Steve's Dead

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby The Kingpin » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:54 am

no support for Bindy? come on! she's trying to continue her father's legacy! and she's still only little! who knows how she'll be in 10 years!

Diamondback, eh? good thing you didn't keep your foot on it for too long. snakes are good enough to slip out of it that it would've bitten you soon after you pinned it. and it was a good move to run. a Diamondback bite is one of the most deadly...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:19 pm

The Kingpin wrote:Diamondback, eh? good thing you didn't keep your foot on it for too long. snakes are good enough to slip out of it that it would've bitten you soon after you pinned it. and it was a good move to run. a Diamondback bite is one of the most deadly...

Nah, compared to the other species of venomious snakes, Diamondbacks aren't that deadly.

They are, however, extremely territorial. Meaning, they will attack humans if they see one. Most snakes run and then bite if pursued. Diamondbacks go right to biting.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:12 pm

most rattle snakes try to flee from humans if they see one. they bite as a last resort.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby raptor titanus3 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:41 am

I know it's a little late for this topic but, I wanted to say something. I used to watch steve's shows every day and I really miss him. He was such a good man and to hear his death was like having my heart torn out each day. In fact it still does, It doesn't seem fair and I wish paramedics had found him sooner. :cry: Why, why did it have to happen? I just can't get past the shock of it all. If he had died of natural causes it wouldn't feel so bad, not saying it still wouldn't be sad. I mean he had a wife and a child, it must be so hard for them even after all this time. I'm happy that bindi has started her own animal program, but it's not the same to me. I also wonder how the zoo is doing without their founder. I haven't been able to know how it's doing.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Legendary Elite » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:47 am

Indeed, me being Australian, this hurt our country this most. You could say he was our aussie icon pretty much. Maybe he was annoying at times but he was a funny and friendly bloke and yet his death was so unexpected. Still, I remember on that fateful day that me and my friends at school were just joking around about him and then I get home and find out that he died on that very day and I was shocked.

Yeah I know this topic has been dead and I shouldn't be replying to it but I just want to offer my say on Steve Irwin that he was a good, kind man, maybe a little over the head but still a great guy nonetheless and he will be missed by the world.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Raptor Llama » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:52 pm

I found out he died when I saw a flash movie saying it died. I thought they were joking until I saw an artical. :(

It was a very tragic death, and I never got to go see his zoo. And the fact that some guy had the same thing happen to him after and he survived because he didn't pull the stinger out is even sadder.

Well, the good news is his cause still lives on. His zoo still exists, and animals are still being helped. He has a team, and that team is still alive and helping.

Once I saw someone in I think late 2007 or something that's topic read: OMG I JUST REALIZED! And it said steve really did die! I need to take you guys more seriously! Now I thought the guys (newgrounds) was joking, but it didn't take me half a year to figuire out they weren't. Well, that's just a story I've seen.

In all, RIP steve. But his cause still lives on.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Dilophosaurus500 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:06 am

The Kingpin wrote:yeah. very close call. my bro had a rockfish spine get caught in his foot once while we were at a resort. we rushed home immediately after we got him out of the water...he was bleeding and we took him to the nearby clinic [by clinic i mean a small hospital for minor injuries and sicknesses, not a place where you buy medicine]as for snakes, i was inches from being bitten by a VERY pissed Indian Cobra once. it opened it's hood while i was watching it. i backed off a bit. it lunged, but a thin layer of protective netting stopped it. it's fangs poked through, and were exactly where my hand had been a split second earlier. dunno how i managed to move my hand that fast. im lucky it wasn't a spitting Cobra. then i would've been in trouble...
for soem reason i have a rather hazardous life... :P
That rockfish reminded me of when i was stung by my ple.. Plecostumos? I dunno.. Some stupid sucking fish. I was little and it was fast, so i grabbed it once, cried and began to hate all of them. But you guys are right. I shouldn't hate all of them for that. I mean at least i learned never to mess with plecostomos's anymore. R.I.P. Steve Irwin, for his inspiration to us will never die, as his body has, and his soul still lives in our hearts.
Dilophosaurus500
Worm
Worm

Postby SuperNerd » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:12 am

Steve irwin rocked

rip :(
SuperNerd

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:57 pm

The Kingpin wrote:Even though this is nearly 20 days after my last post here, i think i can finally say something worthy as an answer. He, at the very least, deserved what i and millions of people like you and me and the other people on this site have said, as far as tributes and mournings have gone. He is a Pioneer who will ALWAYS be remembered. I hope they start teaching students in the following 10-20 years onwards for ever about him in history books, as the man who helped the entire world and everything in it. He is a man worthy of being remembered in history forever. Immortalizing him in books is the least we could do.

I hate how history books and things like that never mention people like Steve, instead they talk about people who helped and saved other people, never animals. There is not one amendment in the US constitution about the environment or other wildlife etc...
i almost feel sickened to be a part of the US these days, specially during Bush's reign... :(
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby SuperNerd » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:05 am

the Evil Eye wrote

i almost feel sickened to be a part of the US these days, specially during Bush's reign...

I know how you feel, bush is a retard. :x People like steve irwin should be president :)
SuperNerd

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:47 am

SuperNerd wrote:the Evil Eye wrote

i almost feel sickened to be a part of the US these days, specially during Bush's reign...

I know how you feel, bush is a retard. :x People like steve irwin should be president :)

yeeaaaah.

Lets throw someone with no political knowledge and an ever growing love for animals in the white house.

Maybe mcdonalds will be shut down and all its workers arrested for inhuman use of animal fat.

Steve is a touching figure not a world leader.

And yes I loved the guy, but he never had any impact on history just conservation. Conservation which BTW is still being funded by his family.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Previous

Return to Off-Topic