Fantasy Matches

Got something to say that isn't fitting anywhere else? Post it here!

Postby Iceking » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:10 am

I too vote for Barioth. Another thing worth mentioning is that it can fly during combat, something Tigrex can't do.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:16 am

I vote that, since no one has posted in here and the fight seems to have lost people's interest, we should have the ultimate kaiju battle: Burning Godzilla vs Super Godzilla!!!

On Burning G's side: Raw POWA.

On Super G's side: Versitility and a vast amount of ranged attacks.

Who would win?
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:18 am

Burning Godzilla

for the sheer fact he wasnt in a god awful video game

no one controls Godzilla's mind dammit. You just cant

that, and the fact BG's more of a 'super' Godzilla form than Super Godzilla himself :P
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:26 am

I'm gonna have to vote for Super Godzilla... Yes, Burhing Godzilla is quite powerful, but only when he's very near meltdown. THis can be proven if one notices that the beam he used on the Super X III at the beginning was far weaker than the beams he was spammnig out on Dessy when his temperature reached 1185 degrees. Suepr Godzilla, on the other hand, was powerful enough to take on Bagan, a beast which G90's couldn't even put a dent in... of course, YMMV...

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:34 am

I feel that it would be a draw. Burning Godzilla's beam would simply be absorbed by Super G and Super G's physicall attacks would simply not get him too far, nor would Burning G's attacks do that much to Super Godzilla.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:36 am

Reffer back to KG vs Desotroyah (IIRC) You had no proof to back up your temperature = power claim, so you cant use that argument

What I do have proof for is the following

Super Godzilla hurts himself destroying buildings

Burning Godzilla doesnt

Super Godzilla gets over ridden by humans

Burning Godzilla (and any movie Godzilla from the Heisei era) doesnt

Super Godzilla is basically regular form Godzilla in a game

Burning Godzilla is Godzilla at his most powerful, in the movies, period (Canon > Video game establishment)
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:39 am

Unfortunatly, tis the problem of FM's that pit movie characters agaisnt Video Game ones.... most "Claims of Power" can easilly be attributed to game mechanics... Thus, I am forced to abstain...

EDIT: Since this place is a ghost town, I think it' stime to rev things up... WITH A NEW FANTASY MATCH!

Lagiacrus vs. Rathalos

Arena: Skull Island Swamplands.

Oh boy, is this going to be one epic collosial showdown. It's said that a battle between a Rathalos and a male Lagiacrus is the most spectacular, and dangerous, events to ever soo on the planet. Now, I give my vote to the lightning dragon. Sure, Rathalos can spew fireballs at it all it wants, but eventually, he's going to have to swoop down at the sea dragon, and Lagi could just slam him to the ground with his tail when he gets close, allowing the beast to chomp down on the Rathalos's neck...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:48 pm

I feel that it would be evenly matched. Rathalos would be wary of Lagi's electric shield and orbs and Lagi would be concerned about Rathalos being in the air, pelting it with fireballs.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby C S » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:00 pm

I say the entire fight's stupid. Skull Island swamp? The f*ck?

Ignoring that, it'd be like when TT and IK had that spar. It'd be a draw. Rath isnt gonna go diving in after lagi and lagi wont be launching itself at Rath
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:27 am

Seeing as the last FM was abit of a "Failure", I guess it's time for a matchup quite a few people have msot certainly thought up of...

Alatreon vs. White Fatalis

Arena: Sacred Land (The place where you fight Alatreon)

Rules: None.

Well, we have two of the toughest and most bad*** monsters to ever grace the MH universe. I have to give my vote to Alatreon. Sure, White Fatalis may have uber thunderbolts of doom, but Alatreon's elementally unstable, and can use all elements as he pleases, which means he could easily attack WF's weakness...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Iceking » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:39 am

I once feel that the winner this fight would depend on the situation the two get each other in. Up close, White Fatalis would easily triumph, because he can harden his scales to reduce the damage he takes and could use his claws and teeth to the point that the Alatreon's wings would be rendered useless, which would seal the smaller dragon's doom to melee and lighting attacks. At a distance, though, Alatreon would be able to use it's elemental unstabilty to gradually wear down White Fata, while occasionally getting in close for a quick melee. Once White Fata was tired enough, Alatreon could then move into closer range and use it's horns, claws and teeth to good effect.
Iceking
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:34 pm

I think Alatreon could win, because he could use the elements to its advantage.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Re: Fantasy Matches

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:02 am

BUMP!

Well, time for a new Fantasy Match, and this one is the battle of the Gojis!

Final Wars GOdzilla

vs.

Heisei Godzilla.

RUles:

1. Heisei cannot go Meltdown
2. NO SPIRAL RAYS!

Now, I think Heisei 's got this in the bag. FW goji's average for a godzilla, and isn't the strongest thing ever. Heisei, on the other hand, stood up to some of the most powerful Kaiju in the Toho Universe, and came out on top. Add to that his insane regen, and I think we all know whose going to win this one...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby Godzilla Forever » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:09 am

Err........ Heisei godzilla doesn't heal very well. That honor goes to GMK Godzilla. In fact, his healing is the slowest next to 60's-70's godzilla. FW Godzilla doesn't heal well either, but his breath attack is definitely on par with Heisei's, and his strength possibly SURPASSES Heisei's (either Kumonga weighs like 100 pounds or FW Godzilla's got some muscles!). Not to mention he basically slaughters all the monsters in seconds...........

Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:30 am

FW Godzilla just because he is an overpowered *sshole. Heisei Godzilla has tiny arms and can barely swing them, let alone to actually damage something with them. Unless Heisei can blast FW godzilla before he gets close, he is f*cked.
TyrannoTitan

Postby C S » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Seriously, whats with the rules? Doesnt it take away from a fight when one character's ace in the hole that COULD win in an interesting match up is not allowed?

As for the actual fight, it can go either way. Heisei is a massive, lumbering force of nature. FW...is a demon crack baby....on crack. He's able to run circles around Heisei and physically beat him down, granted it would take a while considering Heisei's bulk and tough hide. Blasting each other with atomic breath wont do much...as its both Godzillas' energy. They'd have a resistance to it me thinks. So in the end, it comes down to who can land the most critical strikes against each other. While FW is slim and fast, Heisei has a lot of strength packed into his giant body, and has a much greater chance of landing a dazing blow on FW, which would allow him time to follow up with another devastating hit, compensating for his slower maneuverabillity
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Oh boy... time to break out the old debating stuff...

Alright, now everyone here is saying that FW goji is on par with Heisei Godzilla, which is a laughable comparison at best. Now, FW goji DOES have some melee skills, but Heisei Goji beats him in the strength department by a LONG shot. (G 90's picking up Mechagodzilla by the neck, at an angle wich makes it very hard to do and throwing him the distance he did is more of an impressive feat than FW Goji throwing Kumonga, due to just how STUPID that whole dang sceen was. Seriously, it was like Kumonga just floated up and Goji began to twirl him around, before letting go, and the spider ACCELERATED in mid-air... it makes no sense whatsoever, even for a Godzilla film, and should be ignored in debates... that was probably the only good thing I learned back at TK...) Also, all the Kaiju FW goji fought were very frail (Kamacarus getting impaled by a radio tower, Anguirous, King Caesar, and Rodan getting knocked out cold by bumping their heads on mountains, Gigan getting blown up by a flaming moth, the list goes on and on...) It would be like me beating up several kittens in a row without breaking a sweat. Does that make me super powerful? HECK NO! Plus, Heisei's regen is very, VERY good (Getting his shoulder blown out by SpaceGodzilla, having his hand and shoulder pierced by Biollante's tendrils, and having his chest blown out by Super Mechagodzilla's Plasm Grenade, only for the damage to have been regenerated. Now, Heisei Godzilla's not the most powerful Godzilla out there (GxM Goji and Meltdown Goji beat him there), but he can certainly handle FW goji...

Oh, and as for the rules? I atleast tried to give FW goji a chance here... Heisei Goji's SPiral Ray is just stupid powerful (As Spacegodzilla and SuperMechagodzilla can testify), and I highly doubt FW Goji's going to survive one, so I got rid of both Spiral Rays... besides, all FW goji's beam does is push things...

*Braces self for onslaught of counterarguments...*

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:29 pm

While I agree that Final Wars was stupid in their portrayal of enemy monsters, you can't just say "Well they weren't as strong". How do we know it was them who were weaker, and not Godzilla who was stronger? You're not dealing with facts. The fact is: FW Godzilla blew up Hedorah in one shot. That is FACT. The power of Hedorah during that time is simply speculation.

It may be unrealistic even for a Godzilla movie, but its still fact. You can't just add facts to something to suit your argument. Using details from the movies, FW Godzilla is vastly superior to Heisei Godzilla in all factors. His breath weapon can explode a monster's head in a single shot, and he can bat a monster away with one swing of his tail.
TyrannoTitan

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:38 pm

Here's the laydown of the very stupid Kumonga incident...

1. Godzilla wasn't spinning NEARLY fast enough to build enough acceleration to throw Kumonga 500 feet, let along 500 miles.

2. When he did throw Kumonga, Komonga accelerated through the air. The heck? Does Godzilla have some sort of telekinetic abilities?

3. Going back to point 1, it takes hardly any stregnth to throw a kaiju that way. Maybe if Godzilla actually picked up Kumonga and threw him, that would be something impressive. But basically, he used centripetal force to throw him. The only time he actually had to use brute stregnth was when he lifted Kumonga, and unless Kumonga weighs a million tons, that's practically nothing.

4. Even when Godzilla lifted Kumonga, it wasn't really him lifting more that it was him pulling the web up and Kumonga sort of floating upwards. The hell?

Now, as for the whole "Are the monsters weak or FW Goji strong?" debate, the best piece of evidence for the latter would have to be Ebirah and Hedorah. Back in the Showa films, Hedorah was a behemoth that Goji couldn't take on without human intervention. If FW, however, the Hedorah we see not only lacks it's acidic properties (Otherwise, Ebirah would have had it's arm melted off when it pierced Hedorah when Hedorah crashed onto him,) but also goes down in two shots (The 1st one pushes him up high and has him crash into Ebirah, while the second puches Ebirah, hedorah, and the building they're up against a few hundred feet before exploding.). Ebirah, also, was a very fierce Kaiju that gave SHowa Goji a good fight back in Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster. his FW incarnation, however, goes down to human-made weapons... Yeah... Also, remember Rodan, Anguirous, and KC getting knocked cold by hitting the side of a mountain? well, Showa Rodan slammed into KG in mid-flight, and wasn't knocked cold by that at all, but was still able to fight... Yeah... I definitly think that the FW Kaiju are VERy frail and weak...

I am trying to deal with the facts here.... It's just how one INTERPRETS the facts that causes debates...

Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby TyrannoTitan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:01 pm

1: Giant radioactive dinosaur spawned from nuclear tests.

2: Giant radioactive dinosaur spawned from nuclear tests.

3: Giant radioactive dinosaur spawned from nuclear tests.

4: GIANT F*CKING RADIOACTIVE DINOSAUR.

You are trying to apply logic...to a Godzilla movie...are you kidding me? If you look at ANY Godzilla movie, even ignoring the obvious things, you'll still find "What the f*ck" moments regarding physics. Physics in the movies fluctuate to fit the situation. If you want to be hair-splittingly technical, then the reason for Rodan not being knocked cold when he rammed Ghidorah is because his head is made of rubber and flops around like a wet noodle.

Just because Godzilla dispatched them with ease does not make them weaker. It could mean he's stronger, as I said.
TyrannoTitan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic