Turok

Video game reviews and discussion.

Turok

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:45 am

The place to discuss Turok or any of the Turok Games, feel free. Warning: Spoilers may be discussed here so feel free to look at your own peril, you have been warned.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:47 am

Awesome game, definately a buy if you like horror, shooting, or dinosaur games.

Favorite Weapon: Knife
Favorite Enemy: Probably the Raptors
Most hated Enemy: Trex...too fricken hard to hurt...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:49 am

my favorite weapon of turok:evolution is the swarm bore. i just laugh at what it does to those slegs.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:10 am

My favourite in Turok Evolution was the Dark Matter Cube and the Nuke attatchment for the Rocket Launcher, that thing was deadly. Dark Matter Cube would suck you straight in whereas Nuke Attatchment would send straight to the land of Narnia. Oh and the Mingun was cool. Making enemies think you had a pitiful rifle until you pressed the L Trigger and the Minigun came out at the side they'd be like "s***t!" Oh and the Poison Arrows in the Tek Bow, that was a laugh watching the slegs spew their own garbage up everywhere.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Raptor Llama » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Once I wanted to buy it a long long time ago (I mean many years ago, when finding nemo was a new movie), but my mom made me get something else because it was rated M and had the word evalution in it (it was only a video game!) :cry:

But, i've heard of it, and it looks interesting. 1rst person shooter, blood and gore ( :D ) and looks like good graphics. But, is it anything like the king kong game? (I really liked that game!) Both have dinosaurs and naitives!
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:16 pm

it's WAY better than King Kong [that sucked in my opinion]...but this is the NEW Turok we're talking about. not Evolution...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:38 pm

KP I did say you could talk about the other games too.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:03 am

Downloading the map pack ATM. Velociraptor Map Pack, is the full name, which includes 2 Co-Op maps, and 4 multiplayer maps. 2 of the multiplayer maps are brand new, and one contains Dilophosaurus, and possibly other dinos (On Wikipedia they say "Large dinosaurs", so I dunno. Definately not Trex, I assure you). The other two maps are re-designs popular current maps, but they take place at night, which adds to the gameplay (They say raptors are a larger threat at night then during the day).

The re-designed maps are "Inconclusive Tests", which is a re-design of "Testing Grounds", and "A Rivalry Continues", which is a re-design of "A Heated Rivalry".

The new maps are "Desolation" and "Sentinel".

Wikipedia Information On "Desolation":
A brand new swamp-based map where simple structures are set up alongside a rock cliff to allow helicopters and transports into the area to bring in supplies. There are many hiding spots on this multi-level map which enables numerous quiet kill opportunities.

Wikipedia Information On "A Rivalry Continues":
Another new multiplayer map and one of the largest Turok maps to date. The setting takes place at the top of a mountain around one of Kane's orbital defense arrays—the very base that shot down the Whiskey Company ship from orbit in the single-player campaign. Also, the presence of a few large dinosaurs on the map can make things very interesting during multiplayer combat.

So hopefully we see maybe a new dino? Or a few Lurkers? All I know is Dilophosaurus is included in one.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Legendary Elite » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:20 am

I too downloaded the map pack but aint checked it out yet, I definately will this weekend though (I also downloaded the new content for Mass Effect so I had a look at that), I guarantee it! Finally the Dilos stomps his way into a MP map, and believe me, I know the hell they give you in Single Player. Trust me, NEVER GET CORNERED BY A DILOS! That will result in the death of you especially when they knock you down and throw you down like a stick a second later. That really p*sses me off.

I am hoping the Lurkers are coming, those would do great. You'd only need like 10 or more and you already got yourself enough problems to deal with. As for "large Dinosaurs", my biggest guesses are the Parasaurs and the Dilos considering they are the largest dinosaurs that are killable in Turok (aside from T-Rex and Giganotosaurus) and that Apatosaurus and Pterandon (who is only seen in one map) is seen moving in the background so though it could be a herd of Apatosaurs (seeing them UP CLOSE in MP would be THE BLOODY S***!) I doubt it and I reckon it's a Dilophosaurus or my other answer is it is a dino NOT IN CAMPAIGN. Now that would be great because it adds newer material to the game so maybe something like Carnotaurus or Allosaurus would be good.

Now Giganotosaurus in multiplayer would be great, 1. He's one mean, bad boy SOB from hell. 2. He can't be killed. So whilst fighting your opponent you have other...problems to "tackle" with. Another idea would be another Rex, only this is the mate of Mama Scarface, so yes, the DADDY. Oh yeah perfect name: Big Daddy.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Return to General Games