EASTER holidays!

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

What fo you think of easter?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:43 am

I love easter
100%
I wish I HAD easter
No votes

Total votes : 4

EASTER holidays!

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:43 am

YAY first day of the holidays. For anyone not informed easter is the celebration of a day when chocolate bunnys fell out of a mistereious "something" in the sky. J/King but no seriously?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:19 pm

lol. you forgot an "neither" option :P . a "glad i dont have it" option :P . why? it's pointless IMO. celebrate chocolate eggs. go get yourself a Kinder Surprise and be done with it :roll:
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:43 pm

Let me rephrase. 2 weeks off school, and people buy you choclate?
How bad?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:47 pm

well, i think i'd rather have less minor holidays to make room for studying, which, in turn, means i'll end the school year faster and get a longer spring break/summer holiday [whichever you preffer to call it]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:50 pm

We get summer holidays 1 june. how about you, and as for studying, study for what? are you doing your leaving cert or something?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:17 pm

general studying [im currently studying for the 2 exams i mentioned earlier, in a different topic]. 10th grade over here [in Kuwait. not sure about other countries] is the most difficult year in the school system, because we take it easy from first until 9th, being behind most other systems. at least, that's what i think...anyway, once we hit 10th grade, we get hit with 3 new subjects and an important boost to one of the old ones, maknig things much more difficult. the fact that we're doing twice as much science as we did before 10th makes life very difficult. it doesn't help that at the end of the year we have to memorize the books for the exams. im talking about 100-250 page books, in subjects like maths, arabic and science! and we need to memorize it and understand it PERFECTLY!!! :shock:
no leaving certificate or anything. this is normal school work. i have another 2 years before i go to Uni [if i manage to pass. my work and luck hasn't failed me yet, and im hoping it'll stay that way...]. as for Uni, im planning to go to the UK. i doubt i'll be anywhere near getting into Oxford, but there are other good ones...

as for the summer holiday, it starts somewhere near the end of June, start of July. it slowly changes every year. and it's my first year in Highschool, so im not sure how much extra im going to be spending in school...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:23 pm

Easter is when Christ rose from the dead, people! It's not just some chocolate holiday! Gawd.
TyrannoTitan

Postby HorseGal » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:27 pm

I like Easter, not only because of all the chocolate and hard boiled eggs, but because it is a day to celebrate the resurrection.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:39 pm

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:Easter is when Christ rose from the dead, people! It's not just some chocolate holiday! Gawd.

lol I know but I perfer the holiday
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Return to Off-Topic