Introductions

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Re: Introductions

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:29 pm

the Superhero RPG's been dead for a while because it simply falls on its face unless there is a large community to support it's activity. the same two or three players or characters can't go back and forth constantly unless they have a very high rate of character creation and don't mind losing characters [because unlike your standard comic books and cartoons, death isn't exactly a no-go-zone in our RPGs, and it's not uncommon to run into situations where not dying wouldn't make sense, if you're not careful :P].

As for the Temporal Rift RPG, it's up for revival, but as of late there's just been too few players willing to jump in. CS and myself are the regular players there, but that's about it unless you want to add to it [possibly with multiple characters if you want to have a steady flow of activity]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Lucianchildofthemoon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Hey everyone I'm new to rpgtopia and I can tell already it's going to be as fun time! If anyone is down for it I'd be thrilled to get involved in some stories in both ISS and the fantasy rpg!
Lucianchildofthemoon
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:55 am

Welcome to the site, Lucian. Don't mind the silence in here. Some of us [myself included] tend not to watch everything, so we miss some posts here and there. And by all means, jump right in. ISS is fairly easy to get involved in a scene in, since there's no particular isolation of areas beyond thicker jungle near the centre, more plains near the edges, and a couple of rivers, lagoons and swamps spread out depending on the environment. you could have yourself wandering through general forest and odds are someone will intercept and interact. Now whether it's friendly or combative is another matter entirely, but that's what RPGs are all about. Unpredictable and fun :)

As for FRPG [or Lore of Leyuna/LoLRPG], you could have your character wandering across a plain or an isolated road or a forest or whatever. It's generally a better idea to have people come to you in that RPG, at least until you get your bearings. Lots of specific locations so it's probably wiser to do some background reading on a place before having your character/s pop up there, or simply let others come to you and lead.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby 134Wolf » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Hello everyone, I'm 134Wolf, I have been RPing for... About two or three years now, but only recently got back into it, so I am quite rusty. I am interested in writing, history about World War II and the vehicles and tanks that took place in the ground combat in it, gaming, fishing, animals of any kind (Includes Dinosaurs) and soccer (Football for anyone living outside of the US). I am looking forward to getting back into RPing, and I don't think there is anywhere better to do so!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
134Wolf
Worm
Worm

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:13 am

Welcome to RPGTopia, Wolf. Do feel free to make yourself at home, and don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions. PMing me at any time will get you an answer within half a day on most days. Faster if I happen to be active at the time :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Ailuromancer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:20 pm

My name is Ailuromancer and I am an alcoholic-- wait, what? This isn't one of those kinds of introductions? Very well!

As I said, I am Ailuromancer, which means "Manipulator of Cats." Judging by how a majority of you write and RP, I'm sure you're smart enough to know that! Anyway, I have been looking for a place to RP for a while now (3 months, actually) and I watched a lot of JPOG videos when I was younger, including ones involving Crusher and the website. But... now I'm here, thanks to those videos, and I hope the site is still thriving like it was back then!
Ailuromancer
Worm
Worm

Postby saurus172 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:46 pm

I'd have to say from what I can tell that even though most of us haven't come on in forever, we are still active and we all welcome you open arms, flippers, or whatever else we have! Welcome to the family Ailuromancer!
saurus172
House fly
House fly

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:12 pm

Welcome to the Site, Ailuromancer :).

It's always refreshing to see new members coming in. I look forward to seeing what you have to contribute and gain interacting with the other members. Feel free to send me a Private Message [PM] if you have any questions.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Off-Topic