FABLE II

Video game reviews and discussion.

FABLE II

Postby raptor titanus3 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:18 am

Fable II is out and it's awsome. It's alot more open and free and it's got a great overhaul with graphics and in body effects, reaction timing, and improved AI responses to everything around them and whats happening to them! I've already completed the story line but it's still a great game with advancements to gameplay effects. You don't have as many forms of will attacks but the popular spells have been melded together, take for instance the fireball spell, whenyou just simply charge it up and release it it the spell will spread out in a wave till' it runs out of power. If you target an opponent and release it will hit that indivigual only and will be launched as an actual fireball and if powerful enough it will knock opponents off their feet. You don't have a mana bar like before so you can't run out of energy preforming magic. melee hasn't improved much except a counter attack against enemys. You no longer have bows but you still have crossbows, bows have been replaced with guns (only pistols, rifles, blunderbuss', light, heavy, and repating crossbows) but there are three different firing types; Flintlock, Turret, and Clockwork (Guns only). Flintlock is obviously single-shot though it doesn't take long to reload actually (1.0) milsec. with most types. Flintlock does the most damage and is the most accurate. Turret weapons are mainly Flintlock with multipule firing barrels though they do not fire like a minigun more like a shotgun where you have to manualy shift the next barrel into position though it means you can fire more often early on in the game. They do less damage and are less accurate though as quickly to reload as a Flintlock weapon. Clockwork guns work much like a machine gun of today though the most bullets one can have in a clip is 6 shot (as in the little round balls in a flintlock weapon). Clockwork gun do the least damage and are the least acuarate plus they usually appear much later in the game and are very expensive. Unlike the first game there are less towns and most the old towns have changed into citys like bowerstone and twinblades camp into bloodstone or have been destoyed by time, dark forces, or nature itself. Oakvale has been distroyed and turned into a haunting ground by soul stealing wraiths, and shadowey monsters. Magic is only seen by few and used by only you, your greatest enemy, and two mages, one from the past and an old friend of the enemy who joins your side once you convince him to. Also unlike the old game you have to use some of the experience you gain from defeating foes to teach youself abilities old and new. Things like blocking attacks, rolling away from danger, aiming your ranged weapon, preforming shield breacking florishes, increasing your health, and gaining or improving will attacks.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Anaclagon » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:09 am

Game's beast..I wanted like Knight Armor and to have like a Two Handed sword but yeah...

if anything else

Too bad I never got my happy ending, I want to live en mi castle with my fair lady and have children but that all changed as my wife got lost en mi castle

but oh well, im still happy in bloodstone mansion

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby Spiketopus ಠ,ಠ » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Looks like this game is gonna rock and roll!
Spiketopus ಠ,ಠ
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Return to General Games