Pets

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue May 22, 2007 5:03 pm

Scorpions are VERY easy to care for in my opinion. It all depends on the species though. Emperors like Eddy are extremely easy to care for and the only thing you have to worry about is keeping a high humidity.

BUT, and I say this to everyone who will listen, me and my family adore animals and are able to house kinds of animals that are called "hard to keep". I am NOT saying these great things about these animals because I want people to get them. EVERY animal I own needs care and attention. Some people neglect these needs just because they want something "cool" to show their friends. They end up killing the animal or giving it away because they think it was a "bad" choice. Quite the opposite. Bad OWNERS, not animals. If anyone here is even thinking about getting animals like these, you must be DEAD SERIOUS. The only reason I have these animals is because they interest me and I love animals in general. I talk to my snakes, dogs, ferrets, and scorpion. I treat them like people. And if you have bad bros/sisters (KP) don't get any "sensitive" animals until those people mature.

Enough ranting for now :) .
TyrannoTitan

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 22, 2007 8:52 pm

lol....TT, what the heck do you think i've been saying since we started the Pets topic? im waiting 'til i get my own home before i get a "sensitive" pet...for now, we have a chicken in cat's clothing and a bird that talks like an indian to live with...seriously, we do...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

pets

Postby Iceking » Tue May 22, 2007 8:52 pm

don't you have to worry about your scorpion stinging you? you would have to get medical attention if that happened.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue May 22, 2007 9:12 pm

His sting is as strong as a bee's and I'm not allergic. So, no biggy.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Tue May 22, 2007 9:15 pm

wow. your pretty lucky. my parents won't let me have a scorpion for a pet because they think it will sting me and i'm not allergic to them.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue May 22, 2007 9:22 pm

I DO use gloves because of those nasty claws but he ends up crawling on my skin anyway (He goes PAST the gloves..) So I don't really mind.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Tue May 22, 2007 9:24 pm

it must feel weird to have him crawling on your skin.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sat May 26, 2007 7:13 pm

Nah, it feels cool.

Today, I had Rosy out of her tank. She was happy: being able to explore my living room. I trust her now so I let her crawl around on the floor and furniture. My sister was petting her and Rosy was happy. Then...I put Rosy back and brought out Eddy. My sister freaked. She said she was ganna kill him....but I know she's lieing. She doesn't have enough guts to even come near him.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Tue May 29, 2007 10:20 pm

wonder why she's terrified of ferrets?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 29, 2007 10:28 pm

she's not. she's afraid of his Scorpion, Eddy

BTW, it's not the sting you need to worry about with an Emperor Scorpion. it's the tools it uses to get you within striking distance. it'll grab you with those incredibly strong claws of its, damaging you wherever it's holding, and then stinging you...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Tue May 29, 2007 10:33 pm

i know. btw, i saw a huge black snake in my yard and when it moved, it moved fast for a snake.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 29, 2007 10:35 pm

well, if you saw it in Kuwait, i would've told you to get the hell outta there [here in Kuwait we have a large, hoodless, black species of Cobra...hard to identify, very lethal]

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Iceking » Tue May 29, 2007 10:39 pm

i live in virginia. the only poisionous snakes in virginia are rattler snakes.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue May 29, 2007 11:00 pm

Maybe it was someone's ilegal pet.

I have Izzy in my hand as I am typing this. Its kinda challenging, typing with one hand :P .

She says hi.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Iceking » Tue May 29, 2007 11:07 pm

cool. tell her everyone on this site says hi as well.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Wed May 30, 2007 12:35 am

Hey iceking, where do you live? What continent? Because that snake might've been a black racer. Did it have a red underbelly?
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Iceking » Wed May 30, 2007 12:38 am

i live on the continent of north america. i live in crozet virginia. the snake had a yellowish/whitish belly and a black tounge.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Hopeflower » Wed May 30, 2007 1:15 am

'Kay, it was a black rat snake. Non venemous, lucky for you.
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Iceking » Wed May 30, 2007 11:59 am

what kind on poisionous snakes live on your continent?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed May 30, 2007 7:29 pm

Izzy is back and happily sleeping.

I have rattle snakes here in PA. And water mokasins. They are both extremely rare though. I, myself, have never found a wild snake here in PA. And I look for 'em every summer.
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic