Random Topic V3

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Re: Random Topic V3

Postby Iceking » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:34 pm

A bit of info on the official Jurassic World site has confirmed that the T-rex in the film is the same one from the first movie.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Anaclagon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:19 am

So rumors say that due to fear of constant leaks, Disney may move the new Star Wars film to be released in the summer? I'm down with that

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:08 pm

That sounds pretty okay. Not often that a movie gets... preponed? Instead of postponed.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Iceking » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:45 pm

With Jurassic World and Ant Man coming out this summer and Age of Ultron likely to be at the box office for most of the summer, I suspect that if The Force Awakens gets a release date change, then Sometime in August is the earliest it might come out.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:10 am

The Brontosaurus is a dinosaur again, distinct from Apatosaurus.
http://www.vocativ.com/culture/science/ ... -dinosaur/
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Iceking » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:16 am

Vanquished my first Abyssal Lagiacrus last night while using the Stygian Zinogre lance and full G-rank Steel Uragaan armor with the skill affecting swimming gemmed out.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Anaclagon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:14 pm

I'm still a bit skeptical but the newest Star Wars trailer has certainly given me hope the movie will be great

Also hoping the new Star Wars battlefront turns out really good... This year is really turning out to be a big star wars come back

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby Iceking » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:40 pm

A new Jurassic World trailer is coming out on Monday.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby raptor titanus3 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:40 am

On my list of things to do on my Birthday:

1.) See Jurrassic World at the IMAX theatre with my friends
2.) Have dinner and cake at Dave & Busters
3.) Have a merry romp through their arcade
4.) Drink Liquor for the first time in my life (responsibly)
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:37 am

Sounds like fun. I never saw the appeal in drinking myself, but eh. Maybe it's just one of those things that you have to try in order to understand.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby raptor titanus3 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:53 pm

Personally I don't like the idea of drinking a liquid that inhibits thought and motor function and it will probably not be something I'll ever do again, its more a rite of passage I guess.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Turbo Tyrannophonic » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:46 am

I'm of the belief that if you're doing it responsibly, and with friends, you're good. Even if you get super hammered, if you're capable of keeping yourself out of trouble, go for it.

But if you get drunk every day, then you've got a problem. Especially if you're alone and full of self pity/loathing.
Turbo Tyrannophonic
Crayfish
Crayfish

Postby C S » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:50 am

TT KNOWS ALL ABOUT THAT LOL
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Iceking » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:23 am

I'll be starting my first job on Monday.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sun May 03, 2015 6:15 am

:) Congratulations IK. Glad to hear that. And to think that we were all just school kids when we started this thing. Now everyone is in college, university or working. I'm proud of you guys :)
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Sun May 03, 2015 1:06 pm

This would be awkward group hug time if we weren't all sitting in front of computers.

Don't anybody break their monitors trying. :U
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Iceking » Sun May 03, 2015 8:17 pm

Saw Avengers: Age of Ultron yesterday. I thought that James Spader nailed Ultron perfectly.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Evil Eye » Thu May 07, 2015 4:02 am

He has a wicked awesome voice.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:30 pm

The Kingpin wrote:Sounds like fun. I never saw the appeal in drinking myself, but eh. Maybe it's just one of those things that you have to try in order to understand.

raptor titanus3 wrote:Personally I don't like the idea of drinking a liquid that inhibits thought and motor function and it will probably not be something I'll ever do again, its more a rite of passage I guess.

Imagine you walk into a room, full of people from your old school, clubs you were part of when you were like, 8, and other random peopleyou met over the course of the last 5 years. You don't hang out with any of these people, you all do different things, study different subjects, and have different friends.

But then, like, all of a sudden you are all completely, and utterly the biggest batman fans ever. Like everyone is a batman super fan, and you walk in the door, wearing your batman onsie, and the closest guy is like "No ******* way, you like batman too?"
Then he rips off his jacket to show a full batman costume beneath it.
So you go
"Wait, you're a die hard bat man fan too? Holy ****, I never knew!"
and says
"Hey, buddy, everyone here?"
and gestures to the rest of the crowd in the room, who are all talking enthusiastically about batman, and wearing batman t-shirts.

So you jump in with all these crazy people you don't know that well, but joined briefly by your love of the caped crusader.

Drinking is like that, just with alcohol instead of batman. It relaxes your inhibitions, making it easier to connect with and talk to people you normally wouldn't find interesting, and vice versa.

Or, you end up puking in a bucket and getting into a fight with a guy over a kebab, but hey, not everyone agrees on the best batman movie, and sometimes someone takes the batman roleplay too far, just try not to be that batman guy, and you won't be that drunk guy.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby InfernalAngel » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:15 am

Sup fools
"Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant."

"They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace."
InfernalAngel
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic