yet another ISS conversation...

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

yet another ISS conversation...

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed May 23, 2007 2:53 pm

interesting, I'll have a look at that...

Ok well here is another idea for the ISS RPG so hear me out if you will just for one moment...

Of course there are a few of us who know the game "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" for PS1 platform which was a pretty good game in which you controlled 3 dinosaurs (Compy, Raptor and Rex) and 2 humans (Nick and Sarah) and went through levels basically fighting for survival. There were many enemies you battled, some from the books like Deinonychus and Baryonix along with Barasuchus and Staurikosaurus and many others. I just had a thought perhaps later on, and I am using the idea from a level in the Raptor campaign for this where you travelled through a forest fire. What if something like that were to occur in the RPG? It could really shape things up a notch

Edited by The Kingpin: Dont BLOODY DOUBLEPOST, *****!!!
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Fri May 25, 2007 6:18 pm

please people i just need one more person for my Sim Rpg
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat May 26, 2007 1:09 am

sorry KP for the double post.

Anyway, like my idea ppl?
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sat May 26, 2007 1:25 am

Now that I think about it. Yes that would be a good idea! all the dinos would be caught in the forest fire. They have to escape.
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat May 26, 2007 3:58 am

yeah, it is actually from a volcanic eruption in the game TLW: JP on PSX. That is during the raptor campaign toward the end. You encounter other raptors (same type of Velociraptor except they are grey but do the same moves as you do) along with Triceratops and also hazards as burning branches fall on you too. And then at the end you battle a boss which is a Euoplocephalas. And the only way to kill him was to leap on his head and flip him over. And then you used T-Rex and in two levels there is fire. In the first one you battle Velociraptors, same type you went as. And in the second level (in these two levels there is lava which if you step on hurts you) you battle more raptors but at the end there is two paths leading to the exit except at the end of both paths is a Stegosaurus who you must battle. I have found you can jump over him, sustaining damage. Anyway this was just an idea of course. Say a volcano were to erupt in the center of the five islands etc. I have also found out on the other 2 islands Site E and D, I just forgot about them for such a long time because I have played TLW: JP for PS1 and its at the start of the human missions. They are all in this order:

Sorna

Pena

Muerte

Tacanao'

Matanceros'

But I don't see why it does not say Nublar for one of them. Nublar was Site A, Site B being Sorna, Site C which is Muerte, but I don't know about Pena I am guessing was the original name for Nublar because Nublar aint there and there is five islands (The Five Deaths as they say). Muerte as we know has dinosaurs formed together like Raptors being the size of rexes, Stegs with trike horns etc. The other two Tacanao and Matanceros I have no idea. But I know they are the smallest of the islands but are still large enough to sustain a good amount of biomass on it. Dinosaurs would populate those places too (excluding Muerte) but Isla Sorna definately holds the most amount of dinosaurs.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:04 am

Funnily enough I was thinking of starting a forest fire caused by the storm, but didnt as it would destroy the whole Island.................
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat May 26, 2007 11:23 am

I did not mean destroy the whole island. But the forest fire could be a big one that goes right through Crusher's territory.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby The Kingpin » Sat May 26, 2007 11:25 am

not until i've finished my exams....
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat May 26, 2007 11:33 am

of course KP. I won't do it. For now I'll use Largetooth.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sat May 26, 2007 1:34 pm

OH! I just can't wait fo this fire! :D
If it'll happen....
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat May 26, 2007 1:36 pm

Yeah just don't get overexcited. And there will be more suprises too. Such as humans...
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sat May 26, 2007 1:37 pm

You mean...."The Lost World" Plot again?
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Sat May 26, 2007 1:38 pm

hey LE, leave the humans to me. or better yet, when i get back, gimme what you have in mind. everyone PM me with ideas. i already have quite a good one myself. for humans. add in your ideas and i'll have a look at them...and perhaps make a really good plot out of it.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat May 26, 2007 1:39 pm

oh alright seeing as you are online.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sat May 26, 2007 1:40 pm

So...everyone HERE can give you ideas?
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Sat May 26, 2007 1:43 pm

everyone in ISS can. im intending to make a super plot to celebrate ISS's first year active [that's quite good when you consider most Dino RPGs die out after a few months]. so far, my idea's turning out rather interesting. PM me, and over the days i'll check them out. im doing quick 5 minute checkups every few hours today. after that, i really do go offline...though i might sneak in some time during the exams....

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Sat May 26, 2007 1:49 pm

k then. Keep up the good work up with your exams too.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby C S » Sun May 27, 2007 3:56 pm

A super plot? like something that effects every player like a tornado hitting the island?
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sun May 27, 2007 4:00 pm

A tornado is too much. A fire or a plot with JP3 or the lost world
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby C S » Sun May 27, 2007 4:10 pm

oooooooooookay
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Next

Return to Off-Topic