Global warming

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Global warming

Postby Dinonerd » Fri May 11, 2007 6:02 am

Ok lets start a debate about global warming :D

Personally i am not scared of it since the Earth naturally goes into an ice age after it heats up, it has happened before. Basically the Earth heats up and then when it reaches a point it then drops rapidly into an ice age. It kind of heals itself :?
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Fri May 11, 2007 7:51 am

that's one of the fears: that it'll drop too rapidly and too severely for us to adapt to it [imagine how the people in the hotter regions, like Kuwait in the middle east, for instance, will feel! well...most of them'll be glad to get rid of it...id just be plain angry. i like heat! (i have been nicknamed the Scorpion, Reptile and other nicknames that have something to do with extreme heat, because i like it so much and cant stand having the AC on in a room)]. also, we're worried about how the sudden tempreture changes will effect other animals. some animals will freeze to death. wait no, correction, MOST animals will freeze to death. and that's how we'd end up facing yet another problem: World Hunger. see what i mean?
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:28 am

Well the earth constantly heats and cools every few thousand years and its not going to stop just beacuse we are here, so i dont think there is much we can do about it.............
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Fri May 11, 2007 9:37 am

our existence is speeding it up though, because of all the CO2 and other poisonous gasses we're producing, which is what's causing the "greenhouse effect" here. eventually, the Earth will reach a point where it's like Venus, with the poison levels so high that life is impossible the way it is...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri May 11, 2007 10:11 am

Ture it is speeding up but I dont think we will reach Venus level. Well hopefully..........
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby mega raptor » Fri May 11, 2007 10:58 am

It won't, but global warming is not a natural thing, it's never happened like this. Carbon dioxide is way above normal the normal 300 parts per million (about 383 right now), because we're destroying trees and burning coal and gasoline. West Antarctica is breaking up, and so is Greenland, and if either breaks up and melts, that's 20 feet of water, all over the planet.
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Fri May 11, 2007 3:02 pm

personally i don't care much about it,you can't do nothing about,say 1000 people leave the power off for one day? what will make the diffrence,such actions are worthless in my eyes,we all going to die once,and the world will go down once,you can't stop it only delay it
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Dinonerd » Sat May 12, 2007 2:16 am

We are speeding it up but Earth will hit another ice age, it does this naturally and we can't stop it. My friend thinks there won't be another one because we have changed the Earth too much, so i said to him to stop clouds being formed and he just suddenly gave up and stopped talking :D
RIP Steve

RIP Zyzz
Dinonerd
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat May 12, 2007 9:42 am

Hey at least we won't be around for it to happen which I am glad. Think about it, the dinosaurs all supposedly died out in the fire and now we'll die by water and then whatever dominant species comes after us then they will die by something from Earth and then so forth something afterward by some wind. Hey i'm just trying to ease up everyone here. I hate it too, I still think we can stop it though.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby The Kingpin » Sat May 12, 2007 1:16 pm

we're most likely going to be the longest lasting species of all. and we cant stop global warming, as it happens naturally as the Earth's polarity switches [from north to south] and earths rotation slows [which weakens the atmosphere keeping the Sun's rays away]. but by buring fuel and oil...etc, we're making the atmosphere thicker, keeping the sun's rays and heat IN rather than letting it go up towards the outter atmosphere and then outside of the planet's range. we cant stop it, but by reducing what we do to the earth as far as smoke and pollution goes, we can slow it down...

im not fearing the global warming factor of it though.what im fearing us the religious mention of this occurance and what it could mean...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat May 12, 2007 2:19 pm

That's a good point KP. Let's hope this is not what they call the Apocalypse. Still there is going to be some dominate species to take over man. Our population on Earth is constantly rising to a certain point where it could involve a Population explosion where we are reduced to only a few putting us to the brink of extinction.

Slowing it down won't remove the fear and terror though, we are only sustaining our planet for as long as possible. I can only hope that we find that we can breed plant life on Mars, it maybe our only hope, already we have found Water there, who knows? I still want the Earth to last.

Still the Earth will be eaten by the sun in several billion years at least we won't be around to witness it.

As a Catholic, I like to believe that there is a heaven or some afterlife to go to afterward. I do fear death. I still have much to live for at the moment.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Sat May 12, 2007 3:18 pm

As an ex-catholic I laugh in the face od death and say come eat me if you dare! Mainly bacause that death doesnt exisit. I dont think there will be an Apoccolypse. I dont think that god will drown the earth or blow it up. I think Humans will live for pretty much ever. But that doesnt matter, I will live my life without fear of appocolypse beacuse if it comes, whats the point of panicing, your gona die anyway may aswell have fun.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrantTR » Sun May 13, 2007 8:06 pm

"The apocolypse ha already come, your just in denial."

Cool line huh, probably tells utter truth because the apacolypse has come in different respects. Huricane Katrina, all of the wars, and Global warming.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun May 13, 2007 8:12 pm

I don't really know... i'm kinda with Yuke on this. I know that we humans are drastically speeding up the global warming, but seriously, do you really think that we're going to do anything about it? I mean, a few who start listening and trying to put things right is not really going to change anything when the large majority of the world are ignoring it. I suppose you could say, that the large majority of people probably have the same mindframe as me. But no matter what we do, our age will end. There's nothing we can do to stop that, really. It doesn't matter whether it's gonna be a hundred years from now, or a hundred thousand. Either way, we'll all die.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

iceking

Postby Iceking » Sun May 13, 2007 10:08 pm

the only thing we can do to halt global warming is reduce use of oil and coal.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Tyrannosaurs » Sun May 13, 2007 11:17 pm

I wish the earth was clean as the dinosaur age or any age that doesn't involve human beings with dystruction and pollution
Tyrannosaurs
Worm
Worm

global warming

Postby Iceking » Sun May 13, 2007 11:55 pm

same here. before fossil fuels were used, the atmosphere was much cleaner.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Mon May 14, 2007 8:56 pm

ya know, before global warming kills us, at the rate were going war, prejudice and biological weapons will have probobly killled us.
oh and the air was not clear in the dino age, there was many volcanos back then resulting in a massive amount of ash.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrantTR » Tue May 15, 2007 2:58 am

Tyrannosaurs wrote:I wish the earth was clean as the dinosaur age or any age that doesn't involve human beings with dystruction and pollution

Lets recap:
GLOBAL WARMING WAS NOT MANKIND'S FAULT. IT HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR AGES EVEN BEFORE POLLUTION AND ALL. DESTRUCTION, UNLESS IT INVOLVES A LARGE MASS THAT CONTAINS OIL OR COAL OR ANY OTHER POLUTANTES, WILL NOT CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Swiftclaw » Tue May 15, 2007 3:06 am

You know, I used to care about global warming, but now, I just figure that we can all burn or freeze to death for all I really care. Oh well, so much for 'Love thy neighbore' :D
Swiftclaw
Worm
Worm

Next

Return to Off-Topic