T-rex VS Spino?!?

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

T-rex or Spino?

Rex
82%
Spino
18%

Total votes : 34

T-rex VS Spino?!?

Postby Warlock93 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:42 pm

Ok...everyone thinks about this. Who would REALLY win between a T-rex and a Spino. So I thought I'd write this up for everyone to discuss.

Personally, I think the Rex would win, and here's why. Everyone knows spino was longer and taller. Here's a real world example that's pretty legit.

Pitbull VS Greyhound.

I'm pretty sure the greyhound is taller and longer, but really, what dog would win that fight(ask Michael Vick, maybe :P). That's my argument. What's YOURS?
The three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:15 pm

Spino was huge, but he was designed to eat fish. T-rex, on the other hand, was designed to crush bone. Like the thin, small head of a Spino. But Spino's long arms can really hurt the rex if it tries to crush its head. I say rex, but the rex would but extremely injured, and possibly die of blood loss later. Since Spino was probably faster, it would run from the rex's bite, then bite the rex. Then it would claw the rex if it got close. It might even dround the rex if it's too close to the water. If the spino and rex were fighting in a water bed were they couldn't get out and deeper water was there, spino would win. So, I say it all depends, but generally Rex.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:18 pm

Why isn't there an "it would be a draw" option? :P

I guess it depends mostly on terrain. yes, Rex was designed to rip and tear and Spino was designed to eat mainly fish. But when you think about it, even if they both survived the fight, they'd probably die of blood loss later. I agree with RL, except the opinion that Rex would win. I believe it would come out even.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Anaclagon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:18 pm

How would Spino be faster?

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby Legendary Elite » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:21 pm

The Spinos in Jurassic Park 3, like the Velocriaptors in the series were very innacurate. Spinosaurus in that movie was meant to be the most powerful predator on the island. However, it was only a fish-eater most of the time (and perhaps Ouranosaurus would've been another food source for it as well) besides eating other dinosaurs. It's teeth are strong but not very strong. They were similiar to a Gharial's teeth. T-Rex on the other hand, top predator in its habitat. It was meant to kill other dinosaurs and that's what it's teeth were designed for. T-Rex would easily be able break the neck of a Spinos. It's mouth would apply enough force to snap it, the Spinos wouldn't have a chance. Spinos would only be able to leave small bite wounds against a fully grown Rex. Even though it's claws would've been good for slashing, Rex still would be able to pin the Spinos beneath it.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Anaclagon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:23 pm

Besides, Trex looks cooler anyway and yes all the facts were stated pretty much. Trex did have I believe the strongest bite out of every animal and once bitten you have to lose a chunk of flesh if trying to shake it off. Besides, the third move just lost it when the T-rex died, they ripped off the star monster in the last 2 like that in like 5 minutes.
Last edited by Anaclagon on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:23 pm

It would be faster because it's more skinny, more streamlined.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Hopeflower » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:25 pm

Those same things would be a hinderance to it in a land battle. If you're skinny, chances are you're gonna get at least one bone broken.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:54 pm

I would say they both die if that was an option. not because of being so powerful, but because of sucking so much.
If the Rex tries to bite spino, it slashes the rex with its claws. possbily taking an eye out. If spino attacks it, rex eats its arms. In a fight to the death, you have a blind t-rex vs an armless spino. result, Spino bites onto Rexes neck and then T-rex bites its chest, Spino attempts to break Rexes neck and tears its teeth out, rex tears Spinos chest out. Spino dies from lack of vital organs. T-rex dies from its neck being torn off as the spino fell
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Zephyr » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:05 am

But also think along the lines that the rex evolved later on and that spino was obviously more fragile

then there the fact that their werent many large herbivore for spino to feed on back then in africa so once again back to eating fish
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby Warlock93 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:10 am

About the dying after the fight thing...the question is the winner of the fight. If the other dies later, who cares :P

BTW I'm glad this is actually a conversation :D
The three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Zephyr » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:11 am

yeah no kidding and their are a whole lot other conversations
Zephyr
Utahraptor
Utahraptor

Postby C S » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:04 am

most spino vs spino breaks out into full on wars..im guilty of that :roll:
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:08 am

Spino attempts to break Rexes neck and tears its teeth out

Its not stupid; it won't try something it has no chance of achieving.

If Spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus fought, I would have to give it to Trex. There is no way an animal built to eat fish can successfully kill a creature that has the strongest bite force in history. Yes, its like putting a Greyhound VS a Bull Dog.

I mean, its SPINE is right there. Oh ya, it allows them to intimidate other predators. But it also means they can die really, really easily. Plus the jaw size, shape, bite strength...

It may be longer, but that doesn't mean anything when you include its other flaws. Spino would probably run if it faced a Trex. Also, they aren't monsters: Animals will try to intimidate others before resorting to violence. So its not like a fight like that WOULD happen if they came face to face...
TyrannoTitan

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:54 am

Yep I agree with TT, Rex would win all the way, sure he might get injured, but lets real, Spino may be longer, but the Rex was more heavily built, so it was stronger, I will cast a vote, for the Rex.
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:13 am

Well here is some news for you all because this debate has gotten really old for me and I thought I'd just shove my opinion in here for the heck of it to get both sides just a bit of thought.

My vote goes to the rex yes. From what we can tell it has muscle, (possibly) speed, and some good size. Why is the spino so big? Well to claim it's territory of course. Why did the sauropods grow big? To scare the **** out of predators thats why and I belive it is exactly the same for spino, scare off compotition. It's like that big *** gun but when you fire it the little flag comes out with "bang!" imprinted on it. But who says the trex isn't the same thing? Who says the rex didn't get so big just to scare off the other scavengers. It has a big *** mouth, with bigass muscle for what? Disposeing of and tearring out flesh in a hurry. Cause as the Walking with Dinosaurs documentaries put it, the only thing one rex fears is another rex. And that is exactly my point. The faster you can devour a carcass the better because when bigger predators come you better start trucking.

But as it is always said, they never did collide, and most likely never will.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:22 am

Wait... rex could've been a scavernger... yet evidence also says that they could've been in packs. I think that's a counteraddiction.
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:30 am

... Vultures pack together when following lions, then they circle in the air around the kill the lions make until they leave. Sure it is not cooperation, but it is them tolerateing eachother. And besides. The information is substantial enough for me to believe. I think Trexs would be at wore with eachother for food. Size is often a way of scareing other animals off and useing it for scavengeing would be perfect.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Raptor Llama » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:31 am

I still wonder what they used their arms for...
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:33 am

Nothing, or everything. It could have simply been used for swatting at flies. Or if it had a third finger mabye gripping large prey to it's chest to bring it out of there before other predators come. Who knows.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Next

Return to Off-Topic