Halo 3

Video game reviews and discussion.

Halo 3

Postby Legendary Elite » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:51 am

Yes, the all-time favourite for every 360 lover like me. Halo 3 is indeed one of the best FPS games on the 360. Especially when I've played the other halo games so recognizing the story isn't so bad especially if you've played Halo 1 and 2. It might be harder however for those who aren't familiar with the series. But the Campaign itself is good. It is highly addictive especially with online co-op for the first time. Though it's good, it does leave a lot of characters on the outside such as the Arbiter in which he and his species is hardly included considering the war started with them in the first place. It was all about 95% revolving around Master Chief like in Halo 1. Still, it does not however make things repetitive. You go through different environments in each level to lead the fight to save Mankind against an alien species and finally against a creature the aliens fear themselves.

Multiplayer however takes the biggest leap this time with endless options and Forge Mode along with the Theater Mode make the game one that is worth buying. Forge Mode allows you to remake the map to your own way (not fully reconstruct it from bottom up but add things into the map exclusively). The maps are also well designed with lighting effects done extremely well. New weapons including a couple of old favourites come back to the trilogy. New vehicles also come as well. Some weapons have also had new modifications to them. Theater Mode allows you to look at the game at every angle possible. And helps for those who love making movies of Halo called Machinima. Halo 3 is one worth years of fun playing again and again. Especially with Xbox Live.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby mega raptor » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:25 pm

I got this game for Christmas, but Assassin's Creed and BioShock were more important to me, so I didn't play it for a while and only beat it a few weeks ago.

I thought it was fun and challenging, but the last level bugged the bloody hell out of me-the whole level seemed pretty anti-climactic (as much as I thought the Warthog ride was fun). It was the last level of what was perhaps the most anticipated game in video game history, and I expected a massive battle-something like navigating across a battle to stop the Gravemind from getting back to earth. But what do I get instead? A shoot-out with a little floating ball followed by a bit of shooting and a Warthog ride. Oh joy.

Multiplayer, I haven't really experimented with, but the one time I did play it I found fun. Sandtrap is such a fun level, and me and a few of my friends had some fun with sniper rifles and that levels wind turbines-we'd try to snipe each other out as we went up and down. I was pretty new to the game, and as such I suffered a lot of snipes, but I had a great time nonetheless. I need to get my 360 online and try out Forge and some of the other maps and game types before I can really give an opinion on the multiplayer part of the game though.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:23 am

Yes, if you can get on Xbox Live then I'm sure you'll find yourself doing a nice fine review of Multiplayer. Try Zombies, it's a riot practically! But only when you have Xbox Live.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Return to General Games