Skull Island RPG Recreation

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Should Skull Island RPG Be Remade?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes : 17

Skull Island RPG Recreation

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:33 pm

Ok, after much discussion, we think that this RPG, if made by one of the staff and enforced as much as the other RPGs, could be very successful unlike the last version.

If it is made (I, personally, will make the rules, template, and creature list), members MUST (M-U-S-T) do the following:

Pay attention to other RPGs and not forget them like the previous version caused.

Make posts as different from ISS as possible, we don't want it to be a clone. This doesn't mean lower the quality, it also means you should make the creatures act too human and the like. Just instead of mutants and the like, we would make it something different for this RPG.

ALSO: I do NOT want to see thousands of V-rexs. If we see that happening, we will start killing them off. Be open minded people.

So I ask all members: Do you think this RPG should be remade (With the above changes, among other changes)?
TyrannoTitan

Re: Skull Island RPG Recreation

Postby Iceking » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:38 pm

I think it could have one more chance. As long as people play properly in it, i don't see why we shouldn't give it another go.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:01 am

I reckon it's possible. But yes, re-inforced and it should proove more effective than last time like you said. But we need a variety of monsters to choose from and not necessarily made-up like last time (e.g. Zolosaurus=Giganotosaurus). We could make it that we can get monsters from the book of King Kong as well and the previous movies that weren't in the latest movie of King Kong. I will search up on a guide to the inhabitants and species of Skull Island.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Anaclagon » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:06 am

Do we get ppl to play as kong ppl but I think it help lessen the ammount of V-rexes

prehaps even humans will also be a interesting concept

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:34 am

LE: No need, I have the World of Kong, and they are the ONLY creatures allowed in SIRPG, if its made.

Anaclagon: No Kong, because A: According to Skull Island history, there are none left. B: They are too powerful, obviously. Skull Islanders will be mainly for plots, and some choosen people who want to play as them, can.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:42 am

TT: That's fine but let's not do what we did in ISS, humans come by and come with guns blazing. This could be after King Kong was taken off the island and his death in New York. Things would be very different on the island.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:48 am

Exactly, there will be no "capturing and taking to a city" crap.

But the Skull Islanders can be involved in many plots actually. They don't, obviously, have guns, and are primitive man.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Legendary Elite » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:13 am

True, it's amazing how they can survive in such a hostile environment but then they've been around as long as the creatures that exist there most likely.
Legendary Elite
Banned

Postby Anaclagon » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:08 am

how much approval is needed?

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby C S » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:21 am

I say do it, when I made the E-war version it was good.

so an RPG version run by admins should be better.
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:24 am

Anaclagon: I want to get as many members' opinions as possible. If I see that alot of the active members already voted, I'll add the RPG.

Making the creature list. Very specific. Only problem is that I try to describe the creatures as best as I can, so if your not sure, Google the name, you'll probably find something about it. MANY creatures in this, ALL from the Kong universe.
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:26 am

I have the book about the life of Skull Island, TT, if you need any help.
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 am

Thanks, but I got it. The book is awesome, isn't it? It, combined with the many viewings of King Kong 2007 convinced me to tell the rest of the staff about remaking SI RPG, and doing it right.

I think I'm half way done with the creature list...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Anaclagon » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:29 am

A link from wikipedia has list of animals, its a gameboard but it gives good descriptions about creatures from Skull Island...though I rather have my guy..

Remember the Name
Anaclagon
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:31 am

TT: You don't have to add everything, of course. The stegosaur species (whose name I forgot) is incredibly rare and barely worth being a notable creature.

And the carrion pits could lead to some interesting plots...
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:31 am

Anaclagon: PM me the link and I'll put it up on the first post. But not all creatures are allowed in the RPG, so I still have to make the list.

DM: Still, its a noteable species. This is skull island in its prime (Minus the Apes), so there would be a number of them left.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:35 am

before the crumbling? (SI was doomed, some site said i was the rea atlantis, and that instead of sinking, it crumbled apart and sank)
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:37 am

Yes, before Skull Island even started to fall apart (But, like I said, minus the apes for power reasons).
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:39 am

It could be that the apes haven't been sent to the island yet (since it's believed they were imported there).
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby C S » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:40 am

wow, some drug dealer had giant apes in his cargo

who knew?
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Next