably won't be a sequal but then again, who cares? It's been better than most of the expansions ZT2 has come out with thus far.

1: If ZT2 the original sucked, it wouldn't have gotten any expansions, therefore more popular then JPOG.
2: Correction. JPOG DIDN'T deserve alot of advertising, seeing as it was a shell of its former self after Blue Tongue decided to take most features out only because it wouldn't work on the console versions.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:59 pm

Alright alright. Let's not have an argument peoples.

Albertosaurs ARE annoying, yes, but who ever said you had to start from scratch? Who ever said you had to build a park? Even WITH limited funds, I made a 5* park. but it was a pain in the *** to manage. constant breakouts and rampages...who needs that? True, animals in ZT2 are quieter, and true, this can make a better gaming experience, but in some cases the lack of noise makes things boring and uninteresting. In animations and quality, JPOG has ZT2 beat. But in other areas, ZT2 is KING compared to JPOG. All around, they're both interesting games.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Vastatosaurus Rex » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:58 pm

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:Zoo Tycoon 2 has JPOG beat in almost every aspect.

Models:

Sound:

Behavior:

Visitors:

As Doc said, JPOG has the WORST visitors EVER in a zoo sim. Ever. ALl they do is whine, die, or leave. Half the time, they are too blind/deaf/dumb to find a Kiosk RIGHT INFRONT OF THEIR FACES, thus causing them to DIE. Or better yet, on the way to FIND a Kiosk, they suddenly drop over dead. What the HELL is with that?

Features:

JPOG is severly lacking, mainly because of the developers stripping the game for some odd reason. The game pales in comparision to the beta, most of which was taken OUT before the game was released.

Animations:

Yes, JPOG definately beats ZT2 in this department. Whoever heard of animals suddenly exploding into a pile of bones with meat on them? Oh wait, thats because little kids can't handle REALITY. JPOG is no better, the dinosaurs constantly getting stuck infront of a TREE, or other object you are forced to remove. The death duels shine through for JPOG here, but the lack OF these beautiful animations makes the game disappointing.

Popularity:

Expansions.

As you can see, ZT2, in my opinion, is the better game to own, JPOG only used, by me at least, for filming. If you want a JP game, get JPOG. If you want a Zoo Sim, get ZT2.

I agree with you,but take it this way,as a sim game,JPOG Fails,as a dinosaur game,ZT2 Owns there,as a dinosaur game,JPOG Owns, It does have more dino's..
Vastatosaurus Rex
Worm
Worm

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:08 pm

As I said, if you want a JP/Dino game, get JPOG.

If you want a good Animal Sim game, go for ZT2.

Depends on what you like/want.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Shadow » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:41 pm

There should be a "They're equal" option. -_-

Zoo Tycoon 2

Pros:

Animations

The animations in ZTC2 aren't the best, but they aren't the worst either. Okay, so you've never seen a computerized cheetah having spikes at the legs joints? I haven't. But at least they make the animals LOOK LIKE doing what they're supposed to be doing. E.g An elephant trumpeting actually looks like an Elephant trumpeting.

Limitations

Now, most of you will probably be thinking "Limitations? That's a bad thing!" But what I mean is; in ZTC2, you can build an enclosure ANY size and almost ANY shape. Therefore, you have a much wider range on exhibit/enclosures. In JPOG,you are

Graphics

Not the best, but not the worst either. The animals actually get dirty in ZTC2. The only downside of the graphics in ZTC2 is that there isn't much texture. You don't know if the Lemur's fur is soft. You don't know if the Rhinoceros has rough skin.
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
Shadow
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Raptor Llama » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:50 pm

I just want to give my views:

Graphics:

JPOG: Well, some of it depends. The graphics are truly amazing, if you have a high graphic card. I don't, so it isn't as good. But, it actually is pretty good anyway. The graphics for everything look great, with the exeption of the visitors. I mean, their face looks like a sloppy water color drawing. And there's not much variety, even if you have a higher graphics card. And they're all adults. I mean, where's the kids?

ZT2: Ok. The visitors look much better. They actually have decent faces. There's a huge variety, with kids included. As for the animals, let's see. Instead of decomposing like in JPOG, the animals just sorta evaportate and leave corpses behind. What? The animals themselves, it depends. The marine animals, for the most part, look great. So do most of the other animals. Some of them are cartoonish, especially the dinosaurs, but that's mainly it in terms of graphics. But they still aren't as great as JPOG's.

Winner: JPOG

Sound:

JPOG: Noisy, if you have a big park. The dinosaurs are constintly roaring, especially if you have all your herbivores in one exhibit, like me. But, the noise adds to it. But I don't think they should make sounds as much as they do. I mean, if you go to a zoo, does it sound extremely loud? I think not.

ZT2: Rather quiet. A little too quiet. Although realisticly quiet. As I said, when you go to a zoo, it's not so loud. The only downfall is in a real zoo, the animals don't really do much. In this, they sorta do a lot. And with the activity they do, it should have sound. So you have to fix one or the other.

Content & Creativity:

JPOG: As far as dinosaurs, you got a nice 25. But, you can't have more than 60, which pretty much sucks. And, you can only unlock 5 digsites in one park, so you can only have 15 species in one park, maybe even less, if you get two digsites that contain the same dinosaur. That's quite a letter-downer. I have GEP, but I'm reviewing the non-modded games here, so ya. In terms of buildings, there's not really enough of a selection. Just the bare miniumum. Not much decoration at all, really. And you can't really make, custom places. And terrarian is next to nothing in customization.

ZT2: Ah, if you buy all the expansion packs, and download all the offical downloads, you get 120+ animals to fiddle around with. You can see why they sacrificed graphics slightly. 120 3-D animals is a lot of hard work. And in structures, you can make many cool things. You could make a picnic place, or just build a resteraunt. And there's waaaaaaay more structures buildible in this. The Safari Adventure in this is about medium with JPOG's. Sure, you can not build it on a fence, build the road as long as you desire, and go in & out of any enclosure as long as you desire, but you just can't drive the thing. And that just sucks. And terrian is very customizable, and you can make many combos, and make a realy nice place. Awsome.

Winner: ZT2

Guests:

JPOG: Now these guys are kind of weird. Seriously, they say stuff like, "This Dinosaurs are boring. I want thrills!" Well it's a friggin dinosaur, isn't that good enough? I mean, if you saw a dinosaur, you wouldn't be commenting on its boreingness, you would faint, open your mouth in awe, or get really hyper. And they die of exposure. Although it only happened once (on an unmodded game), a visitor dropped dead while they were walking in the park. What? I don't see people randomly dieing when I go to a zoo. What's so special about this? Also, the visitors can't see through the fences, but if they go into any attraction, they can magicly see every dinosaur in the park if the attraction isn't even looking into a cage! What the heck!?

ZT2: Okay, the guest look for donation boxes. WHAT ON EARTH? When I go to a zoo, I'm not so eager to give them even more money, and without anything in return. And I defenently wouldn't complain that I couldn't flat out waste my money. That makes no sence! At least these visitors can actually see the fences, though, unlike JPOG's visitors. But sometimes they're looking for an attraction, and they walk right buy it? What?

Winner: Tie

Animal Behavior:

JPOG: These animals behave realisticly. They fight, hunt, eat plants, ect. They form packs. They behave like a dinosaur probably would, with the exception of the carnivores not trying to break out. Overall, they act natural.

ZT2: The animals act pretty good. I mean, they form packs and such. But They just are too unrealistic in some places. I mean, the croc turns into a marathon runner, the Great White would win the swimming olympics, and the dinosaurs go the speed of snails. They fail at speed, mainly. And jumping is just too odd.

Modding:

JPOG: Ah, modding JPOG. You can fix many of these issues, and have a game that can be great. AFter you mod it enough, you can have the game you want.

ZT2: Modding this is like modding JPOG, only a bit better. You can fix most of the issues, plus you can change sizes and change shapes. After enough modding, you can have a really great game.

Winner: ZT2

Overall winner: ZT2

Final notes: JPOG is sorta quality, where's ZT2 is quantity. But, graphics don't make a good game, gameplay does. And Zoo Tycoon 2 is just really great. Bluetounge and Bluefang's games were both great. But ZT2 just beats it by a bit.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:23 pm

I agree with RL. although JPOG was good, in terms of the sounds and the graphics, but the carnivores were always fighting, like when I put in 2 Rexes the things fought until one of them could anymore and it started panicking, so I activated the lethal gene.
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby Warlock93 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:52 pm

why cant there be a "both are good" option?
The three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Warlock you need to choose which one you think is the best.
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby RPGTopiadude » Thu May 29, 2008 9:05 pm

the thing about zt2 is that when an animal kills another animal it immediately the dead animal turn into some bones with meat! stupid
RPGTopiadude
Worm
Worm

Postby UltraGrunt117 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:46 am

JPOG FTW
"Were It so Easy"- The Arbiter

UltraGrunt117
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Next

Return to General Games