ARPG repair and improvement topic

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

ARPG repair and improvement topic

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:41 am

Although i'm almost sure TT's gonna go nuts on me for this, i couldn't help but think about it. I'm sure im not the only one who would LIKE to be able to RP fairly freely in ARPG. now, i've been looking at the rules, which, as i can imagine, is one of the reasons it's activity is as it is. Now, this topic is basically a place to request the addition or removal of a rule, a change in the state of the RPG [though not all changes will be possible since it's already this far into the RPG]. so, regardless of any rants, this is your place to talk...if enough people ask for the same thing, we'll change it [as long as it's not completely ridiculous like the choice to make 20 foot long lions or the like :roll: ]...
Last edited by The Kingpin on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Legendary Elite » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:49 am

I'm sorry, what does ARPG stand for?
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:13 am

Animal RPG
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:51 am

Hey, for the RPG well you say animal have turned uo dead, let me guess, are you bringing in Poachers and stuff like that?
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:02 pm

it could be anything. but that isn't what this topic is for. this topic is basically a survey to see who wants what done to improve the Animal RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:59 pm

As I said in that arguement awhile back, I want the no interspecies relationship rule removed. In my eyes it limits the rpg to severely as there isn't enough of one species to have much fun. :\
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:40 pm

You know my opinion on the rule removal of the interspecies alliances: Its complete ********. People are going to start allying themselves with random species like in ISS. Yes, even though I participated in ISS's "group", with went against the laws of NATURE, I still hated it imensely. Now, people are going to say "When in nature do animals talk?" and I have to say "Why don't you shut the f*ck up?" because theres a difference between keeping it realistic, and keeping it realistic to an extent that no one can talk to anyone else. They are sacrfices we made to actually make it an RPG. My imput: If its approved, there HAS to be a "Noodle" in the RPG. People that try to befriend EVERYTHING and people who make completely retarded alliances, EG: Herbivore and Carnivore, need to have their characters killed. ASAP.
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:13 pm

that was done ages ago. we already have an Executioner in there. i personally think the No Inter-species alliances rule should be removed. HOWEVER, that does not include Herbivore-Carnivore relations. also, creatures of drastically different size ranges need to be kept bound to the rule. for example: a mouse DOES NOT become friends with a lion/hippo/bear/girraffe...etc

now...just so we can settle this, i want to know. whose for keeping the No Interspecies Relations Rule, and whose against it?
Last edited by The Kingpin on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:14 pm

So, it basically means keep the inter-species relationships to sensible level, am I right?
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:28 pm

basically. thing is, i don't want it kept so strict that, for example, grey wolves can only become allies with other grey wolves..etc. i want to have a bit of open-endedness in the matter. for example, Tiger and bear alliances. Lion-Hyena alliances...etc etc etc...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby dinoman666 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:29 pm

And maybe have a good reason, like a mutual relationship. You scratch my back, I scratch yours, that kind of thing.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:31 pm

yeah. anyway, i'm about to make a poll for the idea in this topic. i want to know everyone's answer...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:36 pm

I don't agree with the inter-species alliances rule. personally, I think it limits the RPG too much, as Doc said earlier.
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Warlock93 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:42 am

I'm totally for opening it up. I SO want my clouded leopard to be able to have an eagle that watches his turf.
The three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.
Warlock93
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:48 am

that's a bit over the top. size differences and large strength differences. that kinda goes over the top. that's what TT DOESN'T want us to remove it for. we want to open it up. but we can't just remove it completely or things will get silly. hence why CIK pulled the Seismosaur-T.Rex alliance idea with his dinos and Crusher....you could have other, smaller animals look around, or maybe have the alliance you mentioned on ONE condition: you have to have a very believable reason for the two to be helping eachother. what the Eagle Gains and what your character Gains...etc

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:05 am

I vote for removing the no interspecies alliance, it limits the RPG way too much, and it keeps th animals from finding allies or stuff like that in other animals. Who agrees with me, if you don't, please post why.
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby C S » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:02 am

im against that. How in any way would it limit the RPG? do you see a crocodile in and an anocanda hunting together in the wild? NO. just stick to your own species, if you want alot of "animal friends" get a social animal to RP with
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:04 am

CS: everybody knows that a snake and a croc would never get along, best case scenario is that they see ech other and keep going in their direction or turn around and go away from each other.
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:15 am

I'm fine with Alliances, but I don't like it when the alliances turn into REALLY close friendships. (I.E. A Lion and a Cheetah becoming...Close)
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby CRUSHER IS KING » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:17 am

Stallo who says that is going to happen, think for a minute before posting, some people will do that, prolly.
CRUSHER IS KING
Banned

Next

Return to Off-Topic