What are you going to be?

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:31 am

Be serious...
TyrannoTitan

Postby chook151 » Sun May 06, 2007 5:16 am

im doing an asignment for becoming one this coming saturday!!!!!!! :shock:
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby The Kingpin » Sun May 06, 2007 11:25 am

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....and im going to become a frog when i grow up by learning french and eating flies for the rest of my life... :roll:

seriously, what are you intending to do when you grow up...if you grow up... :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Sun May 06, 2007 1:08 pm

Me? Well when I was a wee lil todd and was mad about trains, Train driver or a workman. A few years later in which I like trains a bit but not so much now, I got into Dinosaurs. Since then I have become a major expert on them. But yeah the job I wanted to do was Palaeontologist. And then in Year 10 I find out that what is required is beyond my league. I found that quite shattering after so long so I though Multimedia Developer or even Game Designer might be good (work with Bungie Studies on their Halo games) but this year I look back and realize now that if I go for Developer or designer, all that learning, all that time I spent learning about dinosaurs in all my years would just go to waste. Now I think that I should be a Palaeontologist. Definately I can do that job, I don't see anything spectacular or a great feat i would make in Designing or Developing and neither do ya get paid much either. But I have had dreams as a Palaeontologist. Now my mind is made up for good now. Palaeontology is the way to go for me! :D

I have had thoughts on other jobs too:

1. Palaeontologist

2. Game Designer

3. Multimedia Developer

4. Military Commander

5. Undercover Cop

6. Military Helicopter Pilot

7. Hitman

Ok the last one was a joke. Lol! I've had several other ideas on jobs but this is some good ones I thought of.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby The Kingpin » Sun May 06, 2007 4:09 pm

whatever you do, DONT think that anything is impossible. many people think that my plan is too ambitious and destined to fail, but i say otherwise. it'll take time, but in the end, it'll be worth it. and dont let your info on dinos hold you back. from when i was roughly 7 years old, i got glued on dinos until i was 13. 6 years of teaching myself about dinos. but, did that stop me from making my plans for the Company? no. oh, and another thing: Paleontologists get famous, but not rich. well, not as rich as other fields you can get into. Oil engineers have fairly good pay, but having your own business is where the real money lies. almost ALL your income is yours. all you have to worry about is shipping, production, supplies and staff payment. the rest comes with the work you do. simple.

trust me, you DONT want military. undercover cops are sorta badly paid IMO, and the job can sometimes be high-risk. a chopper pilot. nice one, but it takes quite alot of learning. a civil Chopper pilot's license takes several years of education, because it's not just learning how to fly it. you need to know the legislation. the laws about flying helicopters. it's like learning to drive a car, but more complicated, with a higher risk of serious injury [there's the ducking before entering the chopper to avoid being turned into steaks :P , the risk while actually flying it...etc]. Hitman would be an interesting job, but i think we have enough deaths in the world already... :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun May 06, 2007 6:54 pm

well i will go for a SIE officer (belgium special police force)
or just Federal police
or i'll join the Army,as a Paratrooper offcourse the best of the best
but i'm still doubting
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby HorseGal » Sun May 06, 2007 7:05 pm

I want to be a horse trainer and a riding lesson instructor when I grow up. :)
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun May 06, 2007 7:09 pm

no offense but i personally don't think you can get through life with only that income,maybe an animal dokter speciallised in horses as an extra job ?
a well don't understand me wrong but here in belgium you don't earn much to be an instructor,i did it 1 year(yes i was an instructor,i did horseriding)and i got the same loan as them all and i can tell you that wasn't much
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby HorseGal » Sun May 06, 2007 7:17 pm

Like an Equine Vet? That sounds like another good job. I really want to work with horses when I grow up...right now I'm just volunteering at the stable I ride at. My teacher came up to my friends and I on friday for another volunteering oppurtunity(sp?) at the barn she works.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Sun May 06, 2007 7:17 pm

true. horseriding isn't a very profitable job to have. i know a couple of guys who are horseriding instructors. i feel sorry for them. they dont get much. they do it as a side job to bring in a little bit of extra cash, but it's not their main job. not enough pay. Vetrinary medicine [in your particular case, Equestrian(sp?) medicine] is quite a good idea, though true medical work is even better. business, IMO is the best. teach you how to rake in tons of cash easily... :lol:

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrantTR » Sun May 06, 2007 8:08 pm

I want to hit it large in the film industry. I'll make action adventures, and horrors that will grip people's imaginations. Of coarse that is hard, and nearly impossible but I'm allready practicing.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Sun May 06, 2007 8:10 pm

the first step to that is writing. Fan fics are good practice for that sort of thing...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon May 07, 2007 1:06 pm

oh yes, true Palaeontology is a good idea for me.

Performing a heist? hmmmm....Everybody wants to do that! :D *Running through the street with an M4 Bang! Bang! Where's the van? Bang! bang! The van was supposed be here! Where's the CENSORED van! Dude give one more minute to hack into the mainframe! I'm in Myspace they've re-routed me into Myspace, I need a minute!* :D LOL!

Really I don't care for those who try to let me down and don't take me seriously which is what most ppl around me do, well other than my friends. I'm willing to try. The place I want to start from is the crags and the sites in good Utah. And perhaps go to Colorado and then so forth... :D

KP SAYS: Mind your language!!! :roll:
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby TyrantTR » Mon May 07, 2007 1:33 pm

I seriously considered a career in Paleontology, in my days of youth, and then now that I'm older, I know that I won't be able to support my family, and send my kids off to nice schools. The truth is, it's just not that I paying of a job. look at Paul Sereno, he was almost poor. Then the movie companies, and show buisness paid him a truckload to have interveiws.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Mon May 07, 2007 3:58 pm

Performing a hesit? well it may sound like fun but i suspect those "bangs" where you shooting the security gaurds. Imagine the familys of thise security garuds. Really makes you think doesnt it. There we go I just craped all over everyons mood sorry guys. But yes everyone at some poiont thinks "wouldnt it be great to rob a bank" oh and paletologist? I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot barge pole. Dedicating your life to studying dead lizards doesnt really pay to well. The only Palentogogists that make any money are the ones who get loads of interveiws and stuff like that. (as Tyrant said)
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Mon May 07, 2007 6:14 pm

ye LE mind your language cause when i become a Cop i'll turn you in :lol: :lol: :lol: and i saw a lot of potential Terrorist here so watch out 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: J/K
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Doc 42 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Legendary Elite wrote:Really I don't care for those who try to let me down and don't take me seriously which is what most ppl around me do, well other than my friends. I'm willing to try. The place I want to start from is the crags and the sites in good Utah. And perhaps go to Colorado and then so forth... :D

Wow good attitude towards things. sadly I let my self be affected too much by what people say :roll: But hay! with your attitude you will probobly end up working where you want to work and actually liking your work (which is ten times more important than pay.
Oh and Language? what Language?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon May 07, 2007 8:00 pm

language: he said "f***ing" where CENSORED is now. i dont like that language on my site [since i have younger relatives, some under 10, who occasionally check in and have a look. i wouldn't want them telling their parents that i run a dirty site. that would mean a swift shutdown that i dont want... :roll: ]

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrantTR » Tue May 08, 2007 1:28 am

Man, I go through life constantly getting told that I'm not worth a high paying career. The whole state of washington is corupt. They always think of you as an under acheiver, always. And when you get rich, when you truley do shine, they don't laugh, they come to your door as poor men, begging for cash. Every one doesn't belive that I can be a director. I
m just the resident "NERD" Well, seriously, Who cares. Planning isn't everything though. And sometimes, the moeney is more important than you being comfortable and haveing fun. It is all wrong. I know it is hard to face, but it is simple nature.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue May 08, 2007 2:44 am

I plan to be a Herpitologist (Spellings wrong I know.) , I said this before, its the study of reptiles. I currently have a snake and might get another one so I'll have a bit of experiance before the job.
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic