Evolution VS Creationism

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:17 am

i dont believe in evolution off the basis that creationism doesnt, theres just so much more evidense pointing toward evolution. im not even sure i believe in god or religious beliefs anymore in fact, after reading a lot of this stuff, despite having a religion... sigh...
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:02 am

Tediz...its kinda really, really stupid to jump into a heated debate about Evolution VS Religion, to only say "I don't like these discussions"...

Its like standing in front of a cannon ready to fire :P
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:16 pm

OK people, get it straight

Evolution: The adaptations of a species to an enviroment to better the chances of said species' survival AKA Natrual Selection

Evolution by it's self has little to do with DNA, except when a member of a species has a mutation. That mutatation, if hereitary, can be passed down to the next generation, but mutations, like an extra foot/ mouth ETC can do more harm than good...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Tediz » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:18 pm

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:Tediz...its kinda really, really stupid to jump into a heated debate about Evolution VS Religion, to only say "I don't like these discussions"...

Its like standing in front of a cannon ready to fire :P

Well... It's hard to stay away from them. :oops: ...
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:19 pm

btw cs i couldnt understand ur post are you creation or evolution. :?
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby SuperNerd » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:11 pm

i belive in eveloution
SuperNerd

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Tediz wrote:Obviously? What's obvious about it? Because you look different you can't have similar DNA codes?

... Well there you go. The creatures of Earth aren't that different... If evolution were real there would be at least one purple bunny on earth. Or something.

WERE IS THE PURPLE BUNNY?! HMM?! WERE I ASK YOU?!

Please tell me the Advantages of a purple bunny.
As, evolution is about improvement. Nothing ever degrades. Sure, individual traits might degrade, but as long as the overall product is a more successful animal, it will pass on.

Your problem it seems, is that you are taking evolution as a creative force. Something that causes stuff to happen. It is nothing of the sort. Evolution is merely a term used to describe natural selection over a long period of time. Natural selection being that the most successful survive.

Now. If a bunny RANDOMLY was purple (which would make no sense, considering its normal colours and diet) How effective would it be in terms of camoflauge? Not at all. If a predator showed up, it would be the first to die.
Therefore: ending any possibility of a species of purple bunnies showing up.

Evolution is all about chance.
If something is slightly better camouflaged than its peers, its got a slightly better chance. If its slightly slower, then its got a slightly worse chance.

Thing is, EVERY bunny thats born will be slightly different, just as every human is. But it won't be the difference between a child and another child, it will be the difference between a child and its parent.

That change could be being slightly faster, growing slightly faster, growing more hair, having better hearing, having longer whiskers, what ever. If the bunny who grows faster survives and the others dont (or even if they do) When that bunny grows older and mates, its kids are going to grow at a similar speed, therefore, changing the growth speed of bunnies. Clearly it wont effect the entire species, only one family. But over millions of years as these bunnies survive more than their peers, they begin to take over.

Now. If you say that no bunny ever grows faster than another bunny, you have no brain, or have never talked to someone who owns bunnies.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:49 pm

like i said theres nothing to support creationism. someone give me an iota of evidence for it (and not something that puts down evolution, name me something that backs up creation).
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:03 pm

SuperNerd wrote:i belive in eveloution

You do? Sorry, but we aren't talking about eveloution, we are talking about evolution. But sure, believe in your eveloution, that's fine, but if you're going to put it here, at least write more then four words, three of which are either misspelled or written in the wrong way.

Now I'm not going to address everything said, because I don't have the time. I'm doing a lot right now, and I don't feel like spending 10-30 minutes addressing everything said. Maybe I'll get back to it later. But, if you've got a mic, and you want to argue vocally, you can PM me and we can do that. But right now, I feel like playing some RPG's or going on some other sites, so for now, I'm taking a break from this thread.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby C S » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:14 pm

You do? Sorry, but we aren't talking about eveloution

Lay off man, not everything you said made sense (well, hardly anything you said made sense) so dont go ranking on people because they mispelt something

christ (no irony)

I support evolution

Evolution makes sense, and not going "god made dis"

Or if your going to say "god made dis" give proof

the bible or any other "divine" text isnt proof

so what happens to your "divine knowledge?"

It goes poof
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:19 pm

exactly CS, there is zero proof to back it up... EVO FTW!
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:19 pm

Relax, it was a joke. And I said I would take a break from this thread, but before I leave...

The "Jesus Christ" "Christ" "Oh God" (no pun/irony intended) jokes are getting old. It may have been funny the first time, but now it's just lame. And repetitive.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:21 pm

i dun think hes doing it on purpose, when he says like o god hes expressing himself, and doesnt want ppl to think hes making fun of the thread
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:26 pm

Raptor Llama wrote:
SuperNerd wrote:i belive in eveloution

You do? Sorry, but we aren't talking about eveloution, we are talking about evolution. But sure, believe in your eveloution, that's fine, but if you're going to put it here, at least write more then four words, three of which are either misspelled or written in the wrong way.

Yes, RL, you don't have to be a f*cking twat about this. Supernerd simply expressed his beliefs, and you pick on a simple misspelling. Me AND CS responded to you about Evolution and Creationism, THE ORIGINAL TOPIC, and instead of continuing, you pick on someone who misspelled a word?

This is a sensitive subject, yes, but you can't act like a douchebag every time we argue...If you don't want to argue, get out of this topic.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:48 pm

As I already stated, it was a joke. Joke meaning satirical. Satirical meaning not to be taken seriously. Not to be taking seriously meaning no need to drop f bombs. I don't mean to offend him in any way, just having some fun with good 'ole misspellings. Just like on some other places I've traveled. Best one so far is shotgum.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:52 pm

There's a big difference between joking and just being an a**hole, and a very fine line which separates the two.

Apparently you weren't clear enough about the "joke" when originally posted, otherwise, the three of us wouldn't have thought of it as an insult to Supernerd...

Back on topic, none the less.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Tediz » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:53 pm

Doc 42 wrote:
Tediz wrote:Obviously? What's obvious about it? Because you look different you can't have similar DNA codes?

... Well there you go. The creatures of Earth aren't that different... If evolution were real there would be at least one purple bunny on earth. Or something.

WERE IS THE PURPLE BUNNY?! HMM?! WERE I ASK YOU?!

Please tell me the Advantages of a purple bunny.
As, evolution is about improvement. Nothing ever degrades. Sure, individual traits might degrade, but as long as the overall product is a more successful animal, it will pass on.

Your problem it seems, is that you are taking evolution as a creative force. Something that causes stuff to happen. It is nothing of the sort. Evolution is merely a term used to describe natural selection over a long period of time. Natural selection being that the most successful survive.

Now. If a bunny RANDOMLY was purple (which would make no sense, considering its normal colours and diet) How effective would it be in terms of camoflauge? Not at all. If a predator showed up, it would be the first to die.
Therefore: ending any possibility of a species of purple bunnies showing up.

Evolution is all about chance.
If something is slightly better camouflaged than its peers, its got a slightly better chance. If its slightly slower, then its got a slightly worse chance.

Thing is, EVERY bunny thats born will be slightly different, just as every human is. But it won't be the difference between a child and another child, it will be the difference between a child and its parent.

That change could be being slightly faster, growing slightly faster, growing more hair, having better hearing, having longer whiskers, what ever. If the bunny who grows faster survives and the others dont (or even if they do) When that bunny grows older and mates, its kids are going to grow at a similar speed, therefore, changing the growth speed of bunnies. Clearly it wont effect the entire species, only one family. But over millions of years as these bunnies survive more than their peers, they begin to take over.

Now. If you say that no bunny ever grows faster than another bunny, you have no brain, or have never talked to someone who owns bunnies.

Uhh... I already said it was a joke. No need to explain it to me. And I didn't say that Bunnies never grow faster than each other :shock: .

... No offense but you're making me feel like an idiot.
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby SuperNerd » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:07 pm

hey raptor lama you don't have to be a ******* . So i spelled one word wrong, im not the best speller in the world.

Anyway i was simply expressing my thoughts. it dosnt mean i have to go into details. I belive in evolution its as simple as that.
SuperNerd

Postby C S » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:13 pm

could be because you your self look like one

No seriously, your argument was like...wow

I said you were looking for the Easter bunny (wow, the irony ofthat is overwhelming)

anyways, this topic seems to be getting old. The issues have been addressed. Now its just a religous debate and correcting misconseptions about Evolution...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:26 pm

Uhh... I already said it was a joke. No need to explain it to me. And I didn't say that Bunnies never grow faster than each other :shock: .

... No offense but you're making me feel like an idiot.

No offence taken, or meant my good friend. The bunnies were an example. Joke or no Joke, you posted it in the dreaded evo v Creationism topic. You could say "ha! Creationism is false because George bush believes in it! and he is ALWAYS wrong!" And people would take you completely seriously.

edit: And Cs, quiet you D: <
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic