Stories From Beyond The Servers...(A Gmod Topic =D)

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Stories From Beyond The Servers...(A Gmod Topic =D)

Postby C S » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:31 am

You play Gmod, and you have a funny, cool and memorable experiance. So, if you want to tell us about your expeiriance?

So, heres mine

I was a hover craft/ cargo ship mechant on a water world server. I was transporting props and people from place to place. And then, this guy, was trying to buil a submarine thing, but he couldnt use the tools correctly and when he used them, the entire thing exploded (The after math ussually consisted of props flying every where and nearly killing me D=) so, he got pissed and started sinking other's wooden ships. One victim got pissed and declared war.So I was happy cause people will need me to transport stuff, people wanna hide, etc,but then,I was AFK, and when I came back, I was killed, cheaply. So I was all "YER GOING DOWN BIT*H" and cnverted my hover craft into a ship of war. And what a war it was......

I was sailing.heard noises of gunsturns out, "pissy" as I call him got his friends to join the game and fight for him.so, I went in, wOTW music, Thunder Child, playing, shooting at every thing all rambo style. Sank one of his friends, his other friend was being teamed on. In the end, Pissy appologized. :D

Much people died :cry:

Server was at peace again :D

I lost my cookie :cry:

im smiley spamming..crap
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Tediz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:52 am

Sounds like a fun game................ What the hell is a Gmod? XD
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Doc 42 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:26 pm

Wow, I cant believe I didnt notice this topic before...

Tediz, Gmod is a game, originally a mod built for Half life 2, but now works with several source games. Its basicly the ultimate sandbox, allowing you to build and just mess around with nearly any prop with a wide array of tools. One of its best parts is the sheer amount of user addons and models for it which provide LOTS of new content.

One server, we were playing Space build, when the Admin accidently cleared everything. We were all completely cheesed off, me esspeicially (had been working on a huge ship)
One guy though, had saved his ship with the adv duplicator and respawned it. So we all decided just to make quick ships and then use his as a refueling point. Some people built fighters. Some build statue style ships with tiny cockpits, I built this ricktey weak ship made largely of metal beams. It had a small cockpit at the front, some life support devices in a tiny hanger in its mid section and then a bunch of solor collectors on its tail and 'wings'
I built a tower sticking out of the central beam with a gun turret at the top which could be manned by a crew member.

I also put a jeep inside the hanger, which could be detached via magnet.

When it finally came to fly off, one dudes contraption had black holed, so he came with me to man my gun turret.

We launched off earth and headed for mars in a muddled group around that one guys big ship. He had put resource plugs on the outsides so that people could refuel when needed.
It was fun. My gunner spent his time testing if everyone's ships were bullet proof while I had fun with the other pilots, racing occasionally and ramming each other.

The first death was my fault.

It all started innocently, I managed to harpoon a strange crescent like ship, made out of large combine parts. At first, the pilot didnt notice, so I left my line attached, thinking about trying to reel his ship in. Then he sped up and reached the end of my line. Before I could increase its length, his ship was pulled off course, one side shooting foreward, the other held back. He screamed out over the chat, asking what the hell i was doing. I quickly tried to cut the line but accidently started reeling it in. This pulled him back and put him off course even more. When I did detach it, his ship lurched foreward, right into the path of the main refueling ship. You might think that isnt a big deal, but this is in the days where Multi weld was a dream on the horizon. The refueling ship rammed into its side, instantly back holing the badly made quick-ship. It wobbled away in a mess of props and sparks before the pilot ejected... and was immeidiately smashed to peices by his own ship. While he uttered every curse available towards me, we continued on as if nothing had ever happened. We had almost reached mars when the nightmare started.

The dude in the refueling ship goes "Whoa! Guys! Who turned off my air compressors"

someone goes "Air compressors dont work in space..."

He goes "Oh.... how much air do you have left?"

Thats when the panic started. Everyone swooped in on the refueling ship, intent on grabbing the last bit of air left. Sadly, their was none when I got there and we were left on what we had. Mine was almost out air at that stage, but my trusty harpoon came into use again. I fired it into a small fighter like ship, dragging it towards my own. While the pilot uttered every curse available, I told my gunner to get out of the turret and walk along the grav plating to connect his refueling plug to our storage. We took the last of his air and then dissconnected, quickly detaching the harpoon and flying away.

Everyone was splitting up at that point, afraid of people stealing their air. Anyone who didnt split up was dying from lack of air. Soon only the ships with large storages were left piloted.

We were really close to mars at that point. Sadly, I knew we wouldnt make it. I had tried to terraform mars before and knew that you needed alot of air and energy to start off. There simply wasnt enough for two people. I told my gunner to hop into the jeep, ready to drop him onto mars. I said it had its own storage, so there was no reason to take a suit. He hopped into the jeep and goes "dude, storage isnt working"
Thats when I detached the jeep and left him floating.

I eventually landed on mars and set up a coloney on my own.
Someone else set up a colony on Venus's moon. Another person went back to earth. Everyone else: Both dead and HELLA angry :P
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby C S » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Wow man, ditching yer crew member...thats harsh......but hella funny...

Ok, hot topic, MINE TRAPS

I made a restaurant.....

Minge came in and destroyed every thing

Made a...."Pan cake maker"

said dun press the button

minge presses button

every other player enjoys a flattened minge treat

I always knew that crane attachment with that weird flat base would come in handy...........
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Tediz » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:03 am

... lol, Were can I go to download that Client thing?
Tediz
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby C S » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:35 am

"Ground contol to major tom, take your protein pills and put your helmet on...Ground control to mahjor tom........commensing count down, engines on..check ignition and may god's love be with you....THIS GROND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM! YOU'VE REALLY MADE THE GRADE!!"

Well, Im Compy Scavenger, derangedmonkey on Gnmod, and In space build, I did not make that grade..

I built a ship, perfect life support ETC and took off. Until Ileft the atmosphere, it was perfect. Then....space...the silence...the grandu- what the fu- OMG THE SHIP IS SHAKIN FOR SOME REASON-OMFG *crashes onto an asteroid, ejecting just in time to see my ship spirlling out of contol in a mess of shaking metal and sparks, floats arund helplessly for 3- 4 minutes before dying, and my departure from the map*
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Return to Off-Topic