Pets

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 1:56 pm

zomg! you have an albino ferret. your one lucky guy,tt to have an albino ferret where did you get it?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 20, 2007 1:59 pm

Petco. You really shouldn't buy from Pet Stores but...

Also, we got Ted for free. My dad knew someone who was giving their ferret away and he said we could take him. And there he is.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 2:00 pm

what do the ferrets eat? getting a ferret for free must be fun if you like ferrets.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 20, 2007 2:04 pm

They are carnivores. They eat ferret food though. The food is made of meat and such.

And yes, even though we didn't know if Ted was a good or bad ferret, he is the best (attitude-wise) ferret we own. I don't play favorites, it's just that Ted doesn't figit when you hold him.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 2:09 pm

how many times are your ferrets fed a day?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 20, 2007 2:10 pm

You just have to keep their bowl full. No feeding schedules.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 2:11 pm

sounds like they're very easy pets to take care of.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 20, 2007 2:14 pm

They have to come out for at least an hour and a half each day. When I mean out, I mean out of the cage to play. You have to dedicate a good bit of time for them, but they are very worth it. Seeing them playing (They squiek and hop around when they play and/or are happy) makes me laugh every time.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 2:21 pm

do you have a picture or video of them playing?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 20, 2007 2:28 pm

I'll make a clip today (In about 40 mins I will be going to let them out to play) and you'll see it proabaly on Photo Bucket (I'll give a link)
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 2:29 pm

thanks. that clip will be fun to see. also, do you ever have to scold your ferrets?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 20, 2007 2:32 pm

Yes, only when they "miss" the litter and crap on my floor (I have hardwood floors though) You should NEVER, EVER, physically scold your ferret(s). All I do is scruff them and say firmly "No!". Scruffing is when you hold the skin on the back of their neck. That makes them sleepy, mother ferrets do it to make their babies calm.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 6:31 pm

have your ferrets ever thrown up on the floor?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sun May 20, 2007 7:19 pm

my cat's done that....out of shape Hairball.... :x *hair stands on end*....ECK! :x
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 7:23 pm

one of my dogs eats bees and doesn't seem to be affected by their stingers.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby HorseGal » Sun May 20, 2007 7:28 pm

My cat ate a bee or some type of a huge fly once. Cats could really come in handy when you have a bug in your house. :lol:
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Sun May 20, 2007 7:50 pm

speaking of which, how many people here dont like to have bees near them?

OFF TOPIC! OFF TOPIC! OFF TOPIC!

:P

well, if your cat were over here in Kuwait, i would've said she ate a Basra fly [fly from Basra, Iraq. they're black, hairy and enormous. bigger than your thumbnail, and they sound like helicopters... :lol: ]
Last edited by The Kingpin on Sun May 20, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Swiftclaw » Sun May 20, 2007 7:52 pm

Me! I dun like bees or wasps!
Swiftclaw
Worm
Worm

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 8:02 pm

i despise bees as well.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby The Kingpin » Sun May 20, 2007 8:10 pm

wow...im surprised. personally, i dont mind either. as long as you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. once while i was leaving my classroom with a pack of Salt Flavoured crisps [they have bright red packets], a bee landed on the packet. i just looked at it. it started walking on the packet, and as it reached the edge and was about to go around to the underneath of it, i flipped the packet, being as gentle as possible. it kept walking, then stopped. i put my mouth closer, and started blowing gently. it seemed to enjoy the breeze. after that, i blow a bit harder, and it jumped off and left. it seemed to act like a friend to me for a little while, just following me where i went. i walked up to my friends, who had collected together, sat down and started chatting, adn they spotted it. they were like bullets. im looking at them confused, and they're yelling "Bee! bee!!!". i look behind me and see that bee that sat on the packet earlier hovering behind me. i smiled and looked at my friends, and it flew off....one of the really wierd animal related stories i have. "Bee a friend" :lol: ...

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic