Eragon, ELdest

Like books? Talk about them here!

Postby TyrantTR » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:49 am

Cliches or no imagination is what I say. The plot is a rip off of starwars, man. Lets save a princess and stuff. Very few Dragon riders. Betrayel among the dragon riders. Hell it's star wars of the medeival ages.

And just because I can spot a ripoff a mile away doesn't meen I'm an idiot, and doesn't meen I'm insulting the book. Just the author for lack of originality.
Well James Bond Chinchilla and Monsta Pacman gets old after a year or so of absence. >_> Methinks I'll leave this blank until I come up with something to put here.
TyrantTR
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Postby C S » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:05 pm

your not the only one. I saw the cover, read the back, read about some OBJECT MOVING POWERS and thought "Is this star was..but in the wrong cover?"
C S
Bae Fish
Bae Fish

Postby chook151 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:12 am

Hi! I've read all 3; Brisingr, eldest and eragon. and cant wait for the fourth!
BTW: To all those people saying its a ripoff of starwars, I disagree. There are so many books out there that practically every book seems a ripoff if you read em all through. Then again , thats my opinion.
" If i'm not different, i'm dead ."
- Random hobo.
chook151
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:57 pm

It's a complete ripoff of SW, and a little LOTR as well... The Dragon Riders/Jedi rule the land, and make peace... but suddenly someone turns evil and betrays them (Galbatorix/Vader+Sidious). He has a few others to help him, the Forsworn/Nazgul, and creates an EMPIRE, ruling the land with an iron fist...
a few decades later, we see a young farm boy in the middle of nowhere with relatives, known as Luke/Eragon, with little knowledge of his parents. The empire kills his uncle, who he lives with, and he wants revenge. He goes out on a quest with an old man, Brom/Obi-wan, who becomes a mentor for him. Later on, he is killed, and Luke/Eragon is filled with grief. Along the way he saves a girl whom he later on loves, and somewhere in there also found a companion, Murtagh/Han. They join a group of rebels (Alliance/Varden), who are glad that the princess they saved is alive, and eventually the boy saves the day by winning a great big battle...
Oh and did I mention dwarves and elves were used by tolkien first in LOTR...?
RIPOFF
Clarity of thought before rashness of action...
Evil Eye
Carcharodontosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Re: Eragon, ELdest

Postby TyrannosaurusRules! » Wed May 04, 2011 8:54 pm

the reason the books sound like star wars are that original plots are hard to come by now. Im impressed he wrote the first book at the age of 15 and still had many original creatures and histories. Cant wait for the Fourth!
Sand Claw
Gustav
Dire Howl
DRACUL DRAGO
TyrannosaurusRules!
House fly
House fly

Postby Doc 42 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Actually, a friend of mine told me that parts of the fourth were leaked, and that its coming soon apparently, so good time to revive this topic.

Is it a plot grafted from star wars?
yes
Is it largely generic fantasy?
yes

Is it fun? Well yes actually.
I read it despite disliking the characters, disliking the plot, disliking whatever, just because its a pleasant book to read. The action scenes are done very well and some of the mechanics are well thought out
"**** off TT"-Doc 42

Trophy art by CompyScavanger
Slow Posters Club
Doc 42
Cool Guy Moderator
Cool Guy Moderator

Postby Godzilla Forever » Thu May 19, 2011 11:20 pm

I'm honestly in love with this series. Though I wonder when the fourth book is coming out...

The best one IMO was the second one, because it set everything up so perfectly.
Last edited by Godzilla Forever on Fri May 20, 2011 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If none can know what lies ahead, then losing one's way is just human nature."~ Yoshimitsu

"Would you hear my desire? To take this foul blade, and use it to blot out the light forever!" ~ Ganondorf
Godzilla Forever
Leviathan
Leviathan

Postby TyrannosaurusRules! » Fri May 20, 2011 12:56 am

i agree that eldest brought it together Godzilla Forever but by far my favorite is the third gold dragon for the win!! :lol:
Sand Claw
Gustav
Dire Howl
DRACUL DRAGO
TyrannosaurusRules!
House fly
House fly

Previous

Return to General Books