Pets

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby chook151 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:09 pm

well, they're cool, a bit stupid, roosters are cocky (Duh lol) , and this is not funny but creepy. I've found that when two hens fight, the raise the feathers at the back of their neck like a frill, JUST like the dilpohosaurus in JP1.
They're quite easy to handle, but when they start brooding , well,http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=GqWc7wmZOgc, might get on your nerves, because they're loud as trumpets. They also mix pretty good with guinea fowls. We had some of those too once, but they died. They looked like puffins when they were babies though.
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:15 pm

your lucky. if you dont mind me asking, where in australia are you? cause i wanna swim in the great barrier reef really bad. and you get fricking chickens in your house. lucky! :o
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby chook151 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm in SA, I always thought it was the best state, but acctually it's the worst. Last time i went over my auntie's a gang of drunks puked into her mailbox and threw bottles at the window. ahem, back on topic. We have about 40 chickens in total, and we've trained our dog batty to DEFEND the chooks, instead of.... biting them. And luckily, no-onbe wants to buy from us cause our chickens are MEGA MIXED BREEDS! cause when mixed breeds breed with other mixed breeds, you get completely new chicken species! And the chickens egg colour ranges from white and brown to blue and green. :shock:

heres a pic from a few years back. Caramel and the chickens(Which are now full grown mothers and fathers): Image
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:02 am

And heres meh dog. Behold!
http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/ss21 ... mpa010.jpg (same pic)
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Tediz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:02 am

Sorry for kinda bringing back a Dead Topic... But look! Here's my Doggy's, my Kitty, and my Horse. ( We have like five, but I'm only putting the one that's actually mine. )

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:33 am

awww like em
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby HorseGal » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:35 am

They are such good pictures! Your animals are so cute, especially the one of your kitten playing with the string. You should post a picture of your hedgehog. ^_^
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:32 pm

you have a hedgy?! post it please I love hedgehogs!
Last edited by Evil Eye on Wed May 12, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby Tediz » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 pm

Sure thing buddy. My Mom took these Pictures, but here you go.

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares - Hebrews 13:2
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:50 am

Thanks! He/she is cute :P
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby LV-426 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Here's Gizmo!!!!!!!
Get away from her you *****
Game Over Man, Game Over
Stay Frosty
Were in the pipe five by five
They Mostly Come at Night Mostly

Aliens the most quotable movie Ever
LV-426
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby o-eternal-o » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Aww, that's adorable. I wish i had a dog
o-eternal-o
Praying Mantis
Praying Mantis

Postby Tediz » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:48 am

HAY GUYZ I GOTA NEW PUPY!!!1111

Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:43 pm

wow.....striking is an understatement. awesome.

well...about time i got off my *** and posted a few pics.

Mutleg [aka Explorer Cat]. his strange name is actually a stereotypical bedouin name here in Kuwait. we chose it for him due to his [and his sister Amsha's] mischievous nature, which Bedouin kids are known for [hell, the stereotype works both ways. Bedouins are stereotyped as cats and cats as bedouins]. simple way to describe him: Walking rubbish compactor. any kind of food is on his menu, and though we put out typical cat food with all the nutrients and vitemins and stuff he needs, he has taken it upon himself to be present at every family meal, sitting by someone's leg waiting for food. you don't want to give it to him? he gives you The Stare. he MAKES you give it to him :P . it's a good idea not to leave any form of consumable foodstuffs within reach. if it's packed, he'll rip it open. if it's wrapped in tinfoil, he'll rip it open. ice cream bowls are a favourite. also loves Salmon and Steak. i call him explorer cat because he has a daily routine of exploring the entire house, my room especially. he'll walk in, hop onto my bed, walk around on it for a bit, sit on my bedside table for a while, then squeeze through the cushions and pillows, hop off the other side, try and squeeze into one of my closets, fiddle around in there for a while, walk out, check out my Iguana's terrarium, then squeeze into the gaps around my PC desk and roam among the electronics, come out th other end, stuff his head in a random shoe, then walk back out of the room. daily.

Amsha [aka CuddleCat]. Mutleg's younger and more reclusive sister. she has crazy moments where she'll randomly bolt up or down the stairs and randomly leap up a door panel or tackle her brother to the ground. she often wins their little playfights, though those are getting rarer lately. she has a bit of an underbite, causing teeth to sick out of her mouth. this seems to cause no irritation, so we've decided to leave it rather than try and mess with it. she also tends to stick her tongue out cartoonishly when she's happy or in one of her crazy moods, much to the amusement of everyone watching. she also has an odd habit of sleeping in the shower stall. loves playing with water. i call her CuddleCat because she is the most social and cuddly of the Persian Trio. she enjoys roaming my dad's bedroom during our daily movie [having an almost professional Home Cinema has it's uses, afterall. it's the reason i randomly disappear every day between now and....4 hours from now]. and in case you were wondering, she's currently pullin her crazy face [in the pic there]. she tackled the camera and then the door panel not long after the picture was taken.

Alaska [formerly Lola back when she was in Romania]. the oldest of the three and being such by several years. she's the grumpy old prune of the bunch. very shy and antisocial most of the time, you don't get much chance to get within 3-4 feet of her, so you have to enjoy it if you get the chance :P . she was brought here by my older brother on one of his trips to Romania, so we think that the travel might've frightened her so much she's irrecoverable. she alo sees herself as Queen of the World. very snobby attitude. if you're worthy of her divine presence, she'll let you near. if not? forget it. :P . when she was younger we used to call her The Mechanic, because she a black spot in the middle of her forehead between her ears that wouldn't wash away. it has faded in the past year for some unexplained reason, and we don't know where it came from or why it disappeared. for those of you who don't know, she was one of the ones considered for the role of Grievous in the upcoming but scrapped Star Wars: Pets. her eyes are perfect :P ...

we also have an Iguana [Emerald. Alaska in Iguana form], and Nut the Mina Bird [named her that due to a random superstition that a beautiful bird+a beautiful name is tempting fate and a recipe for disaster], and a small Iraqi Bulbul [not sure what it's called in English] who really has no name, though i call him Tuwair [a pet-name for baby bird]. he's probably the most lovable of the lot. small bird, big personality. always happy to see us and often heard singing happily during meal times or other moments of peace in the house....

unfortunately, no pics for them...
Last edited by The Kingpin on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Giratina93 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:45 pm

WOW! Ncie pets you got there, KP!

Unfortunatly, I don't have a pet...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby HorseGal » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:21 am

Wow, your cats are BEAUTIFUL KP. :) My mom recently got a new cat (well she found him a few months ago on the street and decided to bring him to the vet, get him checked, and adopt him). His name is Spirit, I'll try to get a pic of him up soon.
"You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night."-Phantom POTO
"There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star." -Henry Thoreau
HorseGal
Allosaurus
Allosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:09 pm

Got a new camera as an early birthday present, so I decided it was time to break it in with some pics of the family pets. :3

I posted a pic of this little terror a while back. This is that little fuzzball I named Willow [nicknamed the Hell Kitten], now more than a year old and quite the cutie. Don't let her looks deceive you though - she's not afraid to let you know who "the boss" in the house is. She dislikes strangers a lot, vocalizing this with loud meows and making it known that they're not welcome by charging their ankles, claws fully extended and ripping at the carpet. She has her moments, though. When she goes into heat she becomes the most bipolar thing you've ever seen - one second enjoying the attention you give her, the next sinking claws and teeth into your hand. She occasionally curls up to sleep with mom, and for some strange reason, whenever she's in the basement she becomes uncharacteristically affectionate, licking your fingers and even toes if you're going barefoot. She wasted little time in putting our new puppy in her place when Mocha first arrived, and the two still have their fights. [Mocha just does not get that the cats don't want to play with her...>.>] Whenever the chance arises, she'll dash out the back door and hide underneath the stairs. It can take a while to coax her back out, and she's never a happy camper about it. Recently she tore my arm up pretty damn good when I tried to bring her back inside.

[Note: That fork in front of her? I just decided to call it Fred. :3]

This is our resident sweetheart, now that our older cats [Whiskey and Bailey] have passed away. Her name is Angel. She's a former stray we found several years ago under our car as we [one of my sisters, my mom, and I] were heading off to school. At first it seemed she wouldn't really settle in - she fought with our other cats and the dog we used to have [her name was Shay] on a regular basis. But after a couple of weeks, she did get used to living in the house, provided we let her out into the backyard whenever she wanted. That had to be stopped, however, when we found her limping, took her to the vet, and found out she'd somehow broken her pelvis in a couple of different places. [We decided she must've gotten hit by a car.] Now, however much she begs, she's not allowed outside. Sometimes she slips past us, though she never goes too far. I dunno if this is because she's been locked up for so long she forgot what it was like outside, or if she's just reluctant to repeat her little accident. If you sit down in a chair, before too long she'll be at your feet, meowing and begging for cuddle time. You don't want to let her into your lap, she gives you this cute, big-eyed look [not unlike Puss in Boots] that makes you give in. But touch her hips when you're petting her, and she will make it known that she hates that with a loud meow and occasionally a hiss.

And last, but certainly not least, the newest addition to our family. She's a German shepherd-collie mix named Mocha, and the biggest troublemaker in the family. While she looks cute, she has a reputation for tearing things apart. Anything from shoes to crayons to plastic food bowls - anything she can get her teeth around, she will destroy. She also regularly goes after pant legs and your arms, p*sses and sh*ts on the carpet no matter how many times we've told her that's wrong, and bounces incessantly when anyone new or an old face she remembers walks into the house. Despite all that, she's a big cuddler and loves any and all attention she can get. She'll come up to me while I'm on the computer and poke me with her nose until I give in and pet her for a bit. Then she's back half an hour later. She's a quick learner, too - she learned her name in a couple of days, and she did well with manners training too. Her best friend is a golden Labrador puppy named Blondie, who my grandmother is currently taking care of while her owners are away. She delights in playing with anyone and everyone, and often chases Angel and Willow around the house even though her nose has already gained a few scars from their claws. She also seems to be a little gender-confused - whenever she's got a toy or blanket in her mouth she will try to hump people's legs. And furniture. Drives us nuts trying to figure out why she does it. [We're hoping that when we get her spayed this will stop.]
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Very adorable. The Angel cat has a "I am not amused" face :P

Dog looks especially adorable. I have a soft spot for puppies and dogs in general <_<
TyrannoTitan

Postby Hopeflower » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:13 pm

lawl. yeah, Angel wasn't happy about me taking a pic of her. She ran away after I got the shot. X3

Mocha on the other hand was content to lay there and look cute for the picture. (She was probably planning to grab something else she's not supposed to have. >.>)
"Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come."
"Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do." ~ Bob Ross

"The future is always uncertain and painful but it must be lived." ~ Unknown
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:20 pm

The evil ones always appear cute and loving :P

My first ferret, Tasha, is evidence of this.

As for Mocha's 'problem'...well, one of our old dogs had this problem too. She never grew out of it. Though I hope your dog does :/
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic