Final Fantasy

Video game reviews and discussion.

Postby o-eternal-o » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:54 pm

didn't understand what you said. Read it 5 times, then laughed. Then realised it wasn't that funny :P

What do you think about the approach ff9 had? Different from the rest. A more, traditional, 'ye olde' fantasy, IMO.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Peter the Reaper » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:48 pm

didn't understand what you said. Read it 5 times, then laughed. Then realised it wasn't that funny

Congratulations, you re officially one degree above a blonde.

What do you think about the approach ff9 had? Different from the rest. A more, traditional, 'ye olde' fantasy, IMO.

To tell the truth, FFIX wasn't all I had in mind... shibi-thingy characters, son goku... only good thing was that wizard... yeah, I didn't like it :P
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby o-eternal-o » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:07 pm

Hey! Actually i'm used to being called a dopey blonde. I'm apparantly really clever with my academic studies, but when it comes to common sense, i lack really badly....

No, i didn't really like it either. I thought the storyline was quite good though. Zidane wasn't that good as a main charater either in my opnion. They tried to remake ff7's love trinagle with Zidane, Garnet/Dagger and Eiko. Didn't work at all.

I didn't like Freya either. What actually was she? a Rat?
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Peter the Reaper » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:28 pm

eternal_rocker_chick wrote:Hey! Actually i'm used to being called a dopey blonde. I'm apparantly really clever with my academic studies, but when it comes to common sense, i lack really badly....

Sagi's tend to overlook the obvious...
No, i didn't really like it either. I thought the storyline was quite good though. Zidane wasn't that good as a main charater either in my opnion. They tried to remake ff7's love trinagle with Zidane, Garnet/Dagger and Eiko. Didn't work at all.

And now, they are milking FFVII a little more with Dirge of Cerberus and the (rumored) FFVII about Zach...
I didn't like Freya either. What actually was she? a Rat?

Uhh... a fugly creature :P
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby o-eternal-o » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:04 pm

And now, they are milking FFVII a little more with Dirge of Cerberus and the (rumored) FFVII about Zach...

I know, i've heard about that. It's an action game isn't it? Bet you it will be a flop. Square-enix should stick to RPG's. The main reason why final fantasy hasn't died out IMO, is because of the rebirth of different characters each game. Different characters, different storyline and different setting. But you can tell they're all final fantasties.

Uhh... a fugly creature

lol
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Peter the Reaper » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:54 pm

eternal_rocker_chick wrote:I know, i've heard about that. It's an action game isn't it? Bet you it will be a flop. Square-enix should stick to RPG's.

Yah, it is. Focused on Vincent, whom, apparently (I've not yet played that game) can transform into... a.... vampire... :?
The main reason why final fantasy hasn't died out IMO, is because of the rebirth of different characters each game.
Different characters, different storyline and different setting. But you can tell they're all final fantasties.

rebirth of different characters? ...contradiction... :P But yeah, I agree with you.
That really is something that attracts me to FF... Sadly, they think that milking FFVII is a good idea... I mean, a remake for the PS3 would've been awesome, but that's it. FFVII: AC is a movie, so it doesn't count, besides the action scenes are breath-taking!
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:38 pm

Err I never really liked Final Fantasy cause I hate turn based RPGs.
TyrannoTitan

Previous

Return to General Games