Fantasy Matches

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Fantasy Matches

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:07 am

So Gira will finally be quiet :P

Pretty self explanatory. This topic deals with a combination of media characters, creatures, machines, and what not, that would fight one another.

Rules:

1: This is not an RPG or E-war, its a discussion/debate.
2: Please keep things civil, flaming/insulting rules still apply here.
3: Things don't have to be SUPER CEREAL here. Although a debate, its still just for fun. Just be sure to stay on topic, this isn't random topic.

The title of the topic will change depending on what the current discussion is. Anything that can fight is eligible for comparison, but I guess it would be advised to pick things that would actually stand a chance against each other :P

So, first off: We must decide what the first topic would be. This process will happen every time the majority of people want to move onto something else.

Note: The location/contents of this topic are subject to change, depending on the opinions of the other staff members (As I was too impatient to wait until they got online).
Last edited by TyrannoTitan on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Alpha » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:13 am

James Bond vs Solid Snake in a hand to hand combat?.
We won't be here tomorrow, Hold on to me for one last time
Alpha
House fly
House fly

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Solid snake. He's an army guy, for christ's sake!!!!!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Remember that this was a suggestion, not the actual topic. Selecting a topic would require the majority agreeing on a subject before the actual discussion begins.

If more people agree to the subject of Solid Snake VS James Bond, then it will be the official topic.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:13 pm

hmmm... I don't know enough about either of these fighters to make an accurate assesment. I'll have to do some recearch in the meanwhile, so until then, 1 vote against that match up.

Now instead, I'd like to throw in my idea of a fight onto the board:

Monster-X vs. Orga.

Rules:

Scaled to 100 meters.

Arena: Tokyo.

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby The Kingpin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Solid Snake vs. James Bond? tough one....really depends. Snake's fast, but Bond's got a knack for pulling tricks that you wouldn't expect. oh, and, for your information G4E, both of them are soldiers. Bond probably has more training overall though [because he went through the standard ranks of the military and all the harsh training, PLUS the extra espionage training to turn him into an effective spy and prevent him from being a security liability, with his experience in several world saving missions beign the icing on the cake. simply speaking, in a worst case scenario, IMO, Bond would probably last longer against enemies]. plus, Bond's got tech more advanced than most of what i've seen Snake [specifically Snake. not his enemies] use. then again, Bond, when it comes down to it, is human. Snake's an engineered super soldier, so in hand to hand chances are Snake'd outmatch him. if on even terms [Snake cheated of his super-soldier advantage], assuming he's in a 'realistic' environment instead of just a room with nothing in it but walls and a floor, i think Bond would win. on even terms without any form of asistance, i'd say they're almost evenly matched. depends on which Bond you're using. Bond in his prime would be a serious threat simply because he's fast, strong and not afraid to be absolutely brutal [look at Quantum of Solace]. Bond slightly past his prime'd probably have the experience to counteract his slightly slowed pace. his hitting wouldn't be as hard, but he'd make up for it by hitting in more dangerous places at better times.

TT, before you join in, please watch a few 007 movies. you're currently not qualified to speak on the matter :P
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Alpha » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:00 pm

The problem is, that Bond's past is not fully explained, but Snake's is in some sort of way.

Born in 1972 as a result of the "Les Enfants Terribles" project, Solid Snake was a product of a secret government project to create the perfect soldier, using the genes of the "Greatest Warrior of the 20th Century", Big Boss. By utilizing the Super Baby Method, eight clone babies were grown using Big Boss’ cells merged with eggs taken from a healthy Japanese woman. Six of the babies were aborted to promote growth in the remaining two, who were then injected into the womb of EVA. Nine months later twins were born: Solid Snake and Liquid Snake. The two clones were modified on the genetic level, with Solid receiving all the inferior soldier genes and Liquid receiving all the superior soldier genes. A third clone was also later created, known as Solidus Snake who was a perfect clone of Big Boss. Liquid Snake was led to believe that he received the inferior genes and later informed an unknowing Solid Snake as such.

Following his birth, Snake was given the name "David." He spent the first ten years of his life in the state of Oregon with intense military training. During the summer months he would make weekly visits to a small, privately owned theme park known as “Kiddieland.”

Snake made his way into the military by 1991. He had been inducted into the Green Berets and took part in a mission to infiltrate western Iraq during the Gulf War. Later, he joined Big Boss's special forces unit FOXHOUND, during which time he received the codename "Solid Snake." He also underwent personal CQC training by Big Boss at this time, but after Outer Heaven, he chose not to implement a technique created by "a man who betrayed his unit," and vowed never to use it again. However, he would lift this self-imposed ban much later in his life.
We won't be here tomorrow, Hold on to me for one last time
Alpha
House fly
House fly

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Solid Snake busts out his Rocket Launcher and blows Bond up to smitterines.

And now, we have our second course of fury: Gwangi vs. Crusher

Scaled

Skull Island

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Doc 42 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:16 pm

Solid Snake busts out his Rocket Launcher and blows Bond up to smitterines.

Alpha wrote:James Bond vs Solid Snake in a hand to hand combat?.

Epic fail.

I'm not sure really. If it was Big Boss, Bond would be screwed, but with Snake, I'd say it would be even enough. Bond more likely to win I'd think, based on his slipperiness.
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby TyrannoTitan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:44 pm

Gira...shut up. These discussions don't last only a few posts, so stop suggesting new ones with every post.

If you don't know the combatants, then don't post until the discussion is over. For now, the official one is Solid Snake VS James Bond. And remember, they said hand to hand combat.

Specifics like size and location are semantics. They are as their official size is, and location doesn't matter. Purely fighting skill based. Whether or not they use weapons, however, is something the general public could decide.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:17 pm

Snake stands a better chance with hand to hand combat, as Bond owns with a gun, but like KP said, he was trained in various methods of fighting. His one true proven weakness is women (:P) but even then, that just throws him off a little, so Imma side with Bond on this. Snake got owned by a crab <.<
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Iceking » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:56 pm

I'd have to say James bond would win, mainly due to how cunning he is in almost any situation.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:09 am

Well it seems most have agreed without much debate on the current topic.

In an effort to bring life back to this topic, I say we vote what to discuss next.

My submission: GINO (1998 'Godzilla' movie. I say this rather then Zilla, because it lacks a number of abilities that Zilla truly has) VS Clover (From-GASP-Cloverfield).

Again, this is just my submission. People can agree or submit their own.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:11 am

I ask Akantor vs. White Fatalis. Clash of the elder wyverns!!!
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:14 am

I agree to GINO VS Clover. One flaming gob sh*t movie monster vs a quite respectable movie monster.

Well, both roar pretty damn loud

I guess GINO has a speed advantage..

They both are..really small monster wise, but I guess GINO would be more muscley, oh, he can bite through a fishing boat with a metal hull...

But Clover's giant arms can hold it down and claw away with the second pair on his/her abs...

I'd say the fight would be pretty even...
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:16 am

I think clover would win. It has big old arms, and I think its bite is like the paratie's in that it is desease-ridden and you'll die quite quickly and violently.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Iceking » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 am

I think that it depends on what strategy the two use. GINO could use a strategy of out pacing Clover while darting to attack whenever he got an opening and he could do this until Clover was getting tired, but Clover could easily use his durable hide to his advantage and also wait for GINO to get tired, then use his arms to hold him while using his teeth to deal the killing blow. I think GINO could win as he would most likely not run in unless he felt conditions were in his favor to attack.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:36 am

Ya, I believe GINO would win as well. Clover, to my knowledge, doesn't have any kind of energy attack, and therefore would depend on physical attacks. Considering he is very awkward (The long, skinny arms, mainly), and GINO is very fast, I think he'd be able to attack Clover repeatedly without sustaining any injuries of his own.

But then again, as G4E said, the bite of Clover might have the same toxic effect as the parasites.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Giratina93 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:40 am

I'd have to go with Gino here. Clovie really doesn't have any real means of harming Gino other than the parasites, which may or may not affect Zilla. Add to that Zilla's speed and agility, and it's intelligence, and Clovie has quite a fight on his hands...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:46 am

Giratina93 wrote:I'd have to go with Gino here. Clovie really doesn't have any real means of harming Gino other than the parasites....

What are you talkin' about? Clover's bigger, more durable, and has minions to help him. How could he not hurt him? I mean, he TORE THE STATUE OF LIBERTY'S HEAD CLEAN OFF, and bronze isn't nescessarily a weak metal.

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Next

Return to Off-Topic