Steve's Dead

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby Hopeflower » Fri May 04, 2007 11:03 pm

How many of ourselves we kill in wars? So true, man, so true. Steve was a great man...too bad he died.

Anyone lese hear what age he was when he died? 44! I can't spell Unbelievable! unbelieveavle. Unbelieveable. -shrugs- Whatever.
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrantTR » Sat May 05, 2007 2:17 am

chook151 wrote:uhh, yeah, about that, wrong topic, i hate stingrays because my grandad got killed by one, so leave me alone..... :evil:

I give up! Alright, fine, go ahead, have fun.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Mon May 07, 2007 2:57 pm

chook151 wrote:uhh, yeah, about that, wrong topic, i hate stingrays because my grandad got killed by one, so leave me alone..... :evil:

don't hate anyhting....the stingray was protecting itsself! so just don't post anyhting about hating an animal...EVER! and btw...why was your granddad messing ith the stignray any freekin' way?
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Mon May 07, 2007 5:41 pm

Stingrays are in no way responsible for this. it's a self defense thing that RARELY happens. when i was 9 years old, i was walking into the shallow water at our private beach house. then, i saw a pair of what looked like wierdly shaped eyes swim up to my feet. all in all, it was probably about 2 CMs [1 Inch] away from my foot. i stood still, originally thinking it was one of those baby bullsharks that were known for swimming very close to shore, but then i noticed it was flat. stingray...after around 10 seconds of just sitting there and staring at my feet, it turned around and swam away. and i just kept on playing after it left...

it seems i have a habit of getting in close encounters....Snakes, Scorpions, Stingrays...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrantTR » Tue May 08, 2007 2:44 am

This is no lie, when I was Hikeing in the woods, a while ago, I heard a rustle in the bushes, I didn't think much of it at first, but as I got further I relised that something was following me. When I looked back this big, fuzy thing was chargeing me. I thought, and was almost certain, it was a bear. I remembered watching something on the discovery channel, that said if ever a bear comes twords you, the worst thing to do is run. So I did the exact opisote,I ducked down, and covered my neck. The bear sniffed me for what seemed like foever and then left, that was the closest encounter I have ever had with a wild animal.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue May 08, 2007 2:46 am

Kinda dumb how he died. He deals with Crocs and dangerous snakes all the time and a fricken stingray kills him.....odd.

And I hold my scorpion all the time. Scorpions (Not all of them) are not dangerous. Same with snakes (duh). The only close encounter I've had with a wild animal is when I saw a wolf on the road. Thats it. PA is boring.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 08, 2007 4:08 am

lol. when a pissed black desert Scorpion charges out of it's hole with it's stinger in the air like it's planning to sting hundreds of people instead of one, you know you have a problem. that was what happened to me with a Scorpion...Kuwaiti Scorpion venom is lethal [i say Kuwaiti because they aren't found in all of the Arabian Peninsula. just the northern parts]...both the White and Black Scorpions...though the White is more dangerous. more potent venom. the black is more aggressive, and tends to really pump the venom into you if it manages to hit you. it'll swing it's stinger forward, hit you and penetrate the skin, then it just holds it there and makes sure it fills you with enough to kill you [a few grams of venom]...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Tue May 08, 2007 4:33 pm

Ok this is lame but when I was rock diving in Croatia I landed on the sea floor to find that I had landed in a two feet circle of sand. Everywhere else was covered in sea urchins. I may not have been hurt but if I landed meter away from where I did I probobly would of been very injured as I would have to be flown to a hospital (I was on an Island) if they rock handt kept me from floating up wards (in which case I would of drowned).
Other close case was when I saw a cobra in Africa, It was pissed.
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 08, 2007 4:51 pm

yeah. very close call. my bro had a rockfish spine get caught in his foot once while we were at a resort. we rushed home immediately after we got him out of the water...he was bleeding and we took him to the nearby clinic [by clinic i mean a small hospital for minor injuries and sicknesses, not a place where you buy medicine]as for snakes, i was inches from being bitten by a VERY pissed Indian Cobra once. it opened it's hood while i was watching it. i backed off a bit. it lunged, but a thin layer of protective netting stopped it. it's fangs poked through, and were exactly where my hand had been a split second earlier. dunno how i managed to move my hand that fast. im lucky it wasn't a spitting Cobra. then i would've been in trouble...
for soem reason i have a rather hazardous life... :P

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue May 08, 2007 7:49 pm

I COULD successfully capture a dangerous snake IF we had themout here. It's easy. I've never done it, but I've learned how to. CENSORED PA. Nothing around here except pansy praying mantids and bees.

Kingpin says: Ok. looks like it's time to update the censor. that's the second time that word's been said in 2 days and it's going to get us into a mess we cant get out of eventually...

PS: i know the result of putting Censored there looks funny. wasn't deliberate, but i thought it was a good bonus :P
TyrannoTitan

Postby Shadow » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:44 am

Because Steve is dead I have to rely on Nigel Marvin.
When you want it the most there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is
Shadow
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Iceking » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:35 pm

we will have to watch other nature shows now that steve's gone.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:46 pm

his daughter's following in his footsteps though...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:52 pm

really? how did you find out about that?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:58 pm

MSN News is handy....i think her name's Bindy. she's got her own show on Animal Planet called "Bindy, the Jungle girl". and she's busy on another show called "My dad, the Crocodile Hunter"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:03 pm

well, i hope if she gets near stingrays, she's cautious so she won't meet the same fate her father did.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:12 pm

Nigel Marvin is ok....I like Jeff Corwin myself.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:28 am

jeff corwin and nigel marvin, i don't know which i like more.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:17 am

jeff is a runner up to get killed......

BINDY CANNOT REPLACE STEVE!!!!!!!(maybe Terry)

I got in a close encounter with a rattle snake. i went to Texas on a road trip and a diamond back rattle snake was right in front of me. It was going to bite my shin but i managed to use my other fott and pin it to the ground. come to think about it, that was kinda dumb. That leg could've been bitten. any ways. After that, I ran away as fast as hell
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Iceking » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:31 am

that was a good choice to run away. diamond back rattle snakes can kill you if you don't cure the poision.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic