SRPG discussion/possible recovery topic

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby TyrantTR » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:54 am

I think it shouldn't even be attempted to revive this thing, I mean ISS, it's rare to be executed, (although it is getting more frequent) unless you are really, bad, that i belive is because of the varriety of animals that people like. Carnos, Rexes raptors, ect. Pretty muc besides sizes sharks are all the same, and that is what everyone wants them to be. What is the point of killing off every bad player when they are just going to make more and the executioner will be overused. It's pointless.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:13 pm

if they keep making n00by characters, they get banned from the rpg

simple
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrantTR » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:43 pm

And then who will be left? You and like three to 2 others. Really, that doesn't make for a fun RPG.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Legendary Elite » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Look the fact is KP has made a very valuable point on the environment. Yes, it is big and blue, maybe the water might be cooler or warmer in some parts but otherwise that's it. Cause then I know people might start suggesting oil spills or whale hunters, but the fact is that would just be imitating the humans that get introduced in ISS. It would be rare and unlikely. And plus Orcas are technically kings of the ocean seeing as they practically eat anything, including whales and sharks. So really, we are very limited in the SRPG.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Lets not forget: Those who try and make a Jaws, Deep Blue Sea, or any other ridiculous, unrealistic plots will be shot in the head, as shown in the RPG...

But seriously, it has enough options as when ISS started. We just MADE ISS have more character options, examples being the mutants. BUT, if we see someone go "MUTANT WHALE" in SRPG, they will be capped aswell, for copying ISS. So ya, if people want the RPG to survive, you must do three things: Be creative, Stop with the "I'm the largest/strongest" ********, and overall: Stop. Being. Nooby. This, of course, doesn't apply to some in the RPG, but it DOES apply to others, and I think they know who they are...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Raptor Llama » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:41 pm

Ah, let me give a demostration.

The cold, clear water seperated as a mass moved through it, some of the water going into gills, travelling through, passing, letting the creature breath. The mass had a sidewalk grey top, as well as a pure white underside. The water calmed itself in the part were it passed, but more was disturbed were the creature was currently. It opened its mouth, revealing rows of white, glistening teeth, razor sharp at the edge. More water came through the mouth of the creature, all around it, above and below. It moved its head side to side as its coal black eyes rolled back to reveal a deathly whiteness taking its place. The jaws closed, the water breaking its formation as the teeth closed down on a seal that was in the middle. The teeth closed on its head, decapitating it as blood rushed out of the bite spot. It started making some of the water around it red, and the white death ate the seal.

Imagery is the key. You use tons of it, and no matter the subject, it will be detailed, in depth, and what not. The only problem is good plots don't always come about in the ocean. So, you gotta think and such. The sea is only about I believe around 3% or less explored, so, who knows. Then, or order to get a good plot, we might have to slightly sacrifice realism. Ex: interspecies alliances, if used correctly, can lead to spectacular plots. Remember, if used correctly. And were not talking about unrealism to the point of fish playing the keyboard, I'm just saying more of that type of basis.

Just a suggestion.
"Insert a really cool quote that makes me appear cool and wise and make it italicized to make it look quoteish here." - Raptor Llama
Raptor Llama
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Postby Anaclagon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:57 pm

Imagination is the problem....

From when it started I feel like options were limited, like everybody wanted to be like a Great White or something like that, something man eater like @_@

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:18 am

Seriously RL, you know as well as I do you have just opened yourself up.

Why did that sund good? BECAUSE YOU TRIED. Because you tried to make it sound good it did just that. THe fact is, no one tries. And when they don't try, others fall under there bad habbits. Example:

Post 1: "Hi george."

Post 2: "Who said that?" the fish said swimming full circle to see what the matter was.

Post 3: "It was I."

Post 4: "Who is I?"

Post 5: "Me"

Post 6: "Me who?"

You see what happens? I had less and less to work with. And it degrades EVERYTHING. You were only discriptive because you were trying to be discriptive. But everyone else won't do that, because they want to finish posting while everyone is on.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Previous

Return to Off-Topic