Evolution VS Creationism

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby chook151 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:05 am

I'm sorry for anyone who's annoyed by this, but I don't believe about creationism at all( exept for a creeping awareness of greek gods, no joke).
And if there was a god(s) then I would be greatly disturbed by it. Seriously, if you read some of the things in the stories it says prettymuch: "If you don't beleive in god, you are evil." The people who beleive that are not right, they are kinda idiotic to beleive that. Plus who would wan't a god that gets pissed at you for accidentally ripping a painting of jesus, and when he gets pissed he slowly kills you. Although, I would love the greekies to be real..... Ahh crud, I'm at least right on one thing: Someones gonna reply with a massive counterarguement to this.
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby SuperNerd » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm

This my thoughts about Evolution. Yes i think animals do evolve and change to suit there habitats. But i do think theres a god, but i don't think he is involved much. I think he simply helps push along the procces and he did create the earth using the big bang.
SuperNerd

Postby chook151 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:14 am

Hmm, maybe god was once a man? or is he a planet with a superior intellect? we may never know....
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:22 am

A PLANET?

Planets aren't intelligent. They are made up of millions of different matter, whether it be living things or simply soil, magma, etc.
TyrannoTitan

Postby chook151 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:26 am

A Bio-planet then...
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby C S » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:30 am

TT anything can make sense to creationist as long as they have other proven facts to deny.

Like, in order for the universe to be as young as the bible says, light wouldnt take 10 billions years to reach Earth from our nearest stars excluding the sun. And gravity would also be affected because the universe is huge and expanding, while a young universe would be small, and most likly, in that scenario, the primordial Earth, as well as the rest of the solar system, would be sucked into the sun. And thats one fact that cant be disproven- unless I see someone do a venom jump...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby chook151 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:12 am

Hey, did you read my 2nd last post? i'm not a creationist. I was just trying to show what some people seem to be thinking.
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby C S » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:22 pm

How can you possibly show what someone else is thinking? Your not a creationist so you cant possibly see the "truth" in the bible as they see, even with the evidense stacking against it. And those ideas are proposterous, but then again, most of the things creationists claim are proposterous (No, literally, I met one that said scientists disproved evolution. WTF? LMAO) but back on the subject, I never said "chook" I said creationists, so why'd you assosiate yourself with them?
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby SuperNerd » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:02 am

Just to tell everybody im all for Evolution, Creationism has no proof.
SuperNerd

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:48 am

no kidding SN. Im not saying im offended, but isnt this whole debate sacreligious? its basically saying that the christian point of view is right and all the others are wrong in a way... no offense to anybody, just thought id point that out...
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:07 am

The time when a priests word was gospel... wait.... bad place to use that saying.

The time when a priests word meant **** all (much better) has long since passed. In order for Christians to hold their faith, they must make their own decisions based on their own thoughts. Its rare to find two Christians with the exact same belief. If one were to decide that everything in the bible was law, it would be much harder to justify the faith. Instead, you must mix and match the parts you like.

However, there are people out there who take the bible as law, often extremists. Just as there are people like that in all religions. (cept Buddhism, seeing as all they really believe in is peace and harmony, no creative gods or nothing)

Just to tell everybody i'm all for Evolution, Creationism has no proof.

Its a 3000 year old philosophy. Trying to prove it is like trying to convince the world to give up electricity.
the only reason science holds the crown of logic at the moment is because of Christianities unwillingness to evolve and adapt, which is what science is all about. Evolving your knowledge and adapting it to new discoveries.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu May 21, 2009 10:59 pm

The search for a direct connection between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom has taken 200 years - but it was presented to the world today at a special news conference in New York.

The discovery of the 95%-complete 'lemur monkey' - dubbed Ida - is described by experts as the "eighth wonder of the world".

They say its impact on the world of palaeontology will be "somewhat like an asteroid falling down to Earth".

Researchers say proof of this transitional species finally confirms Charles Darwin's theory of evolution, and the then radical, outlandish ideas he came up with during his time aboard the Beagle.

Sir David Attenborough said Darwin "would have been thrilled" to have seen the fossil - and says it tells us who we are and where we came from.

Source.
Source Dos.

Now watch as Creationists refuse to believe it/claim they know better then scientists.

Behold the Lemur-Human...thing...
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Thu May 21, 2009 11:43 pm

ya, there was a documentry on this on history channel

creationists would say it's coincidence or some sh*t
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Tediz » Fri May 22, 2009 12:15 am

*Resists urge to say something he shouldn't*

Bleh...

You know, people like that are the reason the rest of us are branded idiots by the rest of the world :cry:
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Giratina93 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:40 am

Now what do we have here?

Judging from the picture alone, the fossil seems to be from an extinct species of lemur, which have never been thought of as part of the link between Man and ape. Also, I'm trying to spot anything in there that is halfway between lemur and man. Everything there lokks 100% lemur. Can someone point out anything in there that resembles a transitional form like a leg or an arm?

Something tells me that this will either...

1. Turn out to be a hoax. (Piltdown man)

2. Fossils found around it will disprove the missing link theory. (Austrailopithicus Afrancis)

3. Will turn out to be just a primate or some other animal. (Rampapiticus, Nebraska Man)

All past "Missing Links" fall into one of these catagories, and eventually, so will this find

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri May 22, 2009 3:38 am

Thank you for confirming every part of my predictions, Gira :P

And, if ACTUAL SCIENTISTS think its a missing link, its a missing link. They've been studying the damn thing for 2 years, they just now confirmed that yes, it is the missing link.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Tediz » Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 pm

Well... I don't really believe in that stuff.

But if it is true... I'd much rather be descendant from that badass looking thing than a bigfoot.
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Giratina93 » Fri May 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Actually, TT, I'm just pointing out that, up to this point in time, every "Missing Link" has turned out to be something else.

Also, when Piltdown Man was discovered in 1910's, the top leading scientists of that time thought of it as a missing link, and they had the evidence to back it up. 40 years later, it turned out to be an elaborate hoax.

Look. I'm not claiming to know more than the scientists do. I'm just not one who instantly jumps to conclusions about new finds, like most scientists these days. I wish that there were more paleontologists around like Barnum Brown and Charles Marsh.

One other thing I've noticed is that most people think that we have descendd from apes. Actually, the main Evolutionary Scientist body has years ago come to the conclusion that man and apes share a common ancestor.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby C S » Fri May 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Gira...please, for the love of (insert deity here) tell me you did NOT just look at the fossil and try to go CSI and deem it's not the missing link

READ IT

A 40 million year old creature is EXACTLY where the transition between ape and man ocurred, because no human nor ape fossils that share human characteristics have been found from the time period until now

Ida, the pet name for the fossil, has human like nails, a bone in the feet that we, humans, still have, and some other common bone that we still have

voila, I give you the missing link
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri May 22, 2009 8:01 pm

Exactly what CS said. But a 1910 investigation does NOT equal a 2009 study.

You can't just make them exactly the same, we have LOADS more technology nowadays, which means its a LOT harder for scientists to make mistakes.

I could understand reluctance if they pulled this fossil out from the ground and went "YEP, ITS THE REAL DEAL". But this is a study that has been going on for 2 years now. I think they know what they are saying...
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic