Massive Snake in Borneo

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Do you believe the picture's real?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes : 13

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:40 am

You could see them poking the snakes skin... of course, they were smaller than elephant tusks, but, you get the idea
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Postby The Kingpin » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:40 am

the image i'm getting is at some point the hog's tusks getting caught between a couple of ribs. wonder how THAT'll work out. chances are, not good for the snake :P

personally, i think the image is fake. the resolution of the snake vs. the resolution of the picture isn't quite the same. the forest and river around it has a higher resolution than the snake itself, from my point of view. the second one looks really out of place. not only because of the size and proportions compared to the previous image, but also the colour. a BLACK snake at that size? either we've come across a new species entirely, or we've come across a faked image. last i saw all the black snakes were relatively small, venomous ones. not giants like this one. then you, as could be expected, have the issue of food. this snake would have to feed very regularly, on relatively small meals, to avoid putting itself in danger. regardless of it's size, i don't think a snake could fit it's jaws around an elephant's skull. hippos are also a big too big. and the rarity of those animals makes them a bad food source to depend on. there just wouldn't be enough of them for it to feed on them on a regular basis. in terms of weight hindering it's movement, i disagree. i think it CAN move on land, just not as fast as most other large snakes. though it would most likely stick to water where it's speed isn't so heavily impaired...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby SuperNerd » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:33 pm

in science class about two weeks ago my science teatcher was telling us about these fossils they found in the amazon which belonged to a huge snake.
SuperNerd

Postby CrusherFansUnite » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Sorry Guys but that snake picture was made for a Photoshop Contest not sure if it won but I think it should.
Sorry for ruining that but just that I would let you know.
CrusherFansUnite
Worm
Worm

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:00 pm

WHAAAAAT! :evil:

Where did you get this information that the photo's been staged?

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Sheriff Hoyt » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:35 pm

This might not have been 100 feet, but it's sure more believable. Damn shame too, that they ended up killing it. :(
Sheriff Hoyt
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:37 pm

O____O Man, that's one gigantic serpent!

Not to mention, it does seem realistic, since Snakes grow thruought their entire lives...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby C S » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:38 pm

Geeze...55 feet and 140 years old if it really was real

And, theres such a thing as animal trafficing, so calling that photo a hoax because one species isnt native to an area is stupid. See the everglades. Pythons are there because of people who thought they would be good pets, only to let them loose
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:40 pm

CS... I doubt that 140 years ago, someone brought a baby pyhton into China...

Though, perhaps itt was smuggled in about 60+ years ago... Nah, it doesn't make sense...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby C S » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:43 pm

dude, you are aware that some people had ADULT pythons as pets?! Giants that took up entire tanks just by coiling up!

Ussually, by time they are adults, thats when sh*t hits the fan and they get loose and live in the wild. Its happened in Florida, as seen in the everglades
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Sheriff Hoyt » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Yep. Pythons are like, all over Florida now. They're actually becoming a problem.
Sheriff Hoyt
Mosquito
Mosquito

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Here's the thing, CS... Most Reticulated Pythons get up to the age of about 40 or so before they're killed via habitat lost, natural reasons, or angry farmers. I highly doubt that back in the early 1900's, before WWII, that someone brought 2 Reticulated Pythons into China...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby C S » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:48 pm

Im just saying, its possible. It would be amazing that they lived that long undiscovered if it was true, but its unknown now, and probably gonna stay like that. Im just saying its weird that the governement went "Oh ya, those pythons arent indignous here, so its fake <.>"
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Previous

Return to Off-Topic