Journal of a dead man

Have you got a game, book or movie you'd like to make a story out of? Want to expand on a story or plot that stopped? Have an original idea for a story that you want to post somewhere? Here's where to do it. Basically an RPG where one player controls ALL characters in the story.

who thinks this isn't a group of chaos sorcerers?

me
20%
not me
40%
can't be sure
40%

Total votes : 5

Journal of a dead man

Postby raptor titanus3 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:30 am

This account is taken from a Imperial guardsman's Recorder Journal found by a search & retrieve team before the full events happened on Victoria Prime in the Eastern frontier of space and is to be logged in the Imperial Archives; as is stated in the planets description it is a forest planet with settlements dotting the planet and inhabited by mostly peaceful creatures

Chapter1: First log
My outfit is to accompany a group of space marine scouts, their second-in-command psyker ment for warp presence dectection, though I'm not sure what that is exactly, and their Inquisitor leader meant to confirm a threat to the planet. I hope that isn't the case, though I'll admit that the recent murders and disappearences arn't very natural. Like Mr. Brunswick who owned that plot of land for raising Razorthorn Thrush had lost some of his biggest birds, so when he stayed out one night to make sure he caught whoever was doing it was found a pile of bones in the nearby woods covered with some sort of smelly goo all over them. Or Oliver Thurson who was found a bloody mess late one night when her parents hadn't seen since breakfast and had gone looking for her when they found what remained of their daughter. That also happened to be in the woods which makes us believe that she could have fallen prey to those nasty finback lizards but can't explain the smelly goo that was also found near her remains plus that both of them were found as skeletins when finbacks digest everything and they don't leave behind such foul smelling stuff all over their victems. Something strange and unusual is happening here and the psyker said he felt a dark entety enhabiting the forest so he thinks it could be some sort of demonic monster brought to the world by it's peaceful inhabitants happy lives! If thats the case then it's not going to stay peaceful here.

End of log.....

The next two Accounts were skipped as they were small and unimportant or held details in the next account, future logs may be skipped because of this

Chapter2:Fourth log
Psyker Mandis was chewed out today by the Inquisitor for not detecting the threat, but how could he when Bandelous was there one second and in the next he was hualed off a ledge! Whatever it was we diddn't see it so it must have been a cult attack, only magic could have luanched a guardsman off a ledge without anyone seeing something right? I'm starting to regret coming out here, I mean first it was strange claws marks on the trees' iron bark, then clandor's tent was attacked though thankfully he survived whatever tried to kill him, now Bandelous! And he was a big man too, so I don't know what could have happened. The strange thing about the attack though is that he screamed before being luanched off the ledge and his backpack had holes in it striaght down to the flesh which was cut up bad! I hope we find the threat and remove it, before it removes us. At least the scout marines and their Sergant are here, they are trained for facing any foe and to kill them without fear or mercy and they are keeping their heads, unlike the rest of us even the Inquisitor seems unnerved by recent events and hes as close to a space marine without being one as can be.

End of log.....

Chapter3:Log 7
We're going to die, we are all going to be eaten by whatever dragged off Thespin! We were sure we were safe but it proved us wrong, so very wrong. The sentries say they diddn't see anything enter the perimiter but it got through and it tore open thespin's tent and sank it's giant fangs into him. At least we think he was bitten others say it had giant spikes on arms or something like that. Before we could even shoot the creature it fled back to the murcky darkness of the woods. Once again the Inquisitor came at Mandis demanding why he diddn't sense the threat as it turned out the psyker did detect it but too late. The Inquisitor diddn't buy it and threated to shoot the Psyker! Thankfully the Space Marine scout Sergent Came to Mandis' aide in time to stop the Inquisitor. Nobodys going to sleep for a week because of this failure.

End of log

Chapter4:Log 10
It hasn't attacked for three nights and it's leaving the men nervous and trigger-happy we know it's following us and it knows we are growing impatent. Hopfully the inquisitor will...... I spoke too soon it attacked the camp and we finally have some clue to what it is I think. The scout marines spotted it and have chased it off we're waiting for them to come back and tell us what exactly it is. The psyker is trying to detect the scout marines life signs so we can tell whats happening outside of the camp, remarkably no guardsmen saw the creature as it fled into the woods though the target of this attack couldn't be any more lucky the Inquisitor was pretty shaken up.

End of log
Last edited by raptor titanus3 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby raptor titanus3 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:36 pm

sorry for the double post but chapter two is up, enjoy
"We all go about our daily lives, waiting for the next big thing, the next cool trend, even the smallest bits of info on anything happening, but what we're really waiting for... is for something interesting to happen to us, thats what draws us to the rich and famous... we want to be like them... I don't, I'm fine with who I am... and you should be too" - RT3
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby raptor titanus3 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:09 am

okay now I've had to triple post to show people I'm still working
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Postby Giratina93 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:26 am

Hmm... I'm enjoying this little series.. Nice work, RT!

All hail the glory that is Tenshi, the Sunkern!
Giratina93
Psuedo-Wyvern
Psuedo-Wyvern

Postby raptor titanus3 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Thank you gira, anyway chapter 4 is up and ready for viewing
(P.S. Anyone who has played the Dawn of war II campain and payed any attention to the conversations should realise whats attacking but don't post the answer or you'll ruin the suspense)
raptor titanus3
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

Return to Single Writer Fiction