Halo Anything

Video game reviews and discussion.

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:52 pm

Man they make me sick. 50 bucks a year?!?!? Thats outrageous! Just compare it too valves, Steam system and you will see what I mean.
Other than that I would prolly play Halo if I had an X-box... It looks great! I have seen some unreal vids. (the ingame replay editor... *drools*)
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby dinoman666 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:58 pm

Believe me, $50 a year is better than $15 a month! As for the replay editor (called Forge)...

It is the GREATEST multiplayer attachment EVER!
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:32 pm

Steam= Free multiplayer and multiplayer support for mods
Freinds list to easily orgainise games against or with your freinds.
Free downloads on anygame you have purchased over steam AND no Cd required
Which if you ask me is a pretty good deal. I feel that The Halo thing is just another way of squeezing money out of you.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby dinoman666 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:53 pm

That's not for halo. That's just for Xbox live so you can play with friends online. And this is Microsoft, remember? They'll use any excuse to get money.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Anaclagon » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:58 pm

Hey Xbox live is lots of fun, Halo is like on a rank all by its own but imagine like Gears of War, Call of Duty or any other games that are coming up.
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:32 am

They just came out with three new maps that you can download for Halo 3. One of them is called Foundry, and you can basically edit almost anything on it.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Legendary Elite » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:58 am

I put up a quick review of Halo 3.

Anyway if you want to Anaclagon I'll add you. My gamertag is Legendary Eleet.

Oh by the way what do you guys think of the armour permutations?

My one is a Covenant Elite with Ascetic Helmet (requires Steppin' Razor Achievement which is Triple Kill with Energy Sword), Combat shoulders and Commando Body.

My Spartan armour is just Mark V helmet with Mark VI shoulders and Body.

My combination is practically any weapon in the game. I like them all but Energy Sword is the one I make my best mark with. Gravity Hammer is a fun one to use as well. And the Zombies gametype they finally put in Halo 3 (it was in Halo 2 only that certain rules and regulations had to be followed) is my favourite gametype thus far.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Warlock93 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:38 pm

LOL. Ok, 50 bucks a year= NOTHING. It's like a dollar a week. AND IT IS WORTH IT!

BTW, gamertags? Im BrandoMan4 on xbox live
Last edited by Warlock93 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Warlock, im a stingy miserious troll :P I like my money
Anyway, few questions about the replay editor. Can you add effects to it? Like film grain or blurs?
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:55 pm

No you can't Doc but if you are in certain situations like using a Fire grenade or Power Drainer and view in on someone on the right angle during replay it often shows that effect make some amazing snapshots. I'll show you some of mine later.

Ok let's make this a little easier for you to understand:

Let's use Valhalla as an example, I am an Elite (see my post below Warlock's to know my permutations) and I am going head to head against a Spartan. The Spartan comes up to me with a Shotgun to make a close up kill whereas I have a mere Plasma Rifle which would mean I'd be as good as screwed. I however have a Fire Grenade and so I throw it at him once he gets close enough and so he dies within a few seconds upon closing the gap between me and him.

Now I end the game and go to Theater Mode. I fast forward right to where this particuliar battle began and play it until the point I throw a fire grenade and stick it to my foe. I then put it in slow motion and view the camera on my character with a mid shot in mind but keeping it towards the right a bit. So I continue until my foe is actually engulfed by the flame grenade and move the camera slowly past the foe and to me but keeping it up close next to the foe and as I move closer to my character (keeping in mind I have paused the footage at this moment) I notice that the colour and everything is going a bright golden redish colour. This is because of the fire grenade.

I find this quite a good effect if you are doing screenshots.
Last edited by Legendary Elite on Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Warlock93 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:47 pm

Oh, my permutation is MK V helmet, EOD shoulders and MK 7 body. I like it. Anyone know where I can get maps for the skulls?(want hayabusa shoulders!)

OK, I pretty much rock with Snipe, Shotty, and Magnum. Also I am proficient with the oddball and flag(I LOVE MELEE). Shotty Snipers is BY FAR my best game.
The three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Legendary Elite » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:18 am

Ok I can guide you in this one Warlock.

Skulls:

The Skulls were first introduced in Halo 2's campaign missions as easter eggs for people to find and in doing so they activated mysterious effects, mostly on your foes rather than being supportive towards you. They return in Halo 3's campaign levels and are now able to be activated on any mission once obtained. There are a total of 9 Gold Skulls and plus 3 secret silver skulls to be found. Once all have been found they give you Hayabusa Armour Permutation. Go here to find out on where to locate the skulls:

Halo 3 Skulls

Warlock you should also ask your friends online as they would likely to have found them as well by themselves or with the help of others. Or just look it up, there are tonnes of guides on finding the skulls. I think this website should help you otherwise. Don't go to it if you want to seek out the skulls alone, be warned they are tricky to find.

Oh and my multiplayer armour is an Elite with Ascetic Helmet, Commando Shoulders (yes they finally removed the glitch for Commando shoulders a month ago!) and Combat body. My primary colour is Sage (seeing as it is a pure green colour, the normal green colour looks bad in Halo 3) and secondary is Gold with Crossed Swords as my emblem (I also go with the Snake Emblem sometimes).
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Warlock93 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:23 am

Are the skulls available on all difficulties?
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:30 am

All but Easy. Also, they don't activate immediately. Instead, they are saved to the game and you can turn them on or off when you want in the Campaign menu.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Warlock93 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:41 am

Cool, just trying to find them for Hayabusa stuff.

(BTW dino, does Smokestorm have wings?)
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:46 am

Personally, I do it for the skulls, not the Hayabusa armor (which I've learned to hate).

(And yes, he does. It was in a past plot)
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Warlock93 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:48 am

I like the Shoulders, everthing else is too, bleh.
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:54 am

Yeah, and I've noticed that the helmet makes it really easy to get headshots on them in Team SWAT.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby Warlock93 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:56 am

i LOVE SWAT.

Wish I could play on the new maps, but I got arcade version, so no hard drive for me :(
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby dinoman666 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:03 am

Only the arcade version? You need to actually buy the game. At least the normal edition.
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

PreviousNext

Return to General Games