Evolution VS Creationism

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:35 pm

I don't beilive it evolved at all. I just beilive instinces of natural selection happen here and there. And it's a very limited ouccurince. Many rules to it.

And I ask this: is it logical to beilive every single organism of today evolved from one single cell? How is that supposed to even slightly make sence?
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby C S » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:38 pm

I ask this: WHY WOULD ANYONE BELIVE SOME GUY DECIDED TO MAKE HUMANS AND THEN DISSAPEAR!?

I agree with KP, god made Earth and let evelution occur.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Zephyr » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:43 am

Your right RL, about natural selection but its not really instincts, its more along the lines of luck when a species first starts to evolve.

If you have a herd of primitive giraffes, no long necks, They cant survive. However, genetic traits in a few members of the group will lead them to having long necks. IF by chance they breed, the next generation will have those long necks, and so on through each generation, providing that the long necked giraffes breed with other long necked giraffes, while the short necked giraffes die because they cant reach there food.

eventually the herd is composed entirely of long necked giraffes and then luck has no story with the long necks of future generations.
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:50 pm

Zephyr wrote:Your right RL, about natural selection but its not really instincts, its more along the lines of luck when a species first starts to evolve.

And see thats were your wrong. THe whole evolution theory is that animals evolve to get this. ADAPT. Mankind hasevoved from midgets because we damn well weren't that googd when we were small. And when you don't need to evolve, you don't evolve much, but it still happens.

Evolution is all about animals being smart, animals being instinctive, animals adapting. Lets say you put a snow lepord in hte dessert, what would happen? It can't survive like tht, over generations it would change, body would get lighter to adapt to the sand, legs would grow longer for more speed, water storage in some way, all of that stuff leading up to a new species.

And RL yes I belive single cell organisims evolved into animals, and hell, why not? If your gbarely surviving on the surface of a rock your natural intent is to grow. Over millions of years, perhaps even longer than the dinosaur age and ice age combined, cells evolved. And seriously have you looked at a fish and some single cell organisims. THey have the same principles. Almost, and they look alot alike especially those primitive fish, no link species has been found, but really you can't get any proof of that because it is so long ago. And Cells do everything animals do, did you know that? I think you did, they hunt they eat they fight they reproduce they, guess what? Survive, and that is exactly what evolution is about, survival. Not some randome religion's god making the entire planet because he said so.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:15 pm

You put a snow lepord in a dessert, we would have to have the genes to adapt to the desert. His offspring would be very similar. But, of cource, it would change slightly. Such as humans get stronger lungs if they were born in the mountains. Slight variations, but not enough to be considered a whole new species. Maybe a sub-species.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby C S » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:25 pm

well, snowleapord sheds its fur, mates while having hit's fur shed, the new offspring now have lighter, dessert adapted coats which are perfected after millions of years
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Zephyr » Thu May 01, 2008 11:21 am

Once again RL's right it has to do with the genes

Besides the leapord itself would have to survive before more generation could be made.

If there is a genetic mutation that makes the snowleapord more tolerant to the dessert than others of its kind then it will survive and then it breeds in the dessert, over each generation they will become even more tolerant.
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby TyrantTR » Thu May 01, 2008 1:25 pm

Once again RL's right it has to do with the genes

Besides the leapord itself would have to survive before more generation could be made.

If there is a genetic mutation that makes the snowleapord more tolerant to the dessert than others of its kind then it will survive and then it breeds in the dessert, over each generation they will become even more tolerant.
First in replying to the genes part.

No. No. nononononononononono. No. Incorrect. The genes don't just stay put and go all: "Well howedyho." Godamnit no. Genes change, They adapt they change for your enviorment. And don't dout me on that. As everyone should know there is recessive Genes too, the ones that are booted out. But what happens when the genes are altered. Behavior is a gene in my eyes, if a snow lepord started hunting camel, it's babies would probably do the same, and even then it would care for and train it's babies, until there is even an actuall population, and what do populations do? They change some more until they are just right for there enviorment.

Now what I don't get is why RL says god created the animals and then they slowly change. And how he says he only belives in the small changes when the smallest changes in evolution are what turn into the biggest changes. In the dinosaur world how many have seen an animal similar to the Rex? It was in the same time period just a bit after. Trex Bataar (Don't think he egsists anymore though), Tarbosaurus, Daspletosaurs. What about the spinosaurs? Suchomimus, Irrator, Baryonx. They all look alike, Small changes go to big changes, was rex evolving? Hell yeah, did it sucsessfully evolve at the end? no. I belive only the smaller animals made it to become birds. Evolution always happens it keeps hapening, and it really will not stop.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Zephyr » Thu May 01, 2008 1:54 pm

no, i think i know what im talking about since this is something ive been learning since i was ten

genes are inherited genetic traits, recessive genes are the same
hunting camels is not a gene that is knowledge, knowledge is passed down it has to be relearned by later generations

genes dont do that and they only change when a new generation is born the genes they inherit change to make that individual unique
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu May 01, 2008 6:04 pm

Zephyr wrote:no, i think i know what im talking about since this is something ive been learning since i was ten

genes are inherited genetic traits, recessive genes are the same
hunting camels is not a gene that is knowledge, knowledge is passed down it has to be relearned by later generations

genes dont do that and they only change when a new generation is born the genes they inherit change to make that individual unique

Correct. But they use the knowledge of their surrondings and such to slowly adapt their species as a whole, through their offspring.

I've said my opinion on this debate, and I have nothing else to say while others are saying dinosaurs lived with humans. So to avoid unintentional insults, I'm done for now.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Raptor Llama » Thu May 01, 2008 8:19 pm

Also... how is one species in a new enviornment going to survive long enough to last millions of years? These changes have to happen quicker, or they would simply die out.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Anaclagon » Thu May 01, 2008 9:28 pm

But they have to survive, mate then change can happen

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:38 am

-snip-
Last edited by Evil Eye on Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby C S » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:11 pm

same here.I think there is a greater power, well, i believe so, but evelution maks the most sense. The evidense is there and it strongly supports the theory. I think te bible, though it sorta hurts to say, is stories made up by confused people trying to make sense of the world with the limited resource they had, their skills of perception
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Lolburst » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:33 am

Raptor Llama wrote:Also... how is one species in a new enviornment going to survive long enough to last millions of years? These changes have to happen quicker, or they would simply die out.

If a very plant dependent species entered to life, and consumed plants alot, all fruitless plants would have fruits that can quickly to get into other places, by wind, or if eaten by other smaller species. It also depends how much the plants are consumed: Wasting would make them produce dandelions and other other fast transport styles. But I find it more plausible to have tasty fruits for the plants, which would cause the aforementioned transport by smaller species, and this would keep the plant dependent species appetite undisturbed.
Lolburst
Worm
Worm

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:24 pm

Compy Scavenger wrote:same here.I think there is a greater power, well, i believe so, but evelution maks the most sense. The evidense is there and it strongly supports the theory. I think te bible, though it sorta hurts to say, is stories made up by confused people trying to make sense of the world with the limited resource they had, their skills of perception

bible? heck no im not christian, but ya religion is just mans solution to what they cant answer. i believe the greater power is not in the form of a person or being, but just some occurence or matter in a form that we cannot possibly imagine cause we've never seen anything like it
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Lolburst wrote:
Raptor Llama wrote:Also... how is one species in a new enviornment going to survive long enough to last millions of years? These changes have to happen quicker, or they would simply die out.

If a very plant dependent species entered to life, and consumed plants alot, all fruitless plants would have fruits that can quickly to get into other places, by wind, or if eaten by other smaller species. It also depends how much the plants are consumed: Wasting would make them produce dandelions and other other fast transport styles. But I find it more plausible to have tasty fruits for the plants, which would cause the aforementioned transport by smaller species, and this would keep the plant dependent species appetite undisturbed.

I have little to know idea what you just said.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Shade » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:03 pm

I am religous so I choose Creation. The one thing I don't like is the thought that Eve might've been created from Adam's rib and that the Serpent was a bad guy when he made the best gift in the world... mortality.
Sugar. Spice. Everything twice. I'm the left and the right, in a word: Nice.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:52 am

In the eyes of the church, free thinking and self will are the biggest demons of all time. Hence the shepard and his flock metaphor. Shepard leads. Sheep obey without question.

Now, this is coming from an aithiests perspective, so don't crucify me for sounding blasphamous, but to me, the Serpant could be compared to a white person campaigning for equal rights between black people and white people in south africa, a few decades ago, when they were not equal. They embraced the black population, and from that, were imprisoned and shunned by their own, white, people.
That could be compared to the serpant tempting adam and eve, giving them the freedom of choice to believe and do what they want, as punishment, the serpant was cursed.

As for Eve being born from Adams rib. Why do you think that in the catholic church only men can be preists? The church is largely biased towards men, and as in all chances, the story of creation is half fact half theory, it reflects those beliefs
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Shade » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:27 am

I'm just thinking. What if the Serpent wasn't the bad guy? What if he did actually tell them that they were eventually going to die? And he gave them the choice to eat the fruit or not. That is both a disturbing and thoughtful concept, in my opinion.
Sugar. Spice. Everything twice. I'm the left and the right, in a word: Nice.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic