Evolution VS Creationism

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby Raptor Llama » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:55 pm

but adam and eve could do anything they wanted... except eat from the tree. And the snake brought sin into the world, and gave everything the ability to die. If the serpent (really Lucifer in snake form) didn't come, know one would ever die, and everyone would be happy. And top notch healthy. And no one would sin, because sin wasn't in existence.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:19 pm

anything they wanted

Everything except live their life how they want to live it.

Would you sacrifice your individuality just for immortality? Thats like signing away your life to pharmacutical company. I believe that it is our right to sin. Not necessarily that it is good, but the right to decide that for ourselves.

When it comes down to it, if it wasn't for the serpant, we may aswell be robots.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Raptor Llama » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:07 pm

sinning is never positive. Shouting, "F*** you mutha f***er f*** f***" and throwing rocks at people and smoking and doing crack and etc. isn't going to positively help you in the long run. Sin leads to anger, hate, which leads to racism, and a lot of other things. If the serpent didn't come, we could live forever, as well as eat as much as we wanted, played, laughed, make stuff, be happy. We wouldn't suffer, we wouldn't have all these problems that now plague us. If everyone was joyful, and no sin was committed, we would be care free. We could relax forever. No pain, suffering. And people we loved would never die, and lots of problems of this world wouldn't be. You say it's our right to sin. Sin has a consequence. Death. Hell. If it's are right to burn forever, with pain, with every wrong we committed stuffed in our face, we would be very not well off.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Shade » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:18 pm

But that's the beauty of it, without death, grief, and pain, we can never truely appreciate earths small and great joys. Sort of like, the deeper the sorrow the more our hearts sing. And I'd rather have death, pain, and sorrow than being lead on a rope.
Sugar. Spice. Everything twice. I'm the left and the right, in a word: Nice.
Shade
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:38 pm

Eat as much as we want? isnt that a sin? Known as greed?
No sin, so we CANT eat as much as we want. If it wasn't for sin, we would be like animals, living to grow up, eat breed and then die. Or in the case of immortality, go through a loop of eatting and breeding for ever.

There is alot more to sin than breaking human laws and being rude. it is a sin to want something someone else has, meaning if you dont have it, you dont deserve it. if you aren't born rich, you shouldnt be rich.

Ambition, is a sin.

Feelings are what make us human. I for one, would never part with my humanity. IIRC after eatting the fruit, adam and eve realised they were naked, and were ashamed. the fruit gave them feelings.

You say the people we love would never die? well thats a bit of a paradox, as we wouldnt love anyone. they would just be another human another part of the system.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:42 pm

eating as much as you want is not greed, greed is when you selfishly take stuff. But with unlimited food, there's enough to go around, so nothing really matters in that respect. Being a puppet is like not having any free will. They could do whatever. But really, it doesn't matter, God knew this would happen, and what really matters is the apocalypse. Revelation. End of the world. Because that's were it effects us. But then again, that has little to do with creation vs. evolution, and what we are currently discussing also has little to do with creation vs. evolution. It's a whole different argument.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby C S » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:54 pm

eating as much as you want is not greed, greed is when you selfishly take stuff. But with unlimited food, there's enough to go around, so nothing really matters in that respect.

It's gluttony, and their stomachs would burst...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:45 pm

Compy Scavenger wrote:It's gluttony, and their stomachs would burst...

Your forgetting immortality.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby C S » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:48 pm

who'd wanna live with their intesines and stomach hanging about
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Different context, same topic.

We cant do what ever we want, as we cant sin.
+
we wouldnt have need for anything. Therefore.

we would still be naked
we would have no electricity
we would have no computers, no games, no internet
No books
No toys
No watches
No nothing.

We could do what ever we want? And what do you want to do? Run around the garden of eden shouting madly and jumping on stuff? Oh wait, isnt that a sin?
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Dinonerd » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:02 pm

Doc 42 wrote:Recently I just decided that if god exists, he is sadly rather stupid. So its easyir to belive that he doesnt exist. I used to belive what TT [Dylan] does, but I just kept on altering it until I couldnt belive it anymore.

I know im quoting a very old psot but get over it.

Doc 42 you can't hate God because you keep changing how you think of things, that is like me hating my teacher because I keep changing how i read questions.

Doc 42 wrote:Different context, same topic.

We cant do what ever we want, as we cant sin.
+
we wouldnt have need for anything. Therefore.

we would still be naked
we would have no electricity
we would have no computers, no games, no internet
No books
No toys
No watches
No nothing.

We could do what ever we want? And what do you want to do? Run around the garden of eden shouting madly and jumping on stuff? Oh wait, isnt that a sin?

Doc 42 you can clearly be seen as having trouble understanding the bible, the bible does not say man can not sin. God created man with free will because he loves his creations. And obviously man rebelled and started to sin because of their own selfish ways and the impression Satan left on man while in the garden on Eden. Man is able to control every decision they make and God will not force any man to change their decision, but if people do not ask God for forgiveness they will be rejected to enter his kingdom and will be thrown into the fire.
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Doc 42 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:50 am

Doc 42 you can clearly be seen as having trouble understanding the bible, the bible does not say man can not sin.

If god created man with the intention of allowing them to do what they want, why is man condemned to hell for the very act of doing what they want?

Wouldnt it make more sense to show them the error of their way?

For an example, back to the garden of Eden!
Man was told not eat the fruit of the tree.
Man was young then, infact, about a week old

If you take a 5 year old, show them a flower and then tell them its illegal to pick the flower, chances are they will end up picking it out of the ground out of curiosity (I speak from experiance, observing this between my cousin and aunt awhile back on a hike)

Now, that was more of a case of said young child picking the flower out of A) curiosity or B) wanting attention.

Now, imagine if you told the 5 year old that there was so little of those flowers left that picking just one of them could damage the whole species and kill them all, then that kid aint gona go near it.

So there i ask you. If God gave us freewill, why did he simply impose a senseless rule onto us, instead of explaining the reasoning behind that rule.
The key to makeing sure a rule is obeyed, is convincing people that the rule is necessary.

So I ask you. Why in the world did he simply say "don't pick mah fruit D:<"
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby C S » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:19 am

Last edited by C S on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Huntress » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:56 pm

So I ask you. Why in the world did he simply say "don't pick mah fruit D:<"

God did tell them. It was the stupid snake that did it. And anyways we've strayed far from God. I mean, look where we are. Sure we've "inproved"
but now we just sin constanly.
~Huntress~
Huntress
House fly
House fly

Postby C S » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:24 pm

If we're so smart, we know right from wrong. And nothing outside our minds can make us do anything. (Dont say getting to do something at knife/ gun point, cause thats fear, not our judegment)

And god basically went "Dont touch ma fruit D:<" for no appearant reason
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Huntress » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Ya, but plenty of people have feared God. And have done things willingly to prove thier faith to God. God told Abraham (not the president) to kill his only son. He did. And proving his faith to God, God gave him back his son.
~Huntress~
Huntress
House fly
House fly

Postby C S » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:32 pm

......Thats more proof to say the bible is retarded. Im officially Athiest
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Huntress wrote:Ya, but plenty of people have feared God. And have done things willingly to prove thier faith to God. God told Abraham (not the president) to kill his only son. He did. And proving his faith to God, God gave him back his son.

Faith? Yeah right honestly (as an opinion not religeon bashing here)
If god existed exactly as christians potray it he's one self centered jack***
Adamn and Eve:Whats the moral: Obey me or I'll ruin your life.
Joesephs many coat of colors: Don't be an egomaniac or god will sell you to some slaves and then turn you into the emperor.

Seriously then he sacraficed his "son" for what?

Oh yeah pushing relegions and accuseing others of sinning. Honestly if I was an honest creator of the universe I wouldn't be saying: "Convert and you'll be in heaven worship buda and screw you."

Now if you want to talk about evolution well...
It makes sence.

To religeous people this is how it goes (like CS video)
Stuff is complicated, so god must have made it.

Now for evolutionists it's
Stuff is complicated there most be a logical reason for it.

You can all decide what make sence for you but I think I'm done with this conversation.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Huntress » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:00 am

Well what do you want him to do?? A card trick!!! Boy can't wait for that!!
~Huntress~
Huntress
House fly
House fly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:07 am

Just because you were brought up believing in god, doesn't mean you can say "He's in the bible, he's real". It doesn't work. I believe in god by my own choice, because I WANT to believe there is a higher power, but I also believe the bible, excluding the idea of Jesus and god, is full of sh*t, and evolution is the only sensible reason for life.

Adam and Eve is impossible. God wouldn't give us the "generic bypass card" just so we can inbreed. It doesn't work, and it never will.

The only real way to decide this would be if God DID openly prove his existence, and I don't mean a book that could've been made by some nutjob.
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic