Just ******** great ,Mosquito

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Just ******** great ,Mosquito

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:00 pm

Ah come on Im a frigen worm for 50 posts and now IM A MOSQUITO a small blood sucking diesease ridden fly. Some how you have to change your rating system.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:15 pm

lol. ok, ok ok. i'll change it....IF you guys can make me a little list of examples. im thinking of something like "just joined, recent member, regular, oldie, wrinkly, ancient, pile of dust" :lol: . honestly, i have no idea what to do about the Ranking system. gimme ideas, and i'll try them out...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:01 am

I kinda like the idea of animals. Worm is kinda fitting for the start I suppose
maybe going into fantasy cretures up the scale eg Karken
But for something instead of mosquito maybe a compy or a cat any thing that isnt a small bloodsucking fly(that spreads diesease)
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Peter the Reaper » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:57 am

The Kingpin wrote:"just joined, recent member, regular, oldie, wrinkly, ancient, pile of dust"

Isn't this what suggested way back when you asked for new template ideas? :wink:

Doc 42 wrote:I kinda like the idea of animals. Worm is kinda fitting for the start I suppose
maybe going into fantasy cretures up the scale eg Karken
But for something instead of mosquito maybe a compy or a cat any thing that isnt a small bloodsucking fly(that spreads diesease)

Nope, sorry, I just am 100% not agreeing with it. This is an RPG forum, so, either go with a non-thematical ranking or an RPG-thematical ranking, but, since RPGing isn't very well defined in terms of rankings, one can't be sure on how to use it.
Last edited by Peter the Reaper on Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:32 pm

similar. the only problem is, the less ranks we have, the larger the gaps between them. right now, it's 50 posts for each Rank advance [if i remember correctly] until you reach the spiders, which need 100 posts for each advacne. when you hit the dinosaurs, i think it goes on between the 100s and the 1000s [dont remember in detail. i havent had a look at the ranking system for a while] leading up to the final rank, Red Dragon, which needs 15000 posts [yeah...REALLY steap. done because originally, Yuke showed me that he was burning through ranks at speeds that made me rethink my strategy. this being an RPG site, posts will be put in at a MUCH faster rate than other kinds of forums. like modding forums [MG and PA]
Last edited by The Kingpin on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Crusher » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:44 pm

Try this: Noob= Compsognathus Not so noob= Velociraptor Kind of moving up the rank: Allosaurus top of the rank: Tyranno- oh come on! Everyone knows Rex will be at the top!
Crusher is king!
Crusher
Worm
Worm

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:05 pm

you havent thought of the fact that this site isn't all about dinosaurs. it's got several other things.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:28 pm

What about objects insted of living cretures. EG newb=Spoon slowly increases past fork,knife,eventually reaching spatchula. most random thing I could think of :P
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:00 pm

lol, that is sooo cool. I liek those ratings... wow, i have the sudden urge to make a site where it is completely random, and there's balloons all over it and every random convo you could think of......

*shakes head*

Now, where were we? :P
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Peter the Reaper » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:53 am

Doc 42 wrote:What about objects insted of living cretures. EG newb=Spoon slowly increases past fork,knife,eventually reaching spatchula. most random thing I could think of :P

oooh and why not put also trees? Or gum? Or beds? :roll:
Peter the Reaper
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:52 am

Ah yes, it is nice to know that I will eventually grow up to be a mosquito. :roll: Meh I don't have a problem with being a worm larva or mosquito or any bug for that matter, You just have to take it like a man. Or in some cases woman. I don't think a change is really necissary.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby chook151 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:29 am

yeah, plus you get to be a mosquito, a bug that that can wipe out entire villages with mileria, yellow fever, etc. so, i reckon savor every moment of a mozzy,the only thing i have against it is my mozzyphobia(sorry i dont know its scientific name).
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:45 am

lol. see? some wild ideas pop up when you think about it! just keep going, and eventually, i'll come up with something even better. the reason i put revolting insects as the first ranks is to encourage members to participate a bit. nobody wants to be a worm! or a mostquito! you've proven that fact yourself! if you reached a rank you like, you'd slow down, let it last, and only post occasionally. but if only the last 2-5 or maybe 10 ranks are cool, and the rest are revolting, wouldn't you want to change that image of yourself. some guys would say "hey, remember that new member, Doc42?" other guy: "Who?" first guy "The worm" second guy "oh...him. yeah...what about him?". wouldn't you prefer to have people consider you the "Black Dragon"? or the T. Rex? of course you would! and that's the genious in it! nobody wants insulting ranks! in fact, i once came across a site, and laughed my head off. the first rank: Pond Scum :lol: . oh, and another one, involving Zoo Tycoon. the first rank is Pooper Scooper. who wants to be a grimy lump of Pond Scum? or some guy who goes around elephant exhibits taking sacks of sh** out all day long?! NOBODY! :lol:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby chook151 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:56 am

umm ive tried putting small pictures of carcharodontosaurus, giganotosaurus, tyrannosaurus , rajasaurus, etc. but it wont let me, could you give me a link for small dino pics kingpin? please :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:04 am

give me the link VIA P.M. and i'll make it work. give me a link of the pic. better still, copy it's URL, and paste it where it asks for a link to the pic in your profile.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:06 pm

The Kingpin wrote:lol. see? some wild ideas pop up when you think about it! just keep going, and eventually, i'll come up with something even better. the reason i put revolting insects as the first ranks is to encourage members to participate a bit. nobody wants to be a worm! or a mostquito! you've proven that fact yourself! if you reached a rank you like, you'd slow down, let it last, and only post occasionally. but if only the last 2-5 or maybe 10 ranks are cool, and the rest are revolting, wouldn't you want to change that image of yourself. some guys would say "hey, remember that new member, Doc42?" other guy: "Who?" first guy "The worm" second guy "oh...him. yeah...what about him?". wouldn't you prefer to have people consider you the "Black Dragon"? or the T. Rex? of course you would! and that's the genious in it! nobody wants insulting ranks! in fact, i once came across a site, and laughed my head off. the first rank: Pond Scum :lol: . oh, and another one, involving Zoo Tycoon. the first rank is Pooper Scooper. who wants to be a grimy lump of Pond Scum? or some guy who goes around elephant exhibits taking sacks of sh** out all day long?! NOBODY! :lol:

Good point I geuss I better stop complaining and start spamming(just kidding :P )
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:15 pm

oi! careful! i have a tendency to get really cruel to people who do that...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Crusher » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:47 am

I know its not all about dinos, its just that I know so much about them, I can't keep away from them.
Crusher is king!
Crusher
Worm
Worm

Postby chook151 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:58 pm

lol im with u crusher! :)

umm kingpin, could you look at the link(s)
because they/that is the link(s) for the dino pictures i tryedto load up.
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Sheriff Hoyt » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:13 pm

I'm a mosquito! I drink blood! :twisted:
Sheriff Hoyt
Mosquito
Mosquito

Next

Return to Off-Topic