Assassin's Creed

Video game reviews and discussion.

Assassin's Creed

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:35 am

Awesome game created by the same people who made Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia.

Basically, your an Assassin in Medival times, the Crusades to be exact. Your role is to destroy those who hurt others; you are never allowed to kill innocents, its against the Creed. You can kill civilians, but it takes a chunk out of your health, and the guards really don't like it much, so it should be avoided.

The gameplay is amazing. You can attack on your own, or counter attacks, using awesome animations, which, of course, are very bloody :P You can climb anything thats climbable in real life, which is a very good skill in getting away from enemies.

Speaking of the enemies, they are very smart. They can counter your attacks-none of the attacks are one hit kills, however-climb various things (Not as many things as the Assassin can, though), and can gang up on the player, which can present many problems.

The story...is too complex to explain, and mentioning any of it would ruin the experiance for someone who hasn't played the game. You just have to find out for yourselves :wink:

I reccomend the game to anyone would likes a game with a good story, bloody fighting, and ninjas/Assassins :P
TyrannoTitan

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:06 pm

me want to have game :o :o :o
but i don't think my pc can handle the game though :(

time for an upgrade to pentium 3 maybe?

J/K XD
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:12 pm

I always thought it was an Assassins job to kill who he is told to kill :P
weither its a case of some jealous lover hireing him to kill an innocent compeitor or some woman hireing him to kill her abusive husband
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:33 am

Well, its different then a Hitman. A Hitman is the one who will kill who he is told to kill, but an Assassin, at least in those times, only killed those who harmed others for whatever reason.

Still, awesome game.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:50 pm

your thinking of a vigilante, someone who takes the law into their own hands. An assassin is a murderer for hire. A hitman is pretty much the same thing as an assassin but usually they takea more direct approach (such as blowing them up with a car bomb as opposed to slipping arsenic into their tea)
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby C S » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:40 pm

now your makeing me think of spiderman.

wait...spiderman's great great great great great great great grandfather is the assassin? :lol:
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:04 pm

Um...no...

This dude kills political figures, even christian priests. But he does it with good intention; to end the Crusades.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:03 am

cool. i might buy it
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Anaclagon » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:49 pm

Game looks awesome on the trailers and youtube and stuff, cant wait to get it over the holidays

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby mega raptor » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:15 am

Got the game for Christmas, just beat it this evening. It's a good game, but it's a little repetitive and the enemy AI isn't always perfect (why don't the enemies swarm you when you're fighting a huge group of them, for example?) But now, I'm still trying to make sense of the ending.

A quick spoiler warning here, this is about some hidden messages in the game.

I checked Wikipedia and someone decoded a few messages there: "They Drained My Soul And Made It Theirs I Drain My Body To Show Where I Saw It" was one, another was "Artefacts Sent To The Skies To Control All Nations To Make Us Obey A Hidden Crusade Does Not Help Them", and "The Eagle And The Apple-1191". There was also the Lorenz Attractor, the Eye of Providence and the referance to Relevations 22:13, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the begginning and the end," as well as the end of the 13th Mayan age on December 21st, 2012.

I understand that in an e-mail there were referances to the Holy Grail, the Philadelphia Experiment, the Tunguska Incident and F. A. Mitchells.

I don't understand exactly what it all means-the bible passage and the end of the mayan age are, of course, about the end of the world. The Eagle and the Apple 1191 are pretty obvious, and so are the "Artefacts sent to the skies to control all nations." "It" was probably a referance to the artefacts. The Philadelphia Experiment and the Tunguska Incident are refferred to as the results of searching for the artifacts. But who was "I"? An assassin? And what is with the referance to F. A. Mitchells, the Lorenz Attractor, and the Eye of Providence?

Like I said, I'm still trying to make sense of it all, but I eagerly await sequals...
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Raptor Llama » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:21 pm

I saw this game being played on the X-BOX 260 by my friend's brother's friend. It was quite cool, and eventually he went into modern times for something. It looked fun to shun people with you're arms, :twisted:
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Anaclagon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:08 am

I beat the game in 2 days, around that but I love the game. Fighting gameplay is amazing along with everything else. It was great, 10/10 for me. Still Im suprised Ign gave assassins creed a lesser rating then ACE combat 6. Is AC6 really that good? like actually better then assassins creed

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Return to General Games