Cryptozoologic Books

Like books? Talk about them here!

Cryptozoologic Books

Postby TyrannoTitan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:41 pm

I have read coutless books on the field of Cryptozoology.For some of you who do not know this field it is the study of "monsters".The Loch Ness Monster,Bigfoot,and Mothman are some examples.I do believe in almost all of these creatures.I have read 3 books on the loch ness monster,1 book on the Chupacabra,and 3 books on many monsters.Some are very unbelievable and others are almost proven to be real.I study the most famous Sea Monster,the Loch Ness Monster or Nessie,as a side interest.I do not want to hear others arguing about the fact if they believe in Cryptozoology or not.Here are a few astonishing movies and pictures and a site to look for information:

Best video of the Loch Ness Monster:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97WDNIvnlgA

Photo of Nessie's fin:

Information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptozoology
TyrannoTitan

Postby mega raptor » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:17 am

I used to believe in cryptozoology, but then I thought about it: a lot of those creatures are based on animals from ancient legends, millenia old. Shouldn't there have been some concrete evidence, like, say a body?
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:51 am

That Vid! that is Awesome proof of nessie! IT CAME THAT CLOSE! you deserve a cookie for finding that Vid!
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:05 am

That is not proof. It is said that Loch Ness expeirenceses unusual ripples in the water. There was some explanation for it. Forgot what though.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:48 pm

Hm...I saw a special on the National Geographic channel. Apparently, most of the evidence is just bad photos and videos with horrible quality. What you see in the video is most likely a large eel. Loch Ness is famous for them. And also, quite possibly, it was an alien wave. When there is no wind, sometimes a random wave will appear. -shrugs- It's perfectly normal.

I'm a Nessie believer, but after seeing that program...I still am, just not as strongly any more.
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby Doc 42 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:54 pm

Whats mothman? and the vid could be a fish all I saw was a ripple, anything could of made it. Would cryptzology inculde places like Atlantis?
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby The Kingpin » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:28 pm

no. Cryptozoology, as pointed out by the word Zoo in it, is specifically for mythical creatures...
"Ah yes, organised chaos. the sign of a clever but ever-busy mind. To the perpetrator, a carefully woven web of belongings and intrigue, but to the bystander? Madness!"
–William Beckett, Lore of Leyuna RPG

The Kingpin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:04 pm

that must have been a really big Eel.......anyways the only cryptid i really beleive in is bigfoot....and .....dang i forogt the name of it....
"I attack you: You did something wrong. You attack me: ...You did something wrong."
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:07 pm

What's it look like? Maybe I know.
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:59 pm

I just don't belive in big foot anymore. Did you guys here about the old people who said they hoxed the original picture of him walking. He is as fake as all the others. Mothman just creeps me out though.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:22 pm

Get your facts straight please.

1: THERE ARE NO BIG FISH IN LOCH NESS.
2: No, Atlantis isn't Cryptozoology (hence why it has "zoo" in it)
3: Name me 3 Criptids and THEN come talk to me about something being fake...
TyrannoTitan

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:26 pm

Tyrannosaurus Titanus wrote:Get your facts straight please.

1: THERE ARE NO BIG FISH IN LOCH NESS.
2: No, Atlantis isn't Cryptozoology (hence why it has "zoo" in it)
3: Name me 3 Criptids and THEN come talk to me about something being fake...

Ogopogo was proven fake....
here are the 3 cyptids..
Mermaids,Mothman,and ALIENS!
i saw a UFO last night also...i thought it was a plane until it was moving up and down then dissapearing and appearing again
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:50 pm

Ogopogo HAS NOT been proven fake. Go get me a document, and then i'll believe you.

Also, in the common people's term of "mermaids" they are precieved WRONG. So tell me, what do you think they look like?

And about the aliens, get your video camera next time! I carry mine around everywhere for such event. Unless the batteries are dead...
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:17 pm

I love cryptids. Just the idea of them is so cool, but I hardley belive many now an' days. I know a bunch though.
Nessie, Mothman, Bigfoot, Yeti, Chupacabra (Proven real), Mokelemembe, Jersy Devil.
I know more, just can't remember the names.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby TyrannoTitan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:43 pm

Mokele Mbembe, Ngoubou, Mbielu-Mbielu-Mbielu, and Kasai Rex are all supposed dinosaurs living today.

Mokele Mbembe - Sauropod

Ngoubou - Triceratops

Mbielu-Mbielu-Mbielu - Stegosaur

Kasai Rex - Tyrannosaur

Interesting....eh?
TyrannoTitan

Postby TyrantTR » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:53 pm

It is also funny how Kasai Rex is supposed to be a trex, yet the first photograph, as well as his first sightings photograph make him look like an iguana. I don't belive in Kasai Rex at all.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Hopeflower » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:50 am

An iguana? How could people mistake that for a T-Rex? -fights laughter- My god, either they're stupid...or they have NO clue what a dinosaur is.

And all the above listed 'fakes' are kinda....well, proven true in some way or another. Like the Nessie flipper shot. You keep a straight face and tell me that it doesn't look like a Plesiosaur flipper. Pretty much all Nessie believers agree--she's some sort of living relic from the age of dinosaurs.

-blinks- and the Chupacabra...wasn't that a special on Nationa Geographic? I only saw about twenty minutes of it...apparently some cop was attacked and it was caught on flim. Or was that mothman? I get them confused.
Hopeflower
Titanium Shortcake
Titanium Shortcake

Postby TyrantTR » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:29 am

The cop was supposedly attacked and took a picture. It turned out to be a decoration at a museum or something. But the chupacabra is real. It is kinda like a kangaroo with narly teeth, and a pig's snout. Very interesting animal really. It sucks blood. A farmer aparently shot one.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby Stallordasaurus Rex » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:42 am

well y'see my camera was broken....so i couldn't tape it...hehe
and the thing about Ogopogo. I saw this Show it comes only saterday nights. It tlaks about vampires,sea monsters,and all those others.
Well on the show they went under the lake where Ogopogo has been sighted and they founda statue of the monster on the Lake bottom.Weird too....how would it get underwater? its not like the people could just push under the water
Stallordasaurus Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Postby mega raptor » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:41 am

Hopeflower wrote:You keep a straight face and tell me that it doesn't look like a Plesiosaur flipper. Pretty much all Nessie believers agree--she's some sort of living relic from the age of dinosaurs.

I will easily keep a straight face and tell you the photo is not a plesiosaur. It is nothing more than the bottom of the lake, not some living relic of the dinosaurs. Which, by the way, I have some trouble seeing that anything could have survived from, because, quite simply, we'd see fossils. And we'd have a body. We don't.

And how could a marine reptile survive in loch ness? There isn't enough food, and, considering all the poeple that come to look for it, why haven't we found it? Why isn't there a body?

This goes for all other cryptids. Why don't we have fossil evidence? Why don't we have a body? Why don't we have any photo of any one of the damn things that isn't so grainy it looks like the bottom of a freakn' lake?
It's you and me against the world. We attack at dawn.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper. - T.S. Eliot
mega raptor
Butterfly
Butterfly

Next

Return to General Books