Best country in the world to live in

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Wed May 30, 2007 10:52 am

chook151 wrote:hello...........i always thought australia was the safest place untill i heard that 6-9 of the most dangerous snakes in the world come from australia....
and that a saltwater crocodile grows to 8 mtrs.......

*Runs to australie,captures a snake and comes back,then wakes up*
Me want snake,me want snake,me want snake
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Doc 42 » Wed May 30, 2007 1:13 pm

*snake eats yuke*
one less admin :P
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 30, 2007 2:40 pm

i'd like to swim near in the Barrier Reef...watch Great whites...[BTW, i know how to kill it quite easily if it attacks me, so dont try and pull a "shark eats KP" stunt...]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Wed May 30, 2007 2:41 pm

*shark eats KP* :P

Nah, i just really wanna know how you'd stop it :P
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 30, 2007 2:50 pm

you do? im not joking. my dad's a master Scuba Diver instructer Trainer. he can teach diving Instructors how to teach their students. he told me that if a shark attacks you or another person [usually another person. in that case your more capable of a lethal hit, since you dont panic as much, though if you know what your doing, you wont panic much even if YOU are the victim. the reason a person panics is because s/he doesn't know what to do], you hit it over the head with a knife. failing that, the eyes. if you manage to land the knife in it's skull, it'll rip right through the weak cartilage and rip through the Shark's brain, killing it instantly, and making it let go out of reflex, meaning you have a large dead shark with it's mouth wide open. who wants sushi? :P shark fin soup, anyone? :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:00 pm

well great whites are big enough to eat you whole in a about 3 seoconds so you would really want to think fast.............
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 30, 2007 4:26 pm

true. that technique is most useful against Bull Sharks [surprisingly, the more dangerous of the 2. well, more agressive of the 2]. also, the Great White is an open sea shark. it usually attacks from below, so it needs alot of room. not where you'd be [unless you have a boat]. it rarely comes near the shore. the Bull Sharks are the ones that come close to shore [they can swim in about 3-4 feet deep water]. also, the Great White is surprisingly placid in most cases. if your at the same depth as it is, and dont have any cuts or blood, it will usually leave you alone. if you have any cuts, or have dead fish with you, you better be in a shark cage. as for the bull shark, it's a salt water/fresh water cross, and usually swims in blurry water, where it cant see much. so it'll bump into people, wonder wat it is, and "test-bite" it, to find out what it is and how it tastes. that's usually the case in shark attacks. if it likes the taste of it, or considers it a threat, it'll let go and move away, then go for it for real, taking a serious bite, usually ripping the flesh off of whatever it bites. and the blood lures in even more, and causes a feeding frenzy. THAT is what a real shark attack is. a test bite by a confused shark, that ends up liking what it's tasting, and going for more, and luring in more sharks because of the blood. BUT, sharks wont attack other targets once they've chosen one. so if a shark attacks a guy next to you, and you have a knife handy, jump at it, and hit it in the head. it wont attack you in most cases, though aim for a lethal hit, just in case. it almost NEVER turns on you if it's already attacking something. that's why the technique works. you just have to catch it before other sharks move in, otherwise the person under attack is finished, and you might be at risk if your too close to the person when they move in...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Wed May 30, 2007 5:10 pm

Doc 42 wrote:*snake eats yuke*
one less admin :P

Bans doc :roll:

JK :D
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed May 30, 2007 7:25 pm

Damn, you managed to pick a subject I am a master at :D .

About Great Whites:

White sharks ARE friendly. They are NOT to be underestimated, though, because most accidents occur when the shark is curious and "sees" with its mouth. Thats what they do. They are not trying to eat you, they want to know what you are. And KP, they DO go close to shore. You won't find no 20 foot long shark near a beach, but you'll find 15 footers. Some people even ride them like dolphins. Grabbing their dorsal fin and swimming with them.

About Bull Sharks:

EVIL!!!!!!!!!!! Jaws's personality was based on this kind of shark! They WILL attack you for no reason! They are just doing whats natural, but I'd rather swim with a 30 foot long white shark then with a 6 foot long bull shark.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:04 pm

I wouldnt say evil, more territoryial, and they have to be as they live in fresh water.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed May 30, 2007 8:48 pm

They live in both fresh and salt water, thats why they are so dangerous. Most experts say that they are the world's most dangerous shark.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Wed May 30, 2007 9:39 pm

see what i mean? Great Whites are highly misunderstood. and Bullsharks can be killed easily if they attack you....if you have the right stuff...you wont be bustin it's head open with your nails, that's for sure [unless you have REALLY REALLY long, stiff nails, that is...]. if you have a knife that's longer than 3 inches long, you have a perfect Anti-Shark attack weapon. it wont scare them away, but it WILL save your life if they attack. one hit through the top of their heads, and bye bye Bullshark. Great Whites, as mentioned, shouldn't be underestimated, but overall, they're very calm, gentle creatures in comparison to Bull Sharks, which WILL attack and kill for the heck of it. they also live in shallow waters, where the sand is kicked up alot, and thus, is low in visibility, meaning they will bite anything they bump into to find out what it is, and rip it to shreds soon after. you feel something rough bump into you in the water, get the hell outta the water. it's most likely a shark, and if it bumps into you, it'll get curious and bite. then your in trouble, since the blood will lure in others.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Wed May 30, 2007 10:49 pm

great white attacks are usually occur when the shark gets confused.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Sheriff Hoyt » Thu May 31, 2007 1:19 am

I couldn't live in Australia for more than a year. I'd be paranoid about all the poisonous animals there.

And I can honestly say that the United States is easily NOT the best country to live. Trust me. From a moral point, it is AWFUL out here.
Sheriff Hoyt
Mosquito
Mosquito

Previous

Return to Off-Topic