yet another ISS conversation...

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby Doc 42 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:35 am

great. just great. Im going to be in Peru when the biggest changes possible happen..... 7 or 8 days? think you could tone it up to about 12?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Cpt.Yuke » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:14 pm

well hmm what about STAYING ON TOPIC
wasn't there a fantasy preperation topic? other make a new one at the off topic section,or for any other rpg you wanna discuss but leave this rpg for the Requests like me and my bloody sim rpg who wants it?
Cpt.Yuke
Tarantula
Tarantula

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:02 am

Yuke we are discussing RPG's, as well as about requesting and removing RPG's, KP was merely making a simple announcement.

Anyway besides that, I might want to keep the Realm of Dragons RPG going.

And yes, me and KP discussed the whole framing thing a while ago. So yeah someone WILL have a lot to worry about. So be on your guards ppl, it could be one of you but i can say this to you...Actually, no i won't say anything more, that would be revealing too much. Sorry! LOL! I can't tell you, i feel i should not.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby C S » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:50 am

i got an idea. Deciese strikes the island!!!!!!!!!1
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:59 am

Not likely. Disease will kill everybody. We already have a plague running through the RPG and that's the mutant gene from the water which is corrupted, turning raptors into Ultra Raptors as well as other dinosaurs too.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Iceking » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:01 pm

the raptors that drink it also become shadow raptors if they don't drink too much.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:01 pm

:roll: personally I think the idea of a "mutant gene" is stupid. The only reason it was made was to provide a story for the smart raptors in JP3. It has been taken way to far with all these "Ultra raptors". Another thing, if they are so strong and tough and cunning. Why can raptors like Gold fang and Fatalis kill them so easily
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:25 pm

woah woah woah hold it! wrong! Shadow Raptors are NOT raptors which are less mutated than Ultra Raptors. they are just a different pack linked through the leaders' relation to eachother [Midnight being Reaper's older, calmer brother] the term Ultra Raptor is just a genetically mutated raptor which is more powerful, more intelligent, and overall better than the normal ones, but with a mental problem. first of all, the Ultra Raptors plot was originally one i didn't like, which was basically based off my own plan for a pack of super raptors that wanted to kill Fatalis to remove the threat of dominance, since they knew that he would find them eventually and would not be as easy to manipulate as his father if he became leader of the pack. as for Fatalis' ability to kill them relatively easily, that goes back to 2 things: 1) he's part mutant himself, and 2)he's lived almost his whole life alone, making him need alot more skill and cunning in life than normal raptors, which have sharpened his skill to a razor's edge. through his life, he has basically turned himself into an improved ultra raptor, without the mental disorder.

the "mutant gene" is a term made up by LE. the original idea was a polluted lake filled with DNA and remains of modified DNA from other dinos, deemed useless by InGen and dumped there. the lake was next to one of InGen's main labs on site B, which was responsible for all the DNA Research, but, having various DNA that were supposedly useless, they started dumping the waste in that lake and had it fenced off, but was abandoned after the Jurassic Park disaster. eventually, the dinos around the island found it, and were lured to it by a strong scent which was strange to them. a Raptor saw a wounded Spinosaur drink from it, which left and eventually became what is now known as Thrasher. the raptor did likewise, and realised that it felt stronger and was better than it used to be, and soon led it's pack there, setting off the chain which would result in that mutation. pack confrontations occured, and Raptors left, and started new packs, and those packs were taken to the same lake, and so on until it resulted in what is now going on in the RPG. LE's Super evil monster raptors are not part of this story. i honestly dont know what to call them. it's as if they took some test tubes filled with this sort of stuff and drank it straight...and even then it doesn't explain the evil twist to their actions...

true, the Ultra Raptor idea [originally Mutant Raptor until LE hijacked the whole plan story about them and turned it into a black vs. white good and evil war...] was a way to explain the super raptors in JPIII, so that any JPIII fans that joined wouldn't feel upset about us cutting them out completely, and people who did see the raptors as ridiculously intelligent and powerful in coparison to the TLW and JP raptors, had an explanation to work off. it also offered a few interesting characters [Onarus (evil cyborg raptor that in my opinion shouldn't have ever existed because all the rain, plants and weather that faced sorna would've destroyed him long before Darkness did), Darkness (I think), Midnight (which is NOT a true enemy, or completely devil evil like Reaper is, but rather a sadly used good guy who feels pride for his son but is unable to stand against the entire pack alone), Reaper (ok. really wierd red and black raptor that has been turned into the devil's incarnation on earth mixed with some army offical guy through LE's various posts involving him, with the whole "General" and "Lord" gig), Otalp (a misunderstood good guy)].

ladies and Gentlemen, my opinion with the JP3 Raptors in ISS...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:06 pm

So tell me why do we still have Evil vs Good? Thats something I tryed to eliminate with my caracters but failed.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:15 pm

well, to be quite honest, the only place this evil vs. good thing exists is in Reaper's pack. reason? the purpose of Reaper's pack. with Midnight, the purpose comes from the packs greed for power. they all want control, but dont want repercussions. that's why they're practically using Midnight. you saw Echo's behaviour. being brainwashed by the elders in the pack to believe Fatalis was an enemy, because they knew that if he returned and was placed as leader of the pack, they would lose their control, their position in the pecking order, everything normal pack raptors couldn't have because of the leader's authority. with Reaper, the leader himself just likes death. death death death, that's it. kill Crusher, kill goldfang, kill this guy, kill that guy, lure so and so here and kill him...etc. get my point?
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:15 pm

Well i can tell you guys there that EVERYTHING KP has just told you is correct. Though i had no idea i had hijacked the idea entirely, it was not my intentions. If you want to hear it, hear this:

The Super Raptors, are what I like to call Ultra Raptors, the reason being is the name sounds better I think in my view. Goldfang is able to kill them so easily due to the fact his father Reaper had been already under the influence of the mutated water (the corrupted water which I'd think has a thing called "the Mutant Gene" which is what turns the animals into mutants) before he was born and before Reaper and his mate Tranquil had "come together" if ya know what i'm saying. But back then it did not do so much as put him into influence. But eventually, the gene took in effect, Reaper first changed in behaviour, his temper became shorter and shorter as well as his patience and so is what brought upon the demise of Tranquil later on along with Goldfang's brothers and sisters. Reaper was also allianced with the Spinosaur Thrasher and a Rex named Crasher. This was because back then he wanted the best possible survival for his pack and made deals with the two carnivores. Goldfang fled after the death of his family. Reaper however went away, not only did he condemn his pack but also the rest of the raptors from the pack who he asked Thrasher to kill later on. In anger and confusion and sorrow Reaper changed. He began to drink more and more of the water, changing him entirely including his form. He one day came across a cave, this led into an underwater cavern deep below the island in which he discovered the place had a human building and lakes with the corrupted water. The building was active with some of INGEN's personnel who he tried to kill but overpowered and tranquilized him. They immunized him with a special drug to make him immune to death from constant drinking of the water that caused corruption. But this also changed his genetic structure, slightly, giving him supreme abilities. He slaughtered the humans and then from there began to use the place as a personal lair and lured raptors to the cavern.

Goldfang meanwhile in those years, he formed a pack with the top elite raptors on the island at the time. He was a grand commander and his pack owned a wide range of territory. They had help from others who were not with the pack, 2 raptors in particular which were Steeltalon's parents. However, the pack was slaughtered the day Crasher came and murdered them. He sent Riptide in and they raided the nests, stealing the eggs and smashing most of them. Steeltalon's parents, before they died gave Goldfang one last request, insisting that he watch over their last egg which had survived the slaughter. And that their daughter, Steeltalon must be protected at all costs.

Well there is more but at least you know about the Mutant Gene and Ultra Raptors.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:18 pm

Why would we need you to confirm what KP said?
And So basicly Goldfang is a mutant too? It wouldve been alot easyer if you had said that in the first place..........

Ya I get what your saying kp But I really dont think a pack like reapers should exist where one "evil" raptor controls an army of predators
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:27 pm

Well as much as i appreciate you own opinion (i'm ok with criticism as well, that means they are honest) and so you know, Reaper does not control an army but a very large pack. Not so much an army, think of the Alien series and the Alien Queen and its personal hive. Its like that pretty much.

Goldfang is not necessarily a mutant, he is still a normal raptor but with some of the mutant abilities Reaper has built into him due to the fact he has Reaper's DNA as well as Tranquil's.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:32 pm

I am talking about an army as in the acrocanthasours supposedly garuding and figthing for him. Now im sorry to be so negitive about all of this but reaper is just a charcater that I really dont like.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:36 pm

Ah, I can see what you mean. Well now you know why Goldfang is now a major thorn in Reaper's hide from collapsing a third of the cavern. Reaper only is in charge of a few Acrocanthosaurs, plus a number of Megaraptors but he has Bary's and Sucho's that come from the underwater cave system who he has made a deal with.

I know why you hate him. Don't worry, I have plans for Reaper.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:42 pm

Hopefully they involve him dying in some sort of painfull way.... :lol:
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Legendary Elite » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:46 pm

Oh no, something far worse than death actually. And it'll be me who decides that actually (providing i don't get banned when it happens).
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:57 pm

banned! what could it be to get you banned?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby DI7789 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:18 pm

*sticks fingers in ears* Don't ask him to give it away!
"Its like I was attacked by some kind of...dinosaur"
-Regina, not realising what this sentence meant for her future

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach!"
"Thank you"
-Catherine Tate and David Tennant Comic Relief 2007
DI7789
Worm
Worm

Postby Iceking » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:44 pm

hey le, i wouldn't mind reaper attacking my charecter. my rex has only been attacked once and i would enjoy the thrill of reaper sending some of his pack to try and kill greeneye.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic