T-rex VS Spino?!?

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

T-rex or Spino?

Rex
82%
Spino
18%

Total votes : 34

Postby Spiketopus ಠ,ಠ » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:28 pm

Althought spino's teeth are not the most dangerous, he could try to use them within his claws.
But if Rex bites him first, well... K.O.
and if spino survives, he couldn't hunt.
Spiketopus ಠ,ಠ
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Postby chook151 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:54 am

I gotta agree with EE, spinosaurus looks WAY more awesome than t-rex.
When i first saw it(NOT on jp3) i thought: Cool, a massive croc-dinosaur
like baryonyx exept larger and with a sail on its back like dimetrodon!
To me, it looked more like something off godzilla than a real dino. I was facinated by it( And giganotosaurus) at the time.
Anyway, no-one's commented on its sail. It could give the spinosaurus quicker regeneration and energy. And spinosaurus would have advantage in desert or water, since they were it's main habitats. And i know this sounds far fetched, but back then the world wqas one massive supercontinent. A really desperate travelling spinosaur could end up in america. The books dont lay down the line anyway. A dinosaur grows like every other animal, and it probably also migrates. When a book says: giganotosaurus, 13 m. There are probably 10m, 9 m, and 15 m gigas out there! anyway, back on topic. The battle isn't evenly matched, but it doesn't mean it's impossible for spino to beat t-rex. (EG masive spino vs scrawny rex.).
It's like a barn owl versus barking owl, both have a chance of winning and it isn't likely they will fight.
GASP i talk alot. :P
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:57 am

Regeneration? This isn't Godzilla, people, this is REAL LIFE.

Spino's sail is used for temperature regulation, and/or to attract mates. It actually makes it MORE of a target, because, guess what? Its SAIL is its SPINE.

One chop to it meant the spino was really f*cked.
TyrannoTitan

Postby chook151 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:10 am

No, the sail was part of its spine, and i didn't mention godzilla to mean it's wounds just heal up. Ahh nevermind. But the sail Had skin around it like dimetrodon's meaning more sunlight got on it and giving it more energy( since it couldve been cold blooded) and not only that, the spino's sail was at least 3 meters high, and spino was about as tall as rex minus it, so unless the rex decide to push itself onto tiptoes to bite the sail, giving the spino a chance to rip it's neck open, i doubt trex could take a chunk out of it without suffering major injury. then again, if the spino was in a certain position, the t-rex could. So i would say its all up to fate, so if i could i would vote both.
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:19 am

agreed
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:09 am

Energy really doesn't have anything to do with it. We are looking at basic facts, not situational circumstance. Rex has bone-crushing jaws, the most muscles in its body then any other predator (That means its twice as hard to draw blood, as well as jaw strength), strong legs (Speed), and a massive head (Able to bite off huge chunks).

Spino has long arms. That's about it. Size actually works against it, giving the Rex more opportunity to bite at its throat. Spino is awesome, but it stands little chance...
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:49 pm

On the topic of the sail...wtf chook? TT said the sail is it's spine, and you say no, its part of the spine...what the hell is the difference? If I had something connected to my vertebrea and took it off can my Backbone function as it was meant to!? NO. So if T-rex rammed the spino with big head of awsome, knocked it over (Sail=high center of gravity=not very good at fast movement=sudden or fast attacks will trip it up) and bit it's sail, like TT said, Spino is f*cked. Either he's gonna be crippled (Or like in human terms, probabbly slightly paralized) or cant regulate it's temperature correctly and dies of over heating. PS, back in Spino's era, Africa was a tropical rainforest. Spino COULDNT have evolved to the water if it lived in a desert now could it?
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Spiketopus ಠ,ಠ » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:36 pm

I agree with T_T
The sail of the spino have some spines, so spines with skin.
Spiketopus ಠ,ಠ
Bumble Bee
Bumble Bee

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:31 pm

but CS, trex cant exactly make super-fast attacks to trip it up...
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby C S » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:08 pm

doesnt need to be fast, T-rex is already faster than spino, all he needs is an opening and then he can use the muscells in his legs/ head to knock it over
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby The Kingpin » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:10 pm

the force of the attacks makes up for the lack of speed. let's take a light weight Formula One car, and an 18 wheeler, as an example:

if the F1 race car is going at half it's top speed, crashing into another vehicle will probably throw it off balance and possibly cause it to crash.

likewise, if an 18 wheeler hits another vehicle while moving at full speed, chances are the car is completely obliterated on impact. it'd get crushed at the point of impact, thrown into other obstacles, and torn to pieces from the force of the blow the truck caused.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:12 pm

An 'opening' is situational circumstance. True, considering the t-rexes vision and its hunterishness, chances are it would get the drop on the spino, but charging head on, its like your 18 wheeler slamming into a tank shell.
Those claws would inflict MASSIVE damage on the Rexes head, not to mention its throat if one of your 'openings' arrives.

Sure, the tank shell is going to be in a million pieces, but your 18 wheeler wont be exactly serviceable.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:26 pm

And whose to say the Rex would continue charging with that kind of defense against it?

Once again, circumstance. If the Spino started flailing its arms, the Rex would back off and wait for an opportunity to strike. The spino can do some damage, sure, but its attacks with gradually harm the Rex, while the Rex would put it out of commission with one good bite...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Doc 42 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:30 pm

Well if its not going to charge whats it going to do? Trick the spino into turning the other way? Spino would wait, ready to strike untill Rex is in range.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby chook151 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:25 am

Thats true hey but either could win cause its not the movies. Dinos aren't affected in the environment, and i dont mean different countries. E.g. T-rex vs spino in a jungle. T-rex goes to rip spino's face off, foot gets stuck in a root/bundle of roots, log, etc. It falls down possibly breaking quite a few bones, and probably before it can try to get up( which it probably can't) Spino would put its foot on rex's head and pick it up, SLAM, pick it up, SLAM. etc. And this could happen vice versa, with lots of situations like if spino was about to push a rex off a cliff, suddenly the cliff face they both are standing on falls due to the weight, they both fall(this is one of those cliff ledges.).

@ CS yes you're right, can't think of an arguement again rex smashing spino over... though it would be funny to watch.... what?

anyway back on topic.

It would be an awesome end to the fight if spino was wounded and rex begings a massive roar. Spino pushes his arm up rex's throat and rips away the muscle and skin. Rex bites arm off(ouch) but the claws havn't been crushed, so it slashes the rex up while it falls.
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:51 am

Again, Chook, that is situational circumstance. We are talking about raw facts, not "What if". It could go both ways with that: Spino lunges forward to swipe at the Rex, foot gets caught on a fallen tree or pile of roots, falls, breaks its leg, Rex attacks its neck/spine, and its all over.

In modern times, super predators don't usually fight. This is why JP3 was so unbelievable. They wouldn't risk life and limb to fight each other, unless they were starving. They would try to intimidate each other, which would most likely make one back off. Only in extreme cases do predators (That are relatively the same size and strength) actually fight.
TyrannoTitan

Postby chook151 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:07 am

Hmm, agreed. Well, if thats that, T-rex would beat spino with a bite to the head. Spinosaurus can stab t-rex with it's claws. If a spinosaurus scratches you with some of the largest claws on any predator with the largest possible arms rex wont flinch and continue, He'll get wounded badly. Also, what TT says is true. Even if they did see each other from a distance, they would probably roar/hiss/ bark at each other then walk on.
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Previous

Return to Off-Topic