Pets

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 20, 2007 9:24 pm

My ferrets never barfed. My one ferret coughed up a hairball once. But it wasn't a big deal.

PICTURES....AGAIN!

Izzy, our female Ball Python finally came out to soak in her water. So, I took her out to take pictures:
This was when she frist came out.

These are of her when she actually "woke up".

As soon as my camera charges, I'll upload the videos. I may just do it now, if the camera can do it. I toke video of one of my dogs, Cleo, of Rosy, and of the ferrets.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 9:29 pm

nice python :D how old is she?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby HorseGal » Sun May 20, 2007 9:34 pm

I like her. She's pretty! :)
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 20, 2007 10:03 pm

@ Iceking: She's only a few months old.

@ HG: Thanks!
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 10:04 pm

your snake looks older tha that. the vids ready yet?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 20, 2007 10:55 pm

Trust me, Ball Pythons get a good 2-2.5 inches thick. She's got a good bit to go.

I've uploaded the video and just finished editing. It didn't have sound so I added music.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 10:58 pm

sounds good. where are the links?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 20, 2007 11:41 pm

Right here.

I hope ya like it.

CRAP! Photo Bucket cuts it off at about 5 minutes in. It's only 6 minutes long though.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Sun May 20, 2007 11:53 pm

nice vid. you have some incredible pets. i can't imagine how much it costs to keep them fed each year.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Sun May 20, 2007 11:58 pm

Not that much surprisingly.

Dogs and ferrets cost the most. The two snakes only need one mouse a week. Eddy eats a cricket every two days (I have about 6-9 more left).
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Mon May 21, 2007 12:03 am

doesn't sound liek much. what do the snakes do after they've eaten?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon May 21, 2007 12:58 am

They sleep for about two days. Thats the only time I don't bother them. I am trying to make them as human-friendly as possible.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Mon May 21, 2007 11:05 am

do they sometimes bite?
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon May 21, 2007 4:31 pm

Not really. When Rosy gets mad she rattles her tail like a rattle snake. You are NEVER supposed to put them back after they do that stuff. Your just proving that if they bite, you'll leave them alone.

Izzy is actually really cute and funny when new people are around. My mom put her hand out yesterday so Izzy could slither on it (Rosy really likes my mom for some reason) and Izzy's head moved back and she (Izzy) put her head under her coil like she was shy. It was funny.
TyrannoTitan

pets

Postby Iceking » Mon May 21, 2007 8:51 pm

very cute. i wish i had a snake for a pet.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue May 22, 2007 12:21 am

Ya...they're great. I finally did something with Rosy I've never done before...

I let her on my bed ALONE while I cleaned out her.....droppings. She was fine on the bed, and I came over and talked to her for a bit after I was done. I put her back and she let me pet her on her back before she slithered away, and I decided to bring Eddy out. He was very good too. I was able to bring him into my basement without him moving too much. My sister freaked out, but hey, not many people like poor ol' Eddy :D .

Also, my mom might ACTUALLY let me get a Savannah Monitor!!!
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Tue May 22, 2007 12:25 am

Wow... as long as it isn't a crocodilian!
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue May 22, 2007 1:50 am

Nah. It's illegal in my state to have a croc and the sort. Its actually related to a Komodo Dragon.
TyrannoTitan

Postby dinoman666 » Tue May 22, 2007 2:07 am

Exactly. I have the suden urge to get a Komodo Dragon for a pet... Hehehehe... :twisted:
"Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic."
-Megatron
dinoman666
Wyvern
Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Tue May 22, 2007 10:30 am

you guys are bloody lucky over there in the States....you can have just about anything as a pet. here, the imported pets [like iguanas, Chameleons, Skinks, Snakes, various types of fish] aren't kept properly. bloody Pakistanis who sell them dont care about their health. as long as they bring in money, and arent around when the pissed family comes after him because it died on the first day, he's happy. animal welfare is WORTHLESS to some of them, the ********. over there, proper, RESPONSIBLE people are in charge of the pet stores...over here, it's a great big area [about mall sized] made up of several long, alley like corridors with small pet shops on either side. these are the best of them. they are the ones who raise the animals, but occasionally give you wrong feeding instructions [or alternatives you cant trust. that was the cause of death for my first Iguana, Rex; a male that could whip like no other :P ]. there are also the large shaded areas where the guys without shops sell the pets. they are terrible quality animal keepers [i bought a couple of Iguanas from him. the first, a Male, died on the first day. the second lasted several months then suddenly died at around 2 AM a few years ago. i only got one Iguana after that, and none since, because i couldn't bare the pain of losing pets out of these fools' lack of care]. but of course, there are some excellent quality pet shops there. one of them sold us a Mina Bird who still screams his head off every now and then [much to my dad's annoyance :lol: ], and the fact that we've founsd a good vetrinary clinic means that now we can REALLY take care of our pets. before, we used to go to a pet food shop and describe the symptoms to the shop owner and he'd give us food that could treat the problem. now it's much better. as you can see, pets are unfortunately mis-treated by their breeders [or sellers as it seems. most of them really do an excellent job of caring for them, but some of them are absolutely revolting!]. and here in Kuwait, the Emir's too greedy to spend any money on starting an Animal Welfare Society here [im intending to start one up, if i ever find the time]...

there are the good, adn the bad. unfortunately, a money grabbing government is not spending enough to iradicate the bad. though Kuwait does have a section that watches for things that aren't up to standard with human rights and Welfare. but, im not 100% sure that they watch the animals very well [correction. sued to watch. since birdflu hit the area, they've been checking the pet areas and poultry farms with a fine tooth comb. with a bit of luck, the standards will be too low, and will force the government to make a movement to improve the Animal's health there.]

I wish i had a pet Scorpion...or snake...such cool pets....2 things stop me: pet options, little bros...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic