What game genres do you like?

Video game reviews and discussion.

What game genres do you like?

Postby o-eternal-o » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:15 pm

Okay, first i wanna say hi to everyone, and thank you to the kingpin for inviting me to this site. The name of this topic says it all, so tell me what you think!

I mainly like RPGs, i'm a massive final fantasy fan,
I also like the metal gear solid series cuz they kick ***!!
Tekken is my favourite fighter
*hangs head in shame* i also kinda have the sims bug.... (take the mic as much as you wish...)
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:40 pm

I love RPGs,RTSs,and Sims.My favorite game is an RPG.Like I keep saying.World of Warcraft.I think JPOG and ZT2 are sims too.Not sure but I like them kind of games too.Glad to see people coming to the site.I was also from MG.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:51 am

Rpg's like PotC,Fps,Tps,sport games,... exually any gerne exept horror survivals
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:44 pm

lol, whats wrong with survival horrors? i actually like them, especially silent hill and the EARLIER resident evils...
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:31 pm

Whats wrong with the newest RE game?I think Resident Evil 4 is really good.And kind of scary.
TyrannoTitan

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:38 pm

i suppose resi evil 4 is alright. I was mainly talking about the outbreak spin offs and code veronica.

I haven't really played resi 4 enough to get into it. I kept getting my head cut off by the chainsaw man...
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:45 pm

LOL :lol: ! just run past him/her to the next area. thet're slow so you can get away, as long as you don't waste time on the other zombies. or you could use a shotgun on him if you bought one [i think you start with one, but i can't remember]. i'm with you on that

my favourite genres are: simulations [ zoo tycoon, microsoft flight sim, combat flight sim, Jurassic Park: Operaton Genesis]
FPS [doom III, Medal of Honour, Mortyr II....etc]
racing [NFS: Underground 2, NFS: Most Wanted...etc]
Action Adventure [Jaws Unleashed (when it is released)]
Last edited by The Kingpin on Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:54 pm

i only had a quick go! don't be mean, LOL. I kept running around on that bit and the villagers weren't going in the temple thing (i didn't know that you had to kill a certain number of them then) so i ran in a building and i ran upstairs and they kept coming in thorugh the windows. I tried to knock most of the ladders down but they got through so i ran downstairs got cornered and the chainsaw man cut my head off. I would have shot him but i wasted all my ammo killing those stupid crows at the start, because it was fun :)

Anyway, a game i forgot was a game you've gotta all love. (Well the first, second and third one anyway. Legend is quite good though) TOMB RAIDER!!!! I really want them to remake tomb raider 1 for the ps3. But not changing it and messing it up. Keep it exactley the same with amazing graphics. I think it'll sell like crazy :wink:
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:25 pm

actually i think its quite boring i rather play advent rising or Prince of Persia
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:35 pm

Now prince of persia, thats a good game. But i've only played the first one. (which kicked ***!!! the secret word: Kakalukiam) but i wanna play the rest
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:39 pm

first 1 ? you mean the sands of time actually thats the fith 1 :P
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:48 pm

I meant of the new series. 5th one? I only know of 2 before the sands of time. The original one on the nes. (the one where you had to complete the game within an hour. God that annoyed me) Which was re-released on the mega-cd with FMV bolted on. Then the other day actually, i found a prince of persia in a games shop called prince of persia 3d for the pc. i'd never heard of it before So they're the only ones i know of.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:57 pm

but there are always peeps who reproduct them
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Grahamcracker » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:03 am

i like FPS, 3rdPS, action adventure(such as the Jak trilogy and Ratchet and Clank), RPGs, RTS(such as Homeworld1 and 2 and empire earth), and i also shamefully have the sim bug, on top of that i'll play anything thats not CRAP
Grahamcracker

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:11 am

:lol: :lol:
the Sims are addictive, but not unavoidable....

anyway, i forgot one game genre. RPGs. examples on my favourites are: Pirates of the Caribbean [the game], and Age of Pirates [when i finally get my hands on it...]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:36 pm

Yeah the sims are addivtive. I'm in process of buying everyone of the expansion packs for the pc. I've nearly finished, only Vacation and SuperStar to go. I used to play them everyday, i wiould never leave them alone!

Then, i found out JPOG, played it for a bit, then started looking for a modding site for it, found MG, started modding........ etc etc

Since then, i haven't played the sims once! :cry:
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:00 pm

you've finally found a cure! YAY! :lol:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Return to General Games