Fantasy RPG Preparation Topic

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby TyrantTR » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:22 pm

I don't know if this in any way would be considered bumping, but a Greek Mythology RPG would be quite interesting, no?
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:13 pm

dont worry. this topic was made to suggest RPG ideas, so it's practically impossible to be considered as bumping as long as it's on topic. i dunno. why only Greek? why not a full blown Fantasy RPG with Gryphons, Dragons, Chimeras, Kraken [only one allowed, and i SERIOUSLY discourage it, since you'll be very bored being one of the only sea creatures], Wyverns [2 legged Dragons], Thunderbirds, and just about any other creature of KNOWN mythology you can think of. GAME characters are not considered mythology, so nobody bring in any WoW or D&D creatures, unless they actually have a real life history in known mythology. I, of course, will be using a Dragon in that RPG, and, to be more precise, an elder Imperial Red Dragon, Inferno [yep, him again, but improved. i'll even give you guys a look at a sketch of him, or even a finished drawing of him on his basking ledge in the RotDRPG, if i have time]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrantTR » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:17 pm

Yeah all types of mythology would be interestin indeed, I am just kindof used to Greek mythology standing out above the others. So I can start it?
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:21 pm

well, i have an idea: chat to me through PMs about it. me and Mega Raptor and various other members have been chatting about this for a while, and it would be interesting to see what you have in mind as far as rules go...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:47 pm

Yes, i'd actually love that, as it's been mentioned before. I loved the dragon RPG, but you know why i stopped posting in that. Oh, and one other rg which i love the sound of, which was mentiopned quite a while a go is the wild animal rpg. I think that'd be so cool. As long as we be realistic about it. Normal wild animals. I would really really love that.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:26 am

what about a starwars rpg like mentioned before ,you would have a whole universe with dozens of solar systems to roam in you can become a jedi,wookie,stormtrooper,rebel,etc,etc
you can be a merchant,trader,soldier,etc,etc

i think everything would be possible you can create big plots small plots
anything in one gigantic universe
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:31 am

you know, that sort of universe was actually part of my original idea for the Fantasy RPG. each race would have a planet, and would travel to other planets to trade, communicate, improve political relations, chase enemies who have done damage on your home planet...etc. im really nowhere near knowledgable in Star Wars though. all i know is Obi Wan, the Jedi, Yoda, and a bunch of other guys are good guys, and Darth Vadar and the clones and a load of others are the evil side....past that, im clueless.....still, if you guys want a Star Wars RPG, you know the rules. 3 members minimum to start it...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm

I will enter the Fantasy RPG after about 3 pages so I can work my plot around other caracters
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:37 pm

The Kingpin wrote:you know, that sort of universe was actually part of my original idea for the Fantasy RPG. each race would have a planet, and would travel to other planets to trade, communicate, improve political relations, chase enemies who have done damage on your home planet...etc. im really nowhere near knowledgable in Star Wars though. all i know is Obi Wan, the Jedi, Yoda, and a bunch of other guys are good guys, and Darth Vadar and the clones and a load of others are the evil side....past that, im clueless.....still, if you guys want a Star Wars RPG, you know the rules. 3 members minimum to start it...

well kp it would be a "sort of" starwars rpg but since you already are planning that kind of rpg if you add wookies,jedi's,and a crazy emperor who wants to rule the world with his army i'm in
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:59 pm

well, get on MSN and explain to me what a wookie is. as for the Jedi [IIRC, they are a special group of warriors who are supposed to fight the emperor], i think that could be made up by the players [though i personally wont be using a light saber...rather an enchanted blade made of an unbreakable metal...]. as for the emperor, i think i could dump that role on the Demon faction, since they're evil anyway, i'd expect the emperor and his entire faction would want their faction to rule the universe, so it would work....the Dragon faction will be mine, adn anyone elses who wants to join in...there will be a faction for every kind of mythical beast that isn't enormous [Kraken, Leviathan...etc]. those super sized beasts will be like the work horses of the universe, carrying stuff from one place to another...etc

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby mega raptor » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:13 pm

KP (and anyone else interested in the SW RPG) I suggest you go here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page It's a very reliable source, and if you want to know anything about Star Wars, just search for it, and chances are they'll have it.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby chook151 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:35 am

ok, i think we should have a battlefield RPG,i dont like star wars,NO OFFENCE :D
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby mega raptor » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:26 am

You do realise that caps are THE EQUIVILANT OF SHOUTING ON THE INTERNET, DON"T YOU? :roll:

In any case, what would we do? Unless it's an extended siege, the battle would be over reasonably quickly-within a few pages or so. Unless it's a part of a larger war (maybe a well thought-out WWIII) then I fail to see how it would be long-lived, and it would end up like the Zombie Uprising RPG.

If you want a battle, the SW RPG would be good for it. Not only do you have your battles with futuristic technology such as blasters and walkers, but it allows you to extend to other parts of your character's lives than just the battle. After all, just look at the title-War is right in there, it's the second word. In addition, I imagine a battle on some desolate wasteland planet in some far-flung corner of the galaxy would be a far more interesting atmosphere and would generate a more interesting story (for example, imagine the tensions and tempers that would rise while camping out at a siege on Hoth) than some generic area in Europe...
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:32 pm

I vote for the Fantasy RPG with star stuff attached

My caracter is going to be a rouge Dragon
But will there be humans?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:52 pm

if some players want humans, yes, they will be included. you could even have 2 factions for humans. Industrialists, which, as the name implys, are basically entirely industrial, with alot of technology in their hands, and Mages, which have the power of magic, and can wield it almost as well as dragons can.

this is a little world that came up to my mind after a bit of talking with One of Them, so original credit for this idea is his. only difference between my ideas and his, is that things that have a potentially religiously offensive thing, like a character who is basically the god of the universe in the RPG, will be kept out of mine, while in his, you may possibly find a character like that.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:54 pm

If they are humans we have to modify them to be less agreesive[It feels wried writing this]
As they are relisticly they would just try to to rule everyone and expolit everything
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:05 pm

you just gave me an idea. SW has one empire, trying to take over the galaxy. here, we have 2 :D . The Demons, Industrialists and the rest of the universe are in a 3 way battle for supremecy. the Industrialists want to have total control over the universe, giving them access to practically unlimited resources, to power their industrial goal of "modernizing" the entire universe [by modernizing, i mean kill off all the lesser advanced races, and molding the rest of the universe's inhabitants into what they want them to be, be it slaves, super commandos...etc]. the Demons, want to take over the galaxy, and turn it into their own little heaven, turning everything into a charred, blackened wasteland of torture [to the other races]. the rest of the universe's inhabitants start what is known as the FGA [Free Galaxies' Alliance], who have a single goal: to free the entire universe from the evil of the IEE [Industrial Expansion Empire] and the DFA [Demonic Freedom Army (their idea of freedom is freedom for them to do what they like, which is turn the universe into their idea of heaven)], and any other power planning to impose it's will on other races.

believe it or not, i just thought that up as i wrote....im surprized at how good it's turning out...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:10 pm

I dont agree with the FGA they should be fighting amongst them selvs in lesser war, and maybe latter on in the Rpg we have them join together to fight off the evil dudes.
EDIT: If this goes a head we will need at least ten players for something on this scale
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:21 pm

well, i said that they start it....it doesn't mean it starts at the beginning though. i like the idea of them fighting amongs themselves...gives us some more fighting to do :P . i have an idea. we should build up a relations system based on the races' attitudes towards the other creatures as far as known mythology goes. for example, Elves and Dwarves are known for their hatred to eachother [i think that was because of Lord of the Rings...but im not sure]. we could do it so that Dragons, and, for example, Gryphons, dotn agree with eachother much, and are often arguing, though not to the extent that they'd draw swords against eachother. Mages and warriors in general dont like eachother, due to their differences in handling situations. Orcs are basically hated by everyone other than Demons. anyone willing to contribute, please say what you suggest. im gonig to split this topic off as "The Fantasy RPG Preparation Topic", so that thid topic can be brought back to it's roots as an RPG Requests topic

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:52 pm

I like the relations system but maybe were thinking a bit too big?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Next

Return to Off-Topic