Pokemon Writer dies at 61

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Pokemon Writer dies at 61

Postby HorseGal » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:45 pm

Yesterday, Pokémon writer Takeshi Shudo was rushed to the hospital after suffering a hemorrhage and collapsing at Nara Station. He has since passed away. Shudo was 61 years-old.

Shudo created TV anime Fairy Princess Minky Momo and worked on various anime through the 80s and 90s. He became the chief writer for the original Pokémon television series and went on to write the first three Pocket Monsters feature films

http://kotaku.com/5676457/pokmon-writer-61-dies

This news is sad to here. Pokemon was a good part of my childhood. Rest in peace, Takeshi Shudo.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Re: Pokemon Writer dies at 61

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Rest in peace, Takeshi...

The original Anime series and the 1st three movies were far better than what we have now... Shudo had made Pokemon into a very great series, yet oncethe series went into other hands, it decayed into something for little children only...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:29 pm

We've lost another great man. RIP Takeshi...old Pokemon will forever be known as better than the crappy excuse for a show under the same name we have now.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Godzilla Forever » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:46 pm

Great, first Akira Ifukube, and now this! *cries before sitting in a corner, muttering to self*
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Sheriff Hoyt » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:45 am

Despite what the series has become now, it was still a big part of my childhood.

Rest in peace. :(
Sheriff Hoyt
Mosquito
Mosquito

Return to Off-Topic