Super Smash Brawl

Video game reviews and discussion.

Super Smash Brawl

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:39 am

Discussion thread on what could very well be one of the greatest games to come to the Nintendo Wii. It is a series that is about as legendary as the Halo series and Resident Evil. Possibly the best fighting game you could get for this platform.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:21 pm

You forgot the "Bros." in Super Smash Bros...:P
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Yeah so what? Is that really relevant Stallo? No it's not.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Don't have to get serious...
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:35 pm

Look, anyway what are you expecting in the game?
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:39 pm

I was hoping for Ridley to be playable.
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Ridley is in the game, but not as an unlockable character. I won't spoil it (I saw an entire walkthrough for Adventure Mode on Youtube).
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:03 pm

Thanks for the tip [rushes off to Youtube to find it]
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:56 am

I was hoping for Ridley aswell :(

But at least they kept C. Falcon!

FALCON PUNCH!

...Sorry, I had to. But ya, so far, C. Falcon is my favorite. It was stupid replacing MewTwo, the only, IMO, cool pokemon in existance, with a fricken ninja dog -_-

And Grayfox should've been playable!! -_-'
TyrannoTitan

Postby Legendary Elite » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 am

Yeah, Mewtwo was replaced with Lucario. As much as I hate this as you do, there are a number of reasons:

1. Mewtwo was very off balanced. In other words his statistics did not match. He had excellant attack power but was very weak to close-up attacks.

2. Lucario is the latest representative of the Pokemon Games (aside from Pikachu and Jigglypuff) considering Diamond and Pearl are the latest versions out.

3. Lucario might be a different type to Mewtwo (I'm not too familiar with the Sinnoh pokemon, only from Kanto-Hoenn, including Johto) because Mewtwo is a Psychic and Lucario is a Fighting/Steel type. However, Lucario has the power of Aura which most of his attacks revolve around. And a number of his attacks are similiar to Mewtwo's as well.

Now imagine if let's say we put these two into Brawl, they'd look too identical to one another considering they are both humanoid in appearance. People who aren't too familiar with Pokemon will think they are clones of each othere and in a way, that is necessarily the case here.

Though it is tragic for Mewtwo to be leaving the series along with Roy, they have been replaced for the better I might say. Although Mewtwo would've been great as a villain in the Subspace Embissary (there are also Bowser and Ganon who are also on the evil side along with Master and Crazy Hand but there is more to it, there is an even darker force behind everything).

The pokemon characters have always been my favourite overall. I guess adapting to Lucario will not be so bad. Plus his attacks are much more accurate and just as strong (remember Mewtwo's shadow ball was very hard to get an accurate shot with, Lucario's Aura Blast is much more accurate, and can also perform well at close range too).

I reckon Pokemon Trainer is gonna be awesome, especially now that we finally get to use CHARIZARD!!!! :twisted: The one that we had to summon from Poke-Balls in the first and second games, is finally controllable. That is so awesome!

My only hope is that they make a 4th game.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Zephyr » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:35 pm

my best character ever: Roy
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:46 am

SSBB is amazing, as I said in Random Topic.

My favorite characters are:

-Snake
-Meta Knight
-Captain Falcon
-Samus
-Pikachu (I have to admit; I'm really good using him)
-Luigi

Almost finished with The Subspace Emissary.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:23 pm

Oh and yes, spoilers can be discussed here so feel free to view this topic at YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Ok well I'm sorry Zephyr but Roy isn't in Brawl. He's replaced by Ike because Ike like Roy is based more in strength than speed but also his attacks are more effective whereas Marth (who is in Brawl with the same attacks and stats as in Melee). And as much as I like Roy and all, Ike can throw a freaking longsword! Not only that but use a Longsword in just one hand. That takes skillz! Skillz FTW! :lol: Plus Ike's final smash, Great Aether is ownage! :D

And plus the creators were trying to eliminate clone characters although I wish I could say that for Fox because he has two clones (Falco and Wolf O'Donnel) with different stats but the same attacks even though Wolf's attacks are performed differently. Fox is in between Falco and Wolf and is balanced. Falco's more into speed and his Landmaster (yes, the three of them have THE EXACT SAME FREAKING FINAL SMASH WTF!?) can hover much more in the air. Wolf's based into strength (he does have a unique moveset but they are the same in how they are performed like the other two) and his Landmaster is more in firepower.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Return to General Games