Spore

Video game reviews and discussion.

Postby raptor titanus3 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:48 pm

Hey everyone I think we should turn this into a list of names rpgtopia players use in spore and what they'll name their planets, so that way we can trade each others creatures or pester them with your own. As long as you don't completely distroy each other in the prosess, I think it'll be great. My Spore name is Dr. Genisis and I plan to call my planet (if the option is availible) Tibros.
Last edited by raptor titanus3 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Nobody is going to attack Planet Ragnarok and its habitants! D<
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:10 pm

both names added to my hitlist...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Zephyr » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:42 pm

i'm, smarter tahn that

guess which planet is mind

Zephyria, Firasca, Avalon, Asgard
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:50 am

The Kingpin wrote:both names added to my hitlist...

Darn you, KP! Darn you... :P
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby raptor titanus3 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:24 pm

No more talk of spore, I'm surprised. The game came out a day and a half ago in the U.S. and still nobodys talking about it. I wouldv'e thought that someone got it and wanted to say somthing about it! I got mine yesterday and I've already made it to the Space Age twice! Anyone got astory to tell go ahead and tell it!
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:58 pm

well for starts, some of us don't have Spore yet for some reason [in my case, my order hasn't been shipped in from the UK yet] and would preffer not to be teased with it. for another thing, several people are probably having a blast actually PLAYING IT and having too much fun to stop, come out, and TALK about it...and that's just a few examples...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:55 pm

raptor titanus3 wrote:No more talk of spore, I'm surprised. The game came out a day and a half ago in the U.S. and still nobodys talking about it. I wouldv'e thought that someone got it and wanted to say somthing about it! I got mine yesterday and I've already made it to the Space Age twice! Anyone got astory to tell go ahead and tell it!

I, along with others I'd assume, are too busy PLAYING Spore to talk about it, as KP said.

My most successful game is the Quizzletar (AKA Bird giraffe people), and I'm far into the space phase. So if you see Quizzletar, don't kill them D:
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:29 pm

i dunno about everyone else, but i'm making a joint RPGT Alliance between my creatures, Doc's, TT's and whoever elses i deem....worthy :P ....then march on to destroy whatever i deem NOT worthy :twisted:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:11 am

SCREENSHOTS!

Found some T-rexes and added them to one of my colony planets...they dun like me D:

Cell Phase:

MINI-CRUSHER!!

(Better version in production).

Yay for better version!

TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:09 pm

I, along with others I'd assume, are too busy PLAYING Spore to talk about it, as KP said.

My most successful game is the Quizzletar (AKA Bird giraffe people), and I'm far into the space phase. So if you see Quizzletar, don't kill them D:

You mean the dudes I abducted and used as missiles to fire at enemy spaceships?

:P

I'll post some screenies of my game earlier.
The Skyveren will errr peck you to death!

(my Screen name is Doc_42 if anyone wants to add me as a buddy)
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby raptor titanus3 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:48 pm

I meant no offence to anybody. Sorry about that, I thought that maybe this could resurected if I posted here and seems to have worked. Anyway I'm having a tough time with one of my star fairing speices. Some religious nut job cows keep trying to tax me, and if I don't they blow up my most profitable colonys to bits. :evil:
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:57 pm

that's why, when i get Spore [either tomorrow or the day after depending on when the shipment leaves/has left the UK], i'm gonna make sure i keep my planets as well protected as i possibly can. before i leave the Civilization Stage, i'm going to turn my home planet into a full scale military base. have weapons all over the place...

my creature's appearance, i haven't decided on yet. it may end up being a race of Crushers, or Dragons, or perhaps some ridiculous looking creature that has no relation whatsoever to my other ventures. my starship is going to be as close as i can possibly get to my character Serephir's flagship, the H.V.M.S. Executioner...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Lolburst » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:23 pm

The Kingpin wrote:that's why, when i get Spore [either tomorrow or the day after depending on when the shipment leaves/has left the UK], i'm gonna make sure i keep my planets as well protected as i possibly can. before i leave the Civilization Stage, i'm going to turn my home planet into a full scale military base. have weapons all over the place...

my creature's appearance, i haven't decided on yet. it may end up being a race of Crushers, or Dragons, or perhaps some ridiculous looking creature that has no relation whatsoever to my other ventures. my starship is going to be as close as i can possibly get to my character Serephir's flagship, the H.V.M.S. Executioner...

Sadly, you can only make auxiliary one. You can't scretch the space where you make your creatures or ships, so you just put it as close you can. Yes, there is a triangle.
I might be wrong, though. I have the game, but I just made a simple saucer with all kinds of decorations. I'll picture it later.
Lolburst
Worm
Worm

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:40 pm

as i said, i'll make them as accurately as i can. size doesn't matter to me. accuracy in appearance is more important. as for the Executioner [which, i'm assuming you've seen in my art topic if you know it's appearance], i've seen several objects hinting that it is indeed possible. but how accurately i can pull it off really depends on what there is to use in there, and what limitations i may have...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:28 pm

The HMVS would be a cinch to make.

Personally, I feel the space ship editor is one of the most powerful ones.
Gona install fraps on this computer and have a race with TT later today. Gona record as much as I can in terms of pics, maybe even a few videos.

And Kp, lots and lots of defences? Naive little kp... Naive little kp :P

Best way to keep your home world safe is by annhilateing everyone around it. If a species so much as mentions Spode near me I instantly declare war. (I have a bunch of allies in the form of economical lackeys, who are handy in a brawl)
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby mega raptor » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:09 am

Pulled myself away from Spore for a few moments, just wanted to say-I like the game so far, but I haven't gotten far into the space phase-either the game crashes and Spore's lack of autosaves sets me back several hours or another idea comes up in my head (latest thought-tripods) and I start up a new game.

So far, the game is pretty fun-it's great, nurturing your little cell into an interstellar race and looking back via the timeline on it all. Still, though, the game does has its problems. Cell phase is good, but I still find myself wishing that I had the chance to play around with some of the other cell parts as well. Creature phase, I like, but I find it a bit repetitive over time.

Tribal phase, in my experience, is the worst of the five-it's simplistic and shallow, and I find myself wishing I could do just a bit more: edit huts, maybe, or some sort of quest other than just 'wipe out/ally tribes', maybe have the chieftain offer quests for young tribe members to prove themselves by hunting something or making a pilgrimage to some far-off mountain. Just something more involved would have been nice.

After that, Civ phase is my favorite so far-there's none of those annoying pirates raiding your colony every time you leave or angry warrior race threatening to annihilate your entire society if you don't hand over a million billion dollars. It's just a fun little romp across your planet as you seek global domination. Generally, though, I find that after I get planes it becomes incredibly broken and I can stomp all over all the other developing nations all across the planet.

Space phase, as I've mentioned, I haven't gotten too far into-usually, by the time I make my starting quadrant/area/whatever free of all the aforementioned psychotic trigger-happy militaristic societies, the game tends to crash or my computer overheats or somesuch. Oh, and the pirates.

The god-damned pirates. They're good in theory, I suppose-a little chore to keep the player's targeting skills sharp. However, they tend to get... Not fun when you're in the middle of leading your alliance fleet on a mission to conquer an enemy homeworld and suddenly, three or four transmissions from various colonies pop up informing you that two or three colonies are being raided and apparently you're the only starship in the entire damn galaxy capable of defeating people so incompetent they can barely steal giant, brightly-colored crates until they've circled the planet two or three dozen times.

My... whining and ranting aside, I'm registered under the username ProudCynic on Sporepedia, so for anyone interested in viewing mine or my little brother's monstrosities, that's where they'll be.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:28 am

Speaking of Tripods...

My perfect blend of the Pope-Mobile and a War of the Worlds Tripod:

The Walrus People that whipped Doc in a race to the Space Phase:
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:34 am

Lack of autosaves really annoy me, but the space phase has a fairly short learning curve. Sure, you cant fly 4 meters without some random alien declareing the war of spodeification on you but after awhile you get the hang of fighting these dudes off. I mean, I havn't resorted to paying of an enemy yet. Much more effective to pay an ally to attack an then join in the fight. The pirates are indeed annoying, but they are amazingly weak, often even mediocre defences can keep them at bay untill you find time to return.

I usually go around trading and doing odd jobs untill I have built up a good network of contacts and coloneys so that I can constantly have cash flowing through from selling spice. Once you have some money its a simple matter of upgradeing your weapons and getting some bombs before you are off droping some Splode on the spode lovers
(NEWS FLASH: apparently puns aren't funny)
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Lolburst » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Protip: Blow every empire into pieces that worships Spode, if they ask for money.
Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:The Walrus People that whipped Doc in a race to the Space Phase:

Tophat. Every citizen must have it. And it's the truth, actually. Some of creatures with tophats look absolutely astounding if they have bugmouths.
Lolburst
Worm
Worm

PreviousNext

Return to General Games