School/Work

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby o-eternal-o » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:18 pm

Well i'm the the middle of my final school exams, my GCSE's. Can't wait till they're done. Then i'm off to college ^-^

God, final exams suck....
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Iceking » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:14 pm

you have to study alot to pass them?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:20 am

i finished the project!!!!!
And...I'm getting out early tommorow from school MWAHAHAHAHAAA
I'm gonna enjoy my summer while you guys are doing exams...Not meaning to be rude...
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Iceking » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:27 am

i'll be enjoying my summer starting tommorow. i don't have to do very much work during school tommorow.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:57 am

Damn ERC....Any specific college in mind? What do you plan to major in?

Summer rules.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:59 am

summer is my favorite time of the year. no school. no getting up early. just doing what you want.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby o-eternal-o » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:45 pm

you have to study alot to pass them?

Not at all. It depends how good you are at taking things in first time round.

**** ERC....Any specific college in mind? What do you plan to major in?

Just a normal college. I've already got a place on a computer games development course, which i can't wait to start. I should also be doing drama alongside it, but i'm not sure yet. They'll last for two years. When that's done, i'll do a year Art course, mainly focusing on textures and stuff like that. After that, i'm i'm either off to Uni, or work. Whatever takes my fancy.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby DI7789 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:09 pm

eternal_rocker_chick wrote:I've already got a place on a computer games development course, which i can't wait to start.

Some time in the future, remember us and make some brilliant JP and RE games. Your future rules!
"Its like I was attacked by some kind of...dinosaur"
-Regina, not realising what this sentence meant for her future

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach!"
"Thank you"
-Catherine Tate and David Tennant Comic Relief 2007
DI7789
Worm
Worm

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:30 pm

hey, ERC....remember....we can make a business out of this....i start off a Trade company that branches into several things [including gaming] and we could make some games that would put EA, Microsoft and Maxis to shame! :D [imagine Jaws Unleashed, based on ISS, with the ability of making a custom character, sort of like Spore, with a randomly selected plot. that's my first gaming plan...oh, and we'll be able to control when the character roars :D ]
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby o-eternal-o » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:07 pm

Some time in the future, remember us and make some brilliant JP and RE games. Your future rules!

lol! I know that i won't be able to do what i want to do at the start, so that'll take a while. There's a few game development teams around where i live, but the nearest one is Blitz Games. Never heard of them have you? Well, i looked into them, and found out they make 'family' games and have made 'Bratz' games... which is kinda sucky. But, they also make the 'Fairly Odd Parents' games... and i do love Cosmo... :P

Anyway, you gotta start somewhere :P

hey, ERC....remember....we can make a business out of this....i start off a Trade company that branches into several things [including gaming] and we could make some games that would put EA, Microsoft and Maxis to shame! Very Happy [imagine Jaws Unleashed, based on ISS, with the ability of making a custom character, sort of like Spore, with a randomly selected plot. that's my first gaming plan...oh, and we'll be able to control when the character roars Very Happy ]

I would really love a Sim like dinosaur game. Where you could choose what dino you would play, from some choices, and you'd play your life. Learning how to hunt if your a carnivore and so on. You'd have needs to fill, like hunger, hunting, thirst... kinda like the ones in JPOG but with a few extras. And you'd have b utton which would make you roar, you could jump, attack and so on. It'd be a completely realistic game too... as you could end up being hunted :twisted: And nothing cheesy either. I hate cheesy gimicks in games.

Anyway, that'd be a game i'd love to make.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Iceking » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:13 pm

i imagine you'll make alot of money a year if you work on making computer games or software.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:30 pm

well, if it's successful and sells well, yeah it could get you quite a bit of cash...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:32 pm

it depends on how good you make the game or software work.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:03 am

Cool, ERC. When you get out of college, and if during that time MG figures out how to put new dinos in JPOG, you be able to model, texture, and animate like crazy! Well, if thats what you mean by game design.

About the dino Sim game:

God, I would love to have that. Its very possible too. All we would need to do is get Gamemaker Full version or Flashplayer, bone and animate the dinos from JPOG, convert them to a file type compatable with Gamemaker/Flashplayer, add them in, design the game system (that could take years if you plan to make a good game), get models from other games that we can access model files, somehow make it online (Possible, yes, but extremely hard. Probably have to change the game idea into a mod for Unreal Tornament or something.) and BOOM, you have a game. The process (if done seriously and correctly) would take years. Many, many years. I think about that stuff all the time (seeing as I have 3ds Max, Gamemaker, and other devices) but it would require a team of about 12-15 experianced modlers, modders (possibly), Gamemaker/Flash Player experts, and others. I currently am making a 2d game in Gamemaker (Gwangi the Great, its got its own topic with screenshots.) But it will be a while before I start thinking about getting a team together.

Enough ranting, good luck ERC.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:09 am

it'll be a long road of learning.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby o-eternal-o » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:36 am

you be able to model, texture, and animate like crazy! Well, if thats what you mean by game design.

I don't think that my course covers modelling or animating, but that's something i could experiment with in my own time. It'll be mainly a programming course, in which i'll learn the different programming languages and stuff. There'll be modules where i'll have to make a crappy 2d game from scratch... something like that. And with the game, i'll need to make sprites and such, so that's where the texture-like stuff comes in.

I'm taking the art course after so i can focus fully on my Photoshop skills and improve them.

God, I would love to have that. Its very possible too. All we would need to do is get Gamemaker Full version or Flashplayer, bone and animate the dinos from JPOG, convert them to a file type compatable with Gamemaker/Flashplayer, add them in, design the game system (that could take years if you plan to make a good game), get models from other games that we can access model files, somehow make it online (Possible, yes, but extremely hard. Probably have to change the game idea into a mod for Unreal Tornament or something.) and BOOM, you have a game. The process (if done seriously and correctly) would take years. Many, many years. I think about that stuff all the time (seeing as I have 3ds Max, Gamemaker, and other devices) but it would require a team of about 12-15 experianced modlers, modders (possibly), Gamemaker/Flash Player experts, and others. I currently am making a 2d game in Gamemaker (Gwangi the Great, its got its own topic with screenshots.) But it will be a while before I start thinking about getting a team together.

Well, when i do think about making a game in years time, i definitely won't be using gamemaker :wink: As i said, i'll be learning to create things from scratch. I'm hoping that one day i'll be able to gather a team and create something like that... but it all depends on the many outcomes of my life

good luck ERC.

Thanks

i imagine you'll make alot of money a year if you work on making computer games or software.

I haven't really looked into the money, but i assume it differs on what postition you are. Like a level programmer would get a lot less than the lead programmer... and things like that.
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Ya. I'm sayin like a do-it-at-home project. Using Gamemaker or Flashplayer. It won't be no God of War or World of Warcraft, but still.

I'm looking into the modeling stuff. I've been looking at tutorials on how to model and animate. My plan in life is to be a Herpitologist (study of reptiles for people who didn't know) but game modeling and animating would be a side thing. Kinda like a backup plan.

To tell you the truth, I'd say programming is the worst part of game design. When I mean worst, I mean hardest.

I hope to see you come on one day and say that you and your team are making a dino-sim video game, ERC :P .
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:17 pm

beginner programers can find it hard if they're working on modelds becuase you have to get everything together right and you have to give your model color.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby o-eternal-o » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:47 pm

I hope to see you come on one day and say that you and your team are making a dino-sim video game, ERC

If that does happen, i'll be sure to sneak you all a sneak preview :P
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:52 pm

Good luck for you ERC! :D
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic