What are you going to be?

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 08, 2007 4:03 am

@ TTR: i'll tell you something: DONT let ANYONE tell you what you can and cant achieve. NEVER. you'll make it as long as you really want it and work for it. wanting alone isn't going to do anything. DOING is what is going to get you what you want. i cant really start a business now, but since almost every successful business has a well educated owner and a Website, im working hard in school to REALLY stand out among the others, and have RPGT as practice for running things. practice in Administration. corruption is really a problem. people who dont get out of highschool end up in the Army's administration over here in Kuwait. one of the guys in my class whose failed at least 5 times in the same year, says that if he does manage to leave Highschool, his dad will pull a few strings and get him a really high rank in the Army...and me, one of the best students in the class, am busy working so that i can get the University degrees needed to make my plan work...sure i have some really high powered help as well [i practically have the country in my pocket :lol: . the Emir's heir knows my best friend personally. as in none-relative uncle personally], but im not using them unless im sure im good enough to ensure they wont say no....
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrantTR » Tue May 08, 2007 4:38 am

Dude, their are three types of people in this world job wise. Brats, Hard workers, and Couch patatoes. You and me, would fall under hard workers. Your failing freind, would fall under brat. In other words, their are people who can work really, really hard, and still get their dream job, and then there is those who get it by inheritence, no work. It is really annoying, and couch patatoes is self explanitory.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Tue May 08, 2007 4:27 pm

You missed a group. The unlucky hard workers. People who pour life into studying and trying to earn a living for their family but are thrown into the craper at every opertunity. These are the hard workers who get kicked out to make room for brats. And Directors? nerds! Ya right! Directors are the coolest people in the world! And the people who tell you that your a nerd. What are they going to be? Bin men, Construction workers, the assistants of the people who post flyers on cars. I try to be a hard worker but I end up spending more time on whats fun than whats important sometimes.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 08, 2007 4:46 pm

too true. im one of the lucky few who can be cool and a hard worker at the same time. im cool because im the master in English at school [im even better than the Teachers], and because im one of the best in all of the 10th Graders in my school at Chemistry and Geology, and at the same time, im studying almost all the time im awake, with only about 3 hours of actual non-sleep relaxation time. im envied by alot of people, but i have VERY few enemies [the only ones who are my enemies wont dare do anything because i have a habit of becoming EXTREMELY "politically" powerful at school within the first year. right now, i have at least 5 teachers who would be willing to stand in front of the Headmaster and say that im right in any given situation [simply because of my behavour with them. im one of the only ones who actually dont cause trouble in class! :lol: ]. they're frightened of repercussions if they bother me. im going to get a kid suspended tomorrow because he threatened to accuse me of cheating in the finals if i didn't give him answers. boy is he in for a surprise :twisted: ]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrantTR » Thu May 10, 2007 3:40 am

In the US, their is no such thing as being cool and a hard worker, I swear to god. There is a girl in our class, very bwutiful, and very smart, she gets As all the time. The whole class, excludeing me and others, calls her "THE BRAIN". And then their is total sport fanatics, who waist their time watching a game for hours on end, and if they lose in PE they curse, and say you weren't a good sport about it, and heck, they even cry. :P
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Legendary Elite » Thu May 10, 2007 8:09 am

Alright sorry about the bad language earlier. The whole heist thing was really a joke, I would never do it.

Anyway the Palaeontologist thing was true though. I don't really care nowadays what people say about me. Its just that sad really of the amount of people who never take me seriously because of my looks. Some say i'm ugly (well, we've all had that before haven't we? So it does not affect me as such), stupid. I'm no real fighter other than in Fencing which I do on Saturdays and Tuesday nights. Even most of my friends hardly take me seriously, even when I am telling them the truth. But then I got no one to hang around with if I just don't care for them. Of course I care but ya know what i mean, I don't exactly get the same respect back which I give them. And its especially annoying when you have people who treat you like crap for who you are. Like the instant they see you they just hate you.

Oh well its life anyway. Like when I was doing a speech in Work Studies class (i'm in Year 11 and i have multiple subjects and Work Studies is a subject that helps you get into a job or career you want), my teacher Mr Lucas commented on me afterward and said I did a good job and he also said that a lot of people in my class had looks on their faces like they had not expected me to do a speech on a job like Geology and anything related (the speech had to be on 3 jobs/careers we wanted in life). And Mr Lucas is a wise person. So that just prooves that many don't seem to care but I don't worry.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Thu May 10, 2007 3:36 pm

lets keep it simple ,fun is an important ingredient in life but laughing with terrorist attacks or heists?
thats just sick mate,people die there,THATS NOT FUNNY ok thats why i wanna join the military or the police,to save as many lives as possible when such things happen
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Doc 42 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:14 pm

LE if you really start to get pissed off, do what I did. Find better freinds. I wouldnt even call my old freinds "freinds" I hung out with them, but absaloutly hated them at the same time. That was first year of seocondary school, then I just walked off (with a lot of cursing) and hung with some other guys. but while with the first group I was considered a quiet, boring, wriedo that they could laugh at, with the other group I was considered cool. It just proves there is no strict definiation of cool. Its just a bunch of different personalities. Find people like you.
sadly from what I hear. In ameirica it doesnt work that way. It seems that the whole year is dominated by one "personality" and it branches down like the feudal system.
As for heists and that kindve thing. too ture yuke too ture. Crime is sky rocketing in Ireland ffs just recently an assualt rifle and rpg were seized by police. Luckly as they were sold.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Shadow » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:14 pm

1: Palaeontologist
2:Zookeeper
3:Wildlife Photographer
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
Shadow
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby DI7789 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:37 pm

I have spent my entire life finding out what it truly means to be "cool" and I still haven't found the answer, maybe I should leave it to a psychologist, anyways, I hope to be two things: More successful than Britain's Prime Minister (that is setting my target pretty low) and becoming a policeman, there is a lot of truth in what Yuke said, and maybe, I can be the very first British policeman seen patrolling within a hundred meters of a City Centre
"Its like I was attacked by some kind of...dinosaur"
-Regina, not realising what this sentence meant for her future

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach!"
"Thank you"
-Catherine Tate and David Tennant Comic Relief 2007
DI7789
Worm
Worm

Postby Iceking » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:44 pm

i might help in tv production.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby MegalodonShark » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:48 pm

I intend to become a Marine Biologist because of my love of sharks.
MegalodonShark

Postby Shade » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:08 pm

I wanna be a best-selling author, actress in Broadway or Hollywood, or a famous singer.
Sugar. Spice. Everything twice. I'm the left and the right, in a word: Nice.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:14 am

Probably going to end up being an author at my rate.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 am

Doc 42 wrote:You missed a group. The unlucky hard workers. People who pour life into studying and trying to earn a living for their family but are thrown into the craper at every opertunity. These are the hard workers who get kicked out to make room for brats. And Directors? nerds! Ya right! Directors are the coolest people in the world! And the people who tell you that your a nerd. What are they going to be? Bin men, Construction workers, the assistants of the people who post flyers on cars. I try to be a hard worker but I end up spending more time on whats fun than whats important sometimes.

And then theres just plain, downrite unlucky people, like the homeless, or... like the five year olds in africa starving because of drought? idk
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby SuperNerd » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:19 am

i probaly going to become a director or work in genetic enginnering
SuperNerd

Postby Spiketopus ಠ,ಠ » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:51 pm

I'm a girl but I like dinosaurs and monsters, things like this. I will perhaps make dinosaurs and giant monsters movies. So what? These things are my passion and when you have a passion in live, never get somebody break it or laught because what you like is... funny.

Trust me, many people are looking at me with a wierd face and I don't care! :wink:
Spiketopus ಠ,ಠ
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Previous

Return to Off-Topic