Bullfighting...

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Bullfighting...

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Spain calls itself a civilized country, yet it still has crap like this going on. Bullfighting needs to be outlawed, it has no place in today's society.
Thoughts?

PLEASE sign the official petition to ban it here.
They need 50,000 signatures by the 7th next month, they're at about 42,000.

A few examples of what really goes on in the ring
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG-mD6J6zTI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4X_RDGHrBc
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:55 pm

I agree. Matators are no better than gladiators- fighting creatures for entertainment. This belongs in tha past.

Oh, and does it cost money and do they mail stuff? If so, I can't sign it.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:59 pm

Nah, it's completely free.

Also, at least in the gladiators' case, the odds were stacked against him. Here it's the matador and like 12 picadors against one, possible drugged bull.
And if the matador gets the tiniest scratch, they'll be carrying him away on a stretcher, while the bull is poisoned or bleeds to death, and gets disemboweled while still alive.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:01 am

Sad face. :(
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:05 am

Oh, and they dont mail stuff if you uncheck the box for email/send stuff.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:06 am

Okay. I signed it.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:08 am

Thanks.
8,000 left to go Q.Q
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:58 am

What's the difference between allowing a culture to enjoy bullfighting and eating a burger?

Well, it's the difference between allowing someone to run a scared animal through with a sword, giving it a horrible and painful death and between supporting a company which breeds an animal, fattens it, electrocutes it, slits its throat, then sells it.

It should be noted that as painful as stunning by electric shock is, in the majority of cases, that step is bypassed and the animal has it's jugular vein and cateroid artery slit while it is still alive.
Infact, some laws require the animal to be completely sensible.

I believe the difference amounts to allowing 1 animal to be painfully killed and supporting the painful killing of hundreds of thousands more.

Unless, your a vegetarian, you have no right to complain about bullfighting IMO.
If you are a vegetarian, then by all means, fight the power. I respect your determination and resolve.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:04 am

I'm not a vegetarian, but I do mostly stick to seafood.
The few times I do eat a burger, it's not from fast food, it's organic meat that's come from free grazing cows, so yeah.

Believe me, I know what happens in those slaugherhouses, but to support the banning of one doesnt mean I have to be for the other.

I think both are horrible, and should be stopped. It's just that I havent seen a chance like this petition to (try to) stop the slaughterhouse treatment, and most likely wont for a while. The companies that run them are just too big and powerful.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:22 am

It really has to do with the reasoning behind it. As nasty as slaughterhouses are, they DO have regulations, and (At least in the civilized parts of the world) the killing of the cows isn't actually that brutal. Sure there are some who bypass a lot of sh*t, but its not something totally accepted.

But that's besides the point. The point is: Burgers are for food, bullfighting is for entertainment. Some may argue that burgers are not necessary, and they aren't, but these cattle are spread specifically for consumption, and food is definitely a better reason then "its fun to watch animals suffer".

Not to mention, the slaughtering of cattle is behind closed doors. Most people stay ignorant of the truth, because of how unpleasant it is. Bullfighting is something people go to see and enjoy. Its f*cking sadistic.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:33 am

Again though, what gives us the right to judge them?
We don't have to watch the bull being killed, the same way someone else doesn't have to support meat products.
We call them sadistic, they call us greedy or something, life goes on. At least the bull gets to fight before it's killed.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:39 am

But it's not like you can just say "if you don't like it, don't watch it" the way you're doing Doc.
The animal suffers a horrible torture til death, whether we watch and support it or not.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:41 am

There's a difference between eating it and just killing it to me.

Kill it how you want as long as you put it to good use. If not, I call it murder.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:42 am

It's murder regardless. The act of deliberately ending its life is murder.
and for all practical purposes, I'm sure they do eat some of the bulls they kill for bullfighting, but that's really besides the point.
Saying you're eating it doesn't justify giving an innocent creature, that cant really even stand up for itself, a crap life and a worse death.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby C S » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:45 am

so all the fish and other sea food you eat

congrats, your supporting the catching and killing of them

killing is a part of life. Animals do it to live. Some of us do it for fun. :/
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:54 am

Are you f*cking serious...?

I never said anything at all against the killing of the animals, slaugherhouse or bullfight.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:55 am

the fun part's what I dislike.

Kill it and eat it. That's it. Don't entertain yourself with it, then your'e no better than a murderer.

or that's how I see it.

EE: Souds like a hypocrite to me. :wink:

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:59 am

CS is right. Killing IS a part of life. Be it for food, money, entertainment, whatever...killing goes on all the time. A lion takes down a buffalo, a cat pounces on a mouse, a slaughterhouse turns a cow into a burger. It's the same basic principle, if not on the same scale.

Some people just want to get their entertainment. I'm not defending what they do to the bulls, nor do I support it, but if you look at it like baseball or football, it's a game. A source of income, for those higher-ups, and a good adrenaline-pumping fight for the crowds who watch it.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:59 am

1) That's the thing. In neither scenario do they simply behead it and eat it.

2) Really now? Explain how I'm being hypocritical.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:03 am

@ EE:
I never said anything at all against the killing of the animals, slaugherhouse or bullfight.

Doesn't that defeat the point of this thread?

HF: I've got the same problem with boxing, UFC, and all those fighting things- bash your brains out when you're actually in danger. Not for a bunch of drunks who a looking for some carnage and are too lazy to watch a movie.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Next

Return to Off-Topic