Isle Sorna RPG

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Isle Sorna RPG

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:25 pm

First of all I would like to appologise for the disruption I caused yesterday.

Moving on.... I havent read ALL of the rpg but I have read alot and from what I see you need a knew bad guy. I recently considered joining as a spino but decided not to when I realised I would have to go on some suicideal evil rampage if I wanted to fit with the story. Im just saying, A big mistake cartoons make is they never change the bad guy he keeps coming back stronger than before, but for heros there status is heightened every time they save the world while bad guys are Degraded every time they fail to destroy the world. What im trying to say is that Spinos have become a joke never feared, just something to kill.
I would likie for some of the main caracters to make a log of the main populoase of Isle Sorna.(as if some humans did a report on the dinosaurs thriving and the ones dying)
I would greatly value this as I am completely confused at how this happened to such a great rpg.
Doc 42
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby o-eternal-o » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:38 pm

This happened due to some new members not being able to RP properly, and nearly destryoing what was once a really great RPG (hence the 50 pages in length) The Spino's were feared, and were a mighty predator to face. And now, they will be put back as they were, hopefully now the disruption will have ended. I love the ISSRPG, and i will not let people ruin it.

However, if you would like to join as a Spino, you're welcome. You seem to understand the fact that 'so and so wakes up. He kills 30 spinos. Then, he is tired and goes to sleep' isn't what we want in our RPG's.

The main dinosaurs in the RPG that are from constant players are as follows:

The Rex's:

Mostly KP's characters, although one was TT's but i don't think he uses it anymore.
Crusher: The dominant predator
Rampage: His mate
Razor: Newest son

Hunter: Crusher's first son
Lightning: Hunter's mate
Rox: There daughter

Raptor's:

Blade: Pack leader
Exile: My other raptor character
SharpClaw: HG's raptor
Scar: Previous pack leader. MG's raptor
Rawhide: HG's other raptor. SharpClaw's mate
Jade: Scar's mate
Darkness: TT's raptor

There's a baryonyx called Bronx which is MG's newest character

And that's all i can think of at the moment, That's the main ones. There's others which come in to conrol every now and then too. I'm sure someone else can tell you those
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Peter the Reaper » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:49 pm

"Hi, my name I james, and I'm a Giganotosaurus with 30meters, I was asleep most of the time because the in gen guys decided to put me asleep because I'm the most powerful dino ever! Today I woke up, brushed my teeth, killed all of the other dinosaurs in Sorna and then went back to bed."

Yeah, I could go with that! :P
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby o-eternal-o » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:53 pm

lol, it's not funny, it's ruining the RPGs. Although when you put it that way i can't help but laugh :P
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:13 pm

I am very tempted to ban all of these newbies......Some have potental.....others don't....

Yes the RPG needs to get back on its feet, and the fun is almost completely sucked out of it, hence the reason why I haven't posted for so long. Noob RPers disgust me. From now on this sort of thing will not be tolerated. If you cannot RP and refuse to listen to us, then the creator of the RPG can give a person a warning. Though it is not official, it will be when people report that person enough. We seriously need to crack down on these noobs. KP, you need to OK this rule or the RPGs will die.

As ERC has said, the Spinos were a powerful force. Crusher was about the only one to take them down with ease. I am also tempted to totally delete this "Zor" to save the Spinosaurus. Chook's posting was totally rediculous and stupid.

Again, KP, you need to OK this since your the head honcho.

And on a side note, Cheese. That is all.
TyrannoTitan

Postby o-eternal-o » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:21 pm

And on a side note, Cheese. That is all.

:P That is the answer to everything :wink:
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:27 pm

Ses you! See? I can have a non-evil side. Its all the time seeing DL ban/yell/warn people on MG. Its starting to rub off.....oh god.....no!

:lol:

ERC!!! Get back on topic, now!!

:lol:
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:31 pm

Crack down on all the noobs

I hope that doesnt inculde me :(
On i side note looking over it seems most of the Spino massacres and armys have come from this "Zor" caracter who I note promptly fell off a cliff

Thx ERC that helped
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:44 pm

No.....no.....

Noob (or n00b)= A person who can't do anything the right way.
Newb= A person new to something.

You, my friend, are a newb. For the time being..... :D .
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:26 pm

ok. i agree with everything here. Starting from now, if any RPer is reported 3 times, he gets 1 official warning. after that, each report counts as an Official warning. the Zor posts will be deleted.

this rule set works as following:
5 reports [3 for first warning, one each for the next 2]=1 week ban. another 3 after that week is over and the account returned [1 equals official warning, given per report]=1 month ban. if, after that month, the member gets reported ANOTHER 3 times, he gets a permanent ban.

i am adding this to the main rules of the site.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:36 am

Seriosly Kp 40 Spinos. Is that the whole spino pop8ulatoin on Sorna?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:55 am

all the ones left, yeah :) . i am practically wiping out the Spino population [they werent in JP1 and TLW, so im sure the island can live without them...]. maybe leave one or two as the last remaining survivors, who give up the fight, end the feud, and live on, rebuilding the Spino population...ending the Spino vs Rex conflict...at least, thats what i intend to do...opinions are welcome, as well as suggestions...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:25 pm

In the final battle one of the rexs should die. Sparking the end of the feud

EDIT forgot a full stop -_-
Last edited by Doc 42 on Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby HorseGal » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:25 pm

Sparking? Rexes don't seem to spark though...lol
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:53 pm

maybe a random rex i'll drag in that's willing to fight for the right to be seen as one of the rulers of the island. it's tougher than it looks, killing off one of your own characters...i had a hard time killing off Chomper, and Crusher's mother, Opal...it was a good reason to send Crusher into a rage though :P .
my 2 favourite Crusher fights in the RPG:
Crusher vs Thrasher
Crusher vs Grunt
both of them featured Crusher in an incredibly powerful rage :twisted: .

now, back to the topic of RPG Rules, i've updated the Site Rules topic in Site Stuff. please check the last bit, and read the RPG Related Rules, as they are the most important rules for RPers.
Last edited by The Kingpin on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:10 pm

I just thoght of something how are the rexs gona kill 40 Spinos your gona need to bring in lots of random rexs. About the rules I didnt see anything there about controlling other peoples caracters
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:25 pm

well, im only giving examples of rules. the actual rules are to be shown in the first post of any RPG. this is just explaining the system as far as breaking RPG rules go. you break a rule, the author or a member reports you. after 3 reports, you get marked with an official warning. after that, each report equals a warning. and after that, the system works like the normal ban system, 3 strikes and your out [on the third] for a week, and after that, another 3, and your out for a month. after that, another 3 gives you a permanent ban

as for the 40 Spinos, i AM planning to pull in plenty of Rexes. keep in mind Crusher could practically take 2 Spinos on his own together. after taking them down, e could take on another 2. then another, and another and another.

BUT: nobody rush the plot too much. it may not look like it, but this is just getting started.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Crusher » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:47 pm

ERC, You forgot me! Crasher could take down 4 spinos at a time!
Crusher is king!
Crusher
Worm
Worm

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:04 pm

i dunno about everyone else, but starting now, im not acknowledging Crasher's existence as a character. the TRUE brother of Crusher, the ONLY one, will appear sometime in the future of the RPG, when i have finished designing a background for him along with an entry plan.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Peter the Reaper » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:15 pm

Crusher wrote:ERC, You forgot me! Crasher could take down 4 spinos at a time!

zOMG! RLY? I mean, I can take on four ham sandwiches, one vanilla ice-cream and one spaghetti! But you, Sir, are my idol! I bow to your obvious knowledge of biological mechanics! Hallowed be thee!

Geez dude, grow up and learn to stay at least in a reasonable spectre of reality...
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Next

Return to Off-Topic