Random Topic V3

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Re: Random Topic V3

Postby C S » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:07 am

"CS is off doing his own thing atm and honestly, writes at a pace I no longer have the energy to keep up with consistently."

While these two events are not related to each other, I stopped enjoying collaborative writing and around the time that I stopped writing, period, I joined the military. A year later after completing training I got asked to revisit FRPG. I gave it an honest try and was satisfied with the effort and let it rest where it ended. Then I challenged myself to see if I didn't lose my ability outright by redoing the whole story to be more in line with what TT envisioned all those years ago, with adjustments based on his own reevaluation of the RPG's execution. Insofar it appears that I haven't.

Currently content with going through TT's folder of things that will never happen™ and making them happen.

And as for writing a lot and too fast I suggest listening to the Hamilton soundtrack. It's a story that spoke to me.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Hopeflower » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:50 am

All I have to say about that is not all of us were necessary to advancing the plot or enjoying the way FRPG's story was going by the time it died. But we had a good run regardless. I wouldn't have stayed as interested in writing as I have without the site, and the only regrets I have are related to being an idiot kid with no idea about how pacing or good storytelling worked.

Unrelated, happy new year to anyone still lurking!
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Dinosaur1993! » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:43 am

I know I’m a month late, but Happy New Year!
Dinosaur1993!
Worm
Worm

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:33 am

Happy Zombie Jesus day! May the flesh you eat this day be as fresh as possible.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:14 am

Hey, Lurkers gonna lurk.

Little bit more lively in here than usual.

I stopped writing after I started making games. I tried to do both for a while, but it was really hard, I found game programming scratched the same creative itch I used to sooth with writing, so I just didn't have the creative energy left over to write.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Sun May 10, 2020 2:07 pm

Oh lawd it's Doc. Hi! Long time no see. How've you been?

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Dinosaur1993! » Sun May 10, 2020 9:54 pm

It’s a Mother’s Day miracle!
Dinosaur1993!
Worm
Worm

Postby Doc 42 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:00 am

Haha, yeah for real. I've been well. I live in the US now so that's new. Funny thinking back on everything that happened on here, was a big part of my life growing up, good memories!
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 12, 2020 7:17 am

Nice to see you around, Doc. Where abouts in the US are you? I might have to see about swinging by for a visit next time I'm in the neighbourhood.

Even more surprising, that's 4 members who are active enough to stumble across eachother within a couple of days. That's almost the same amount of traffic we started with back in '06. Clearly the time for Neo-RPGT is nigh :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Dinosaur1993! » Tue May 12, 2020 8:52 pm

I'm on the East Coast. The great (well, not really) state of New Jersey. So, pretty much the same spot I was when I joined all those years ago. Like I'm not been kidding. I literally only moved a town over haha.
Dinosaur1993!
Worm
Worm

Postby Hopeflower » Fri May 15, 2020 6:27 am

I'm still in NY. We should all get together for drinks sometime. *finger guns*

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Dinosaur1993! » Sun May 17, 2020 12:01 am

I'd be down lol.
Dinosaur1993!
Worm
Worm

Postby Doc 42 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:32 am

The Kingpin wrote:Nice to see you around, Doc. Where abouts in the US are you? I might have to see about swinging by for a visit next time I'm in the neighbourhood.

Even more surprising, that's 4 members who are active enough to stumble across eachother within a couple of days. That's almost the same amount of traffic we started with back in '06. Clearly the time for Neo-RPGT is nigh :P

San Francisco, California

We got the site, and the people, but damn, has technology moved on. Bulletin boards have not aged well.

The Kingpin wrote:Nice to see you around, Doc. Where abouts in the US are you? I might have to see about swinging by for a visit next time I'm in the neighbourhood.

Hopeflower wrote:I'm still in NY. We should all get together for drinks sometime. *finger guns*

For sure!

I intend to swing by the East Coast at some point, so that'd be pretty cool.
Ya'know, after all this 'ronavirus crap calms down a bit. :P
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Hopeflower » Thu May 21, 2020 9:11 pm

Yeah, god. I've been stuck inside for months and been damn lucky that I qualified for pandemic aid. I'd be SOL otherwise. How've you been holding up?

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:56 am

Eh, it ain't so bad. Working from home suits me - no more commuting for hours. Lots of time to work on personal projects just for fun
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Sun May 31, 2020 9:31 pm

Doc 42 wrote:We got the site, and the people, but damn, has technology moved on. Bulletin boards have not aged well.

They really haven't, no. I'm fairly sure we could do this just as easily via Discord. I have an RPGT discord server I never really made use of, but if we ever wanted to, that would serve the role even better than the Site could.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Dinosaur1993! » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:32 pm

That sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
Dinosaur1993!
Worm
Worm

Postby Hopeflower » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:21 pm

KP should really put the Discord link on the site or somethin' so people know where we're at lately.

Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Pyronychus » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Well, I'll be darned, the old crew is still here! Or at least were a couple weeks ago. My timing is the same as it's always been. :P

Member of the Slow Posters Club
Pyronychus
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:48 pm

We're around. I just don't always check in anymore because the only new things I'll see here are usually bots. So I purge them every couple of weeks :P

As for the link:

https://discord.gg/eudXG2p

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic