Death of RPGs?

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Death of RPGs?

Postby TyrantTR » Sun May 13, 2007 8:08 pm

Is it just me or have all RPG's besides the ISSRPG not gotten many posts? Has everyone died?
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Sun May 13, 2007 8:27 pm

nah. ISS is just the most interesting At the Moment. the longer you stay here, the more obvious it will be. last week, ISS went quiet for 3 days and PoTC went through a posting boom, with nearly 6 posts within one day [unusually high by the usual standards]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrantTR » Mon May 14, 2007 4:31 am

My RPG has died completely. I don't know why LE stopped posting. Yet he seems active at other places.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Mon May 14, 2007 11:43 am

look at the Mafia RPG. it's practically dead, but occasionally get's bumps [when me or Yuke have time]. same for the Resident Evil RPG. it'll start back up. trust me. if it doesn't, you can only blame it on a plot that gets old and boring quickly. the lack of a good plot is what kept me from joining...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Mon May 14, 2007 6:11 pm

The Kingpin wrote:look at the Mafia RPG. it's practically dead, but occasionally get's bumps [when me or Yuke have time]. same for the Resident Evil RPG. it'll start back up. trust me. if it doesn't, you can only blame it on a plot that gets old and boring quickly. the lack of a good plot is what kept me from joining...

this was not an invitation to join the mafia rpg,i'm not trying to scare you off but we want to make a worthy story so if anybody joins who posts noobish (and i'm really strict at that rpg)character will be deleted,read the book Gangster and you'll now a bit more of the rpg and you might wanna join it
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby The Kingpin » Mon May 14, 2007 7:25 pm

your welcome to join. BUT: you need to play well. use other RPGs as practice, and contact either me or Yuke about whether or not you want to join the RPG. we'll see your work, and tell you whether or not you're good enough yet to post in the Mafia RPG. it's a slow moving RPG, but sometime during mid June, you can expect it to speed up quite a bit. same for some other RPGs which are being held back because i dont have time to post. another RPG will appear to take the place of the BoF and RoTDRPGs. it'll become the second main RPG of the site, if all goes according to plan. the Fantasy Realms RPG. it'll have a Fantastical setting, with mythological creatures as character choices [similar to the BoFRPG, but with a different storyline and not held back to a particular real world (this RPG is set as a sort of cross between the Spyro universe and Star Wars as far as plot and way of movement go)]. search further down in this forum, titled "Fantasy RPG Preparation Topic". and YES, it's still planned. im intending to make it, immediately after im free of school work, so that i can contribute as much as possible to making this RPG. Come to think of it, this RPG may well take over as the site's main RPG, since there arent as many people that like Dino RPGs as there are who like Fantasy RPGs...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Return to Off-Topic