Discussion about Cultures' contribution to civilization.

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby Doc 42 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:16 pm

Strangly.... yes, they were constantly saying things like "zis look good on you, no." But they didnt have much problem with "that", mostly they messed up "s".

Irelands contibution to the world: a sense of humor and an attitude of "its just a joke" (dont mix this up with our negitive attitude of "its just a pointless and hurtfull joke that isnt funny")
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:47 am

ok. i guessed right. they're Egyptians :roll: .
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby HorseGal » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:56 am

You know, I like the irish. They invented some greats things and have a wicked holiday! Yay St. Patrick's Day!
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby Dinonerd » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:07 am

Doc 42 wrote:The lightbulb, television, holywood, Massive burgers, etc etc. just to name a few of Ameiricas acheivments.
And I would of picked some better bad traits such as: Fat people, War for the fun of it and worset of all EA *shock* *Horror*
And just for KP, the arabs invented writen language, nice little ornaments blah blah blah blah. Britten had the first parliment in Europe, which is a great acheivment.

It was a scotishman that invented the TV, atleast from where i read it.
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:07 pm

Scots man in ameirica.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:03 pm

Ok.....I really don't want to say America created the idiot box because of obvious reasons...

But anywho, alot of cultures made alot of things. I just don't think Arabs made even half the things KP said.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:24 pm

well, go get educated about the subject, then we'll talk...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:49 pm

OH! What are you emplying? That I am not educated? Every region's history books are DIFFERENT, KP. Mine say that the Arabs created very little, probably because we aren't ment to focus on them. My god, don't start flaming mister Webmaster. Not a good thing to do.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:58 pm

i didn't flame. i was simply saying that i'd like you to do an in depth search on the histories of the Scientific branches i mentioned. Maths, Chemistry, Astronomy, Medicine [Vision correcting Glasses, as mentioned earlier, were thanks to the discoveries of an Arab scientist], Philosophy...etc

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Everybody on RPG topia, grrab your popcorn and sit down, Webmaster battling furiously with his seocond in command. Place your bets now!
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:46 pm

:lol:

I looked up "Arab" on Wikipedia and what do you know? No "achievements" category. None. Zip-o. Nadda. Give ME some proof KP. Then we can have a discussion.
TyrannoTitan

Postby mega raptor » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:13 pm

Start by looking up some of things Arabs have done that KP has mentioned, for example, look up the Greek Alphabet.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:55 pm

:lol: Dylan, you had me laughing my head of for 10 whole minutes at that Achievements section comment. that was hilarious :lol: . you cant really expect that to work, can you. i said search on the histories of the sciences. the arabs, like any other nation, have done so much that it would fill several pages on any website to get any sort of detail on them.

my first example: the Greek Alphabet:
Arabic----------Greek
Aliph------------Alpha
Ba'--------------Beta
jeem------------Gamma [probably taken of Egyptian origined Arabic. cant remember]
Dal--------------Delta
...etc.

EDIT: you obviously haven't searched properly. here are a few links. read them properly, then come back and argue... :roll:

http://www.muslimheritage.com/
http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/

note: these 2 are sites i found in less than 15 minutes of proper searching...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Off-Topic